Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android to Apple.

• 20-05-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Hope some people can help answer a few questions i have,first of all i have no idea about any apple products,anything i have is android this includes a Samsung tablet,HTC phone and Google TV box.

My son has special needs and is starting school soon and any of the services he goes to they all use the i pad and i have found that the range of apps for special needs is a lot better on the i pad,i know that there a few on the android platform but the build quality is very poor and also the range of accessories is better for the i pad.
    So i am planing to change all my android gear over to apple products and to be honest i don't know where to start.

A few questions i have are...can i use two i phones off the one i tunes account? What is the most robust case i can get,one that would cover the screen while in use would be handy because it will get a fair bit of heavy use.
    Has anyone here swapped over to apple from android and was it hard to get used to.
    Also anybody have any experiences of using the i pad with a child with special needs.
    Sorry for the long post but any help or recommendations would be a great help.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Yes, you can use 2 iPhones on the one iTunes account.
    The case for the iPhone that gets most praise seems to be the Otterbox Defender. Don't have one myself, but do a search and you should find plenty of stories about them.
    You shouldn't really need to cover the screen, seems wrong, especially with the new display. I think its fair to say that 99% of iPads get heavy use:D, its hard to put the little bugger down.:pac:
    I haven't changed over, but I have used an Android briefly, and all I ever hear is that its more customisable, and widgets.
    Again, use the search facility on here, as someone posted a while back about their special needs child using the iPad, which I remember being pretty positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

whiterebel wrote: »
    Yes, you can use 2 iPhones on the one iTunes account.
    The case for the iPhone that gets most praise seems to be the Otterbox Defender. Don't have one myself, but do a search and you should find plenty of stories about them.
    You shouldn't really need to cover the screen, seems wrong, especially with the new display. I think its fair to say that 99% of iPads get heavy use:D, its hard to put the little bugger down.:pac:
    I haven't changed over, but I have used an Android briefly, and all I ever hear is that its more customisable, and widgets.
    Again, use the search facility on here, as someone posted a while back about their special needs child using the iPad, which I remember being pretty positive.
    I have the otterbox commuter for average use on iPhone in the building trade, its a very robust back and raised edge on front

The Otterbox defender for heavier use again I believe

The Griffin survivor case for iPad is almost bulletproof have seen my 2 1/2 yr old standing on mine,

I also have a jailbroken atv2 and a buffalo linkstation as my nas, it streams to the atv through xbmc and to the iPad through the 8player app
    Good luck with changeover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I second the Griffen survivor for iPad. It's expensive and a little heavy but brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Thanks for the reply's,i have just looked at that Griffin survivor case for iPad on you tube and its seems to fit with what i would be looking for.I am picking up my 4s this evening and it will take me a few days to get used to ios. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Good luck with iOS. I'm sure everyone here will be more than happy to help you with any questions you might have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I second the Griffen survivor for iPad. It's expensive and a little heavy but brilliant.

That thing looks like it can stop a bullet.

I'm thinking about moving to iOS, i have a Galaxy Nexus so i won't be replacing that anytime soon.

Maybe the iPhone 5 will tempt to the Dark Side, or away from the Dark Side :P

I have an ipad 3 and find it really annoying having to pay for apps again.:(

Kenno90 wrote: »
    That thing looks like it can stop a bullet.

I'm thinking about moving to iOS, i have a Galaxy Nexus so i won't be replacing that anytime soon.

Maybe the iPhone 5 will tempt to the Dark Side, or away from the Dark Side :P

I have an ipad 3 and find it really annoying having to pay for apps again.:(
    I will let you know how i get on:)

Well picked up the iphone last night,and all going good it was a lot easier to set than i would have taught the two things i miss so far are my widgets and the notefaction light but i am impressed with how smooth the phone is no lag or force close yet.

I had a bit of hassel while trying to put my music on the phone,i tunes could not find any of my music but a quick trip to you tube sorted that out and i now have it working.Also not as many free apps but the apps do seem to have a better build quality.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

harr wrote: »
    Well picked up the iphone last night,and all going good it was a lot easier to set than i would have taught the two things i miss so far are my widgets and the notefaction light but i am impressed with how smooth the phone is no lag or force close yet.

I had a bit of hassel while trying to put my music on the phone,i tunes could not find any of my music but a quick trip to you tube sorted that out and i now have it working.Also not as many free apps but the apps do seem to have a better build quality.

Here is your fountain of knowledge.....http://www.apple.com/support/[/URL
    Enjoy the iPhone, and the iPad if you get it.

Advertisement