Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Follow Thread Button

Options
  • 20-05-2012 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭

I read one page of this Thread last night and clicked the "Follow Thread" button to read the rest later but when I clicked into it using firstnew.gif I'm landing on pg5 instead of first post pg2.

This always happens when I follow a Thread that has multiple pages, is that how it's suppose to work or...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

This isn't a bug, your expectation is different from what actually happens.

When you visit a thread, we record the time of your visit to that thread. The button links to the first post in that thread made after you last viewed the thread. We don't have a way to detect you only read up to X post and go from there and for various reasons it wouldn't work all that great if we did. Instead we assume if you've viewed a thread you've read it all up to the time of the viewing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement