Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting- Incomplete Records 2009 Q

• 20-05-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

On 1/8/2008 Fuller borrowed €120,000 which, together with €30,000 of Fuller’s personal funds,

was used to purchase an adjoining premises. It was agreed that the sum borrowed would berepaid in 20 equal half-yearly instalments. The first instalment becomes due on 1/2/2009.Interest was to be charged at the rate of 6% per annum to be paid monthly at the end of eachmonth

Im in serious need of help. I can work out the interest for the year but i cant figure out how to calculate the loan instalments.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

bobjimmy wrote: »
    On 1/8/2008 Fuller borrowed €120,000 which, together with €30,000 of Fuller’s personal funds,

was used to purchase an adjoining premises. It was agreed that the sum borrowed would berepaid in 20 equal half-yearly instalments. The first instalment becomes due on 1/2/2009.Interest was to be charged at the rate of 6% per annum to be paid monthly at the end of eachmonth

Im in serious need of help. I can work out the interest for the year but i cant figure out how to calculate the loan instalments.

It's quite simple actually, 120,000/20 = 6000. There are two in the coming year, so 12,000 as Loan Installments due in the Creditors: amounts falling due within 1 Yr, and a Loan of 108000 in the Financed By section.

Your probably know how to deal with everything else - debit buildings 150,000 and credit capital 30,000.
    Loan interest: 120000*6%*5/12

Think thats right :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Thanks a million. Ha thats a bit embarising i didnt realise it was that simple

Advertisement