Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please need to know a number

Options
  • 20-05-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys
    new here but really need some help for past few months have been recieving texts from a number who claims to know me but never gives enough info for me to know. I want it to stop its not serious enough to contact authorities but is very annoying i want to know who owns the number can someone help please???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nottoofussy

Also they ring and hang up and if i ring on private number they won't answer, what
    can I do??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What network and phone do you use?

You can have the network block numbers but just O2 and Vodafone offer it.

Otherwise you can get an app to restrict certain numbers. Depends on phone model though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Given that the person knows your number, have you tried calling them from your phone with the number unblocked? You could get a male friend with an authoritative voice to do this and tell the other party to cease and desist. You could also try calling them from the phone of a friend but that carries the risk that your friend will then become the subject of the minor form of harassment you are encountering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Or get a free sim from any of the networks that supply them & put minimum credit on it. Make the call showing the no as mj as advised.Then take out the new sim. They will then have a duff no to reply to, if you can manage to get their no blocked from your own main no.

Advertisement