Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matador Tyres

• 20-05-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭

On my last car my mechanic put these on when I needed tyres. I was at first a bit nervous. Elite 44 I think they were called. Didn't turn out to be a set of ditch finders. I'm considering buying a new car and grand you might say why is he worried about tyres. I've been pottering around looking at tyres online and the average cost of em is in and around 100 quid a tyre. These Matadors seem to have a decent tyre in the right size so when the time comes to buy tyres just wondering what sort of rep they have. Usually I buy Continentals, but if these are as good and a bit cheaper why not? That said I don't want to put a set of Teflons on my car. :)

SD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What youd pay for matadors locally you'd probably get regular branded stuff online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭StudentDad

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What youd pay for matadors locally you'd probably get regular branded stuff online.

Oh ok, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

hi I just had a new set of matadors fitted on my car bmw and I'm very happy with them . wasn't too sure at first but the owner of the garage told me they are a great tyre and told me to go home and google them for reviews before i buy them . googled them and they have fantastic reviews , guy said he would put them on his own car . got a set of 18's for 450 .

name of the tyre is mp46 hectorra 2 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Matador, like Barum and Sava etc are economy brands but they are European made(albeit eastern Europe) and are produced and tested(unlike most of the Chinese brands) as meeting European standards so they would be much better then the Chinese stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

Matador, like Barum and Sava etc are economy brands but they are European made(albeit eastern Europe) and are produced and tested(unlike most of the Chinese brands) as meeting European standards so they would be much better then the Chinese stuff.

yes mine are "made in France ", better than triangles any day:D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Ill bump this instead of making a new thread. Need tyres for my new alloys and struggling to find decent part worns in 255 so im looking at new tyres.

After doing some research the matadors seem to be manafactured by Continental and get excellent reviews

Camskill only have the 225s but I need 255s for the rear. Anyone know anywhere that stocks these in and around Dublin or the South East?

Advertisement