Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Soundbar for use with TV?

Options
  • 20-05-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a source (preferably in Cork) for a good sound-bar, in particular the Sharp 2.1 or Sharp HTSB520 models which are reasonably-priced in the UK and seem to get a lot of positive press?

More generally, I have a UPC MMDS set-top box feeding a Samsung 5003 flat-screen TV via SCART. I also have a DVD recorder also connected via the box using SCART. I'd like the sound-bar to get its audio from the UPC box (phono outputs) or - failing that - via the headphone output on the TV.

Thanks - JB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Buy it from Amazon UK, for that type of kit they typically ship free to ROI. The price will change from UK incl. VAT (20%) to IE incl. VAT (23%) so be prepared for the original sterling price to increase by 2.5% when you go to checkout and say you live in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

coylemj wrote: »
    Buy it from Amazon UK, for that type of kit they typically ship free to ROI. The price will change from UK incl. VAT (20%) to IE incl. VAT (23%) so be prepared for the original sterling price to increase by 2.5% when you go to checkout and say you live in Ireland.

Appreciate the steer on this....

JB

Advertisement