Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump on Withers

Options
  • 20-05-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi everyone i would be very grateful if i could get some opionins os a lump i have found on my mare's withers. it has grown from small round lump into larger lump on one side of her withers . it doesnt seem to hurt her i have pressed it squeezed it brushed over it and no reaction. at first i thought she had possibly just rolled on a stone but now it is grown.
    to be honest dont think it is saddle problem as has been out of work for few months apart from light lunging.

any help would be grateful .
    i have been recomended to soak it in warm water to see it will soften incase of a torn in there .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

We can't really give medical advice on boards so you would best get the vet. Even if we could, there wouldn't be much we could know from Boards without actually seeing it and feeling it. It really could be anything from a tumor to just a fluid buildup.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ramblingroisin

i was just hoping someone might have seen d same thing. i do know ill have to get vet to have a look at it. boards is a great way to get some knowledge from other people !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thedvg

its hard to be sure but had a very similar issue with my mare about two years ago. it ended up being a cyst and she had a small operation to remove it. like that it started small then grew to one side of her whither and gave no pain reaction when pressing etc. but you really would need to get a vet up because there was a number of issues it could be.

Advertisement