Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rossi beats Stoner in Le-Man MotoGP

• 20-05-2012 2:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Rossi is back (at least for now).

He used all his experience and race craft to beat Stoner in todays cery wet Le Mans MotoGP race.

Lorenzo came in 1st after domminating from the 1st corner.

Stoner was in a race with Perdosa and Rossi for most of the race.

Rossi got the better of them both and he pulled off some spectacular overtakes to claim a brilliant 2nd place.

What an epic Moto GP race indeed.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Really enjoyed the last 10 or 12 laps. Whatever they spiked Rossi's sports drink with before the race it seems to have worked. It was like watching Rossi of 2008. Can't wait to see if it transfers to a dry race for him. Really hope this is the boost he needs to get his mojo back.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Perhaps a big psychological boost for Rossi after Stoner announced his retirement?

He's said from the start of the season that his bike performs better in the rain, and I think that Stoner announcing his retirement has given Rossi the push to try harder for Ducati, since he has announced a further 2 more years that he hopes to be racing for.

Stoner's retirement plans will affect all of the riders, because it opens up the whole competition. I'd say Stoner enjoyed that race loads too, because honestly it must be boring to lead a parade around different tracks all year.

Anyways, great to see him back on form, and if thats how the season is set to continue then all the better. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Rossi was seen after the race talking to the Honda main man/big chief in the paddock area.

What would the odds be,on Rossi going back to Honda,after showing the world today that he still has the skill and race craft too.

Rossi did commit in his own press conference,to 2 more years in MotoGP but he hasnt comitted to Ducati (yet).

Rossi/Number 46 back on a Factory Honda for 2013..........Now I wonder??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

If nothing else, it shows that the problem is the bike and not him. Absolutely stonking race!! He still has it! COME ONE VALE!! :D

If Rossi wants a 10th title,then Im sorry,but he has to leave Ducati and go for a race wining team and bike package.

If Ducati had have listened to Rossi from the very word go,then maybe the Ducati bike would be a good overall bike.

But Ducati ignored Rossi and Jerry Burgess and both their amazing bike development skills.

Ducati have no one to blame but themselves.

Rossi is a genius on a bike.Jerry Burgess is a wizzard too.(look what did with Yamaha and the Yamaha M1)

But you cant do much with the bike,if the Ducati senior management blatantly ignore you,interfere alot and wont let you develop the bike propperly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

paddy147 wrote: »
    Stoner was in a race with Perdosa and Rossi for most of the race.
    We didn't see the same race then... :confused:

Pedrosa was nowhere near the top 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,412 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pipz wrote: »
    Perhaps a big psychological boost for Rossi after Stoner announced his retirement?

Don't think so to be honest, they have a whole new bike with a completely different design concept and frame for this year, it was bound to need track time to get a handle on how to set it up (and unfortunately they've had a test cancelled due to weather and another one curtailed) so it seems to me it's just getting more out of the bike setup wise.
    He's said from the start of the season that his bike performs better in the rain

With the problems he had last year and in Qatar, it would be hard to be confident in the rain. There does seem to be a geniune improvement in the bike. But a chassis has an easier time in the rain. Less grip means no carbon brakes, softer engine map, softer suspension, so all the forces acting on the bike are less compared to the dry. Let's see how he goes next time out (hopefully dry, and dry all weekend so everyone gets plenty of track time with the same weather as the race.)
    and I think that Stoner announcing his retirement has given Rossi the push to try harder for Ducati, since he has announced a further 2 more years that he hopes to be racing for.

Not necessarily 2 years more with Ducati though. Now he's happier on the bike he has a very strong incentive to do as well as possible in the middle part of the season when deals are being negotiated.

Scrap the cap!

Pedrosa was nowhere near the top 4!

At the moment, Pedrosa and Spies are in the relegation zone...

Scrap the cap!

Spies is disappointing to say the least and Pedrosa, I never thought he had the talent to be considered an "alien". Sure he's fast on a clear track but he doesn't have the fighting spirit that wins races. Oh and he looks like a right little c*nt with a bad attitude and 0 personality...

Oh and he looks like a right little c*nt with a bad attitude and 0 personality...

Show me a spanish person who isnt??:D:pac:

• Advertisement

Show me a spanish person who isnt??:D:pac:

Aye, look at Lorenzo FFS!!!! :rolleyes: :pac:

father-ted-racist1.jpg

250px-Are_you_right_there_father_ted.jpg

rightthere.jpeg

Scrap the cap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

If Rossi goes back to Honda next season my blade is getting traded in for a 2013 Rossi rep blade :D

KamiKazi wrote: »
    If Rossi goes back to Honda next season my blade is getting traded in for a 2013 Rossi rep blade :D
    I wish! But it was a nasty divorce...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

If Rossi wants a 10th title,then Im sorry,but he has to leave Ducati and go for a race wining team and bike package.

If Ducati had have listened to Rossi from the very word go,then maybe the Ducati bike would be a good overall bike.

But Ducati ignored Rossi and Jerry Burgess and both their amazing bike development skills.

Ducati have no one to blame but themselves.

Rossi is a genius on a bike.Jerry Burgess is a wizzard too.(look what did with Yamaha and the Yamaha M1)

But you cant do much with the bike,if the Ducati senior management blatantly ignore you,interfere alot and wont let you develop the bike propperly.

Funny how Stoner was able to win on the Ducati! I'd say Jeremy and Rossi have had to eat some humble pie now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Funny how Stoner was able to win on the Ducati! I'd say Jeremy and Rossi have had to eat some humble pie now :D

A Ducati.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    A Ducati.

Aye, twas a completely different bike/set-up! I wish people would get this already!!!!

Advertisement