Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC mostly down for anyone else? [Limerick][crippling]

• 20-05-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

My connection is absolutely trash at the moment. its taking minutes to load google's homepage.

1961777202.png

on the 100mb package.

VPN is getting 0.11mbps down and 0.08 up so the issue must lie with UPC.:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

is that a wireless test? u may need to switch channel, if not you should contact UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

30Mb connection tested with ethernet, Limerick

1961814294.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

In Limerick.

1961822841.png

I Would get onto UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

with ethernet:

1961832709.png

on wireless:

1961830801.png

ill scan my ports as soon as i can get inSSIDer to download... :(

and a channel scan:

205751.jpg

looks like im all clear.

and there arent any updated drivers to my wireless card.

aarg.

Getting on to UPC isnt going to achieve much cause my ethernet seems to be doing much better than wireless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    with ethernet:

1961832709.png

on wireless:

1961830801.png

ill scan my ports as soon as i can get inSSIDer to download... :(

Why are you testing against a server in Manchester?

Anyway regarding the wireless channel. Just because inssider doesn't show any wireless networks overlapping your channel doesn't mean that another device such as a cordless telephone or baby monitor are not causing interference in that range.
    inssider will only display wireless networks.

Thanks for the reply.

I only used Manchester cause that's where i usually get my fastest results :o

tested again after some reboots with dublin:

wired:

1961872727.png

wireless:

1961873171.png

There aren't any wireless phones in the house, and I know that my neighbours don't have any kids at all so no baby monitors anyway. What else would produce interference?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mbitter

Was your Wireless always this bad? There could be couple of reasons why your wireless is so bad.

A microwave can be the cause. Or a girder in your walls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    What else would produce interference?

It's not necessarily interference. Distance, poor quality router or receivers, building materials, etc, can cause Wifi issues.

Also don't rely on speed test sites, do an actual speed check on a download of a large file from a host with plenty of bandwidth, Heanet's mirror site for example. Use a download manager with multiple connections to maximise speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

check see what speed your network card is getting first if its g should be 54mbs, if its n single modm 117 and n dual mode 144mbs if they are ok try test another lapto wifi see what gets could be anything causing slow wifi speeds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement