Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parvo treatment kit

• 20-05-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

i have a sick puppy 2 months old i suspect it could be parvo anyone know where i could get a treatment kit, or does anyone have any remedies, as i cant get hold of any vets in limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

You NEED to get to a vet, it's the only chance the pup will have. I don't know how you can't get a hold of vets in Limerick, I've often had to go on a Sunday, who have you tried ringing? The pup will need IV fluids to stand any chance, not something you can do on your own unless you've medical training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

You NEED to get to a vet, it's the only chance the pup will have. I don't know how you can't get a hold of vets in Limerick, I've often had to go on a Sunday, who have you tried ringing? The pup will need IV fluids to stand any chance, not something you can do on your own unless you've medical training.

all of them they close at 1 and reopen at 5

Have you tried treaty vets? They don't open on Sundays but if you ring their number there is a message, they leave a number on it, ring that number and they will see you, there is no opening or closing times, its an emergancy line. Ive had to call it twice they never say anything like closed at 1.

Have you tried treaty vets? They don't open on Sundays but if you ring their number there is a message, they leave a number on it, ring that number and they will see you, there is no opening or closing times, its an emergancy line. Ive had to call it twice they never say anything like closed at 1.

yes there my local vets, im not getting an answer from the emergency number

Only thing t do is to keep trying it, they will answer eventually don't worry, took 5 rings the last time I had to call them. Honestly if it is parvo the sooner you get the pup in the better chance he has, so just keep calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Are you ringing the landline number or the emergency mobile number given on the answering machine? No reason you can't get hold of a vet in Limerick today. They cover for each other so even if you ring Treaty you may well be directed to another vet. Please get your pup seen asap. Hope all will be well. If it is parvo, then it is an emergency and the pup needs to be put on a drip.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ryan84

When my dog had parvo I brought him into the vets at 2am on a Sunday on a bank holiday weekend. Lucky I did they said he prob wouldn't have survived the night. Def bring the pup to a vet ASAP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

You cant waste time when it comes to parvo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Theres no such thing as a Parvo treatment kit? :confused:

You need to get your dog to a vets asap, Parvo is very serious and if its not caught in time it could be a matter of whether the dog lives or dies.

I hope you managed to find a vet.

andreac wrote: »
    Theres no such thing as a Parvo treatment kit? :confused:

You need to get your dog to a vets asap, Parvo is very serious and if its not caught in time it could be a matter of whether the dog lives or dies.

I hope you managed to find a vet.

pup is fine, didnt get a call back from the vet at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

If your pup is fine and you didn't get him to a vet then I doubt he had parvo.

Glad to hear he's ok.

Whispered wrote: »
    If your pup is fine and you didn't get him to a vet then I doubt he had parvo.

Glad to hear he's ok.

LOL ok well pup has parvo, just caught it in time, i did get him to a vet! just not one of the limerick ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

caspa307 wrote: »
    LOL ok well pup has parvo, just caught it in time, i did get him to a vet! just not one of the limerick ones

Delighted to hear he's pulling through ok. Don't listen to people who tell you he's gonna be a sickly dog now after having parvo. :) Lucky pup!

Advertisement