Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saha/pienaar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I don't understand football fans. Everyone is on saying that the likes of Terry would never post what the two lads did. True, but he's hardly the role model off the pitch I'd be looking for. We aren't in the CL because we finished fourth when third was for the taking. I'm as gutted as anyone, but look at Twitter and see Munster players congratulating Leinster and think, who's a better role model, JT or the likes of Paul O Connell. At least Terry had the honesty to admit the goal in the semi never was.
    I love my football, and have been a Spurs supporter since 1972, when I was 6. I've little idea why, but I think it was Pat Jennings tbh. However, I also love GAA and rugby, and I have to say the attitude among soccer supporters stinks. Blaming or begrudgung Chelsea is loser mentality. We're out because we left ourselves exposed to the risk of being supplanted by CL winners. It could have been worse. Imagine if Chelsea finished third and Arsenal won the CL on Saturday night. That would have been a real disaster.
    Chelsea were lucky, and limited to the point of being negative, but they were heroic ever since the Napoli home game. I just hope that Spurs have the same mentality someday. Gallas turning his arse to a forty yard shot at Villa proved to be the final nail in our CL coffin, along with HR leaving Defoe in the dugout when a goal left things in our own hands.
    If Dawson had been there he would have took it in the face. His injury took some of the heart and balls out of the team. We need players willing to kill or die for the lilywhite shirt. It's not what our players say, it's what they do.
    Come on lads. Let's man up and accept what has happened. Pienaar and Saha showed class/naivety/whatever. It doesn't matter as long as they, or any other Spurs player gives it on the pitch every day they go out. The last time Spurs fans got so outraged was when Ghaly threw his shirt down. He was stupid, but I remember him playing on with his front teeth stuck in the pitch at Portsmouth. They were retrieved at half time. Compare that to Modric's behaviour at the start of the season. I know which I consider most disrespectful, but I was still delighted when he stayed and played his little legs off until Harry ran him into the ground.
    Sorry. Rant over. I just wish football fans had a little less hatred in their hearts. Abramovic would probably have bought Tottenham if Jesper Gronjaer hadn't fired Chelsea into the CL in the last game of 2003-4. We might feel differently about Russian oligarchs and bought trophies then.
    Congratulations Chelsea, and Arsenal, and I hope we beat the crap out of them next year, with 11 players who want it more than their opponents.
    rant properly over.

No offence but I could not give a crap about Munster, egg chasing or any other sport to be honest, I do see where you are coming from but to be honest I will never say well done Chelsea as I have disliked them for a long time and they have some unsavoury characters amongst their playing staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I don't understand football fans. Everyone is on saying that the likes of Terry would never post what the two lads did. True, but he's hardly the role model off the pitch I'd be looking for. We aren't in the CL because we finished fourth when third was for the taking. I'm as gutted as anyone, but look at Twitter and see Munster players congratulating Leinster and think, who's a better role model, JT or the likes of Paul O Connell. At least Terry had the honesty to admit the goal in the semi never was.
    I love my football, and have been a Spurs supporter since 1972, when I was 6. I've little idea why, but I think it was Pat Jennings tbh. However, I also love GAA and rugby, and I have to say the attitude among soccer supporters stinks. Blaming or begrudgung Chelsea is loser mentality. We're out because we left ourselves exposed to the risk of being supplanted by CL winners. It could have been worse. Imagine if Chelsea finished third and Arsenal won the CL on Saturday night. That would have been a real disaster.
    Chelsea were lucky, and limited to the point of being negative, but they were heroic ever since the Napoli home game. I just hope that Spurs have the same mentality someday. Gallas turning his arse to a forty yard shot at Villa proved to be the final nail in our CL coffin, along with HR leaving Defoe in the dugout when a goal left things in our own hands.
    If Dawson had been there he would have took it in the face. His injury took some of the heart and balls out of the team. We need players willing to kill or die for the lilywhite shirt. It's not what our players say, it's what they do.
    Come on lads. Let's man up and accept what has happened. Pienaar and Saha showed class/naivety/whatever. It doesn't matter as long as they, or any other Spurs player gives it on the pitch every day they go out. The last time Spurs fans got so outraged was when Ghaly threw his shirt down. He was stupid, but I remember him playing on with his front teeth stuck in the pitch at Portsmouth. They were retrieved at half time. Compare that to Modric's behaviour at the start of the season. I know which I consider most disrespectful, but I was still delighted when he stayed and played his little legs off until Harry ran him into the ground.
    Sorry. Rant over. I just wish football fans had a little less hatred in their hearts. Abramovic would probably have bought Tottenham if Jesper Gronjaer hadn't fired Chelsea into the CL in the last game of 2003-4. We might feel differently about Russian oligarchs and bought trophies then.
    Congratulations Chelsea, and Arsenal, and I hope we beat the crap out of them next year, with 11 players who want it more than their opponents.
    rant properly over.

Firstly, comparing us, to Munster/Leinster is laughable, maybe you feel it's a good comparison, which is fair enough, everyone to there own.

You have supported us since 72, longer than me, so surely you understand the rivalry and hatred to a certain extent between the 2 clubs no ?

Oh lets be like Chelsea and have their spirit, eh no thanks, we are Tottenham, I'd rather worry about my own club than spend time back slapping our arch rivals.

Anyway, probably going off topic now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

After we beat Chelsea in the Carling cup a few years ago John Terry was been interviewed after the game,he said something like this,'we played badly today,but even playing badly we should still have beaten Tottenham' It was a put down that I will never forgive him for.And he wasn't congratulating us on our win that day either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Pienaar is unlikely to ever be a Spurs player again and never had a happy time here. Why would he have any affection towards the club? He hasn't shown any lack of respect to the club or its fans by congratulating Chelsea.

Saha has only been with us a few months and his future is up in the air. He congratulated a winning team. Big swing.

Lets hold the linch mob back for now.

rant properly over.

Bravo my friend, very well said.

I don't think the rugby/football comparison is laughable at all. I like both games but I think football is better. But when you watch them both in one day you really start to notice how much honour and integrity there is in rugby. Real men. And then football is full of diving and cheating and moaning.

It's messed up that people get angry at our players congratulating a winning team. How dare our players be gracious in defeat. They should be banned for life for that sort of behaviour. I hope that they will be forced to go on twitter to say that they regret their disgusting display of good sportsmanship and promise to bitch and moan about their opponents from now on.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »
    . I hope that they will be forced to go on twitter to say that they regret their disgusting display of good sportsmanship and promise to bitch and moan about their opponents from now on.

I completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^ I agree. I thought wendell made a very good point.

I guess it just felt like our own players where rubbing salt in the wounds.

On a slighlty different topic, has HR or Levy or anyone come out with direct comments about the fact that we are no longer in the CL draw. I though HR would have been cap in hand to the press with a 'woe is me' story by now but I havent seen any direct quotes to date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

On a slighlty different topic, has HR or Levy or anyone come out with direct comments about the fact that we are no longer in the CL draw. I though HR would have been cap in hand to the press with a 'woe is me' story by now but I havent seen any direct quotes to date

Harry is too busy asking Rosie to remember the account number so he can have some spending money for his holidays :-D

gar wrote: »
    Harry is too busy asking Rosie to remember the account number so he can have some spending money for his holidays :-D

Now Now Gar, that's not nice..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hardly a word said by Harry or the Club since Saturday nights events,I'm wondering are they planning a court case against UEFA,they're keeping very quite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

^^^ my thoughts exactly. If there was a sniff of a chance then Levy will be all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Kyle Walker only favoured Bayern 'a little'...... Unbelievable! Should we call for his head too or is he too good to give out about? :)

The defender admitted he had mixed emotions as he watched the Champions League final last Saturday. “I had mixed emotions as I know Ryan Bertrand, he was making his debut and Chelsea are an English team, but I want to test myself at the highest level so I favoured Bayern a little."

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/tottenham_star_issues_plea_to_chairman_1_1389133

Kyle Walker only favoured Bayern 'a little'...... Unbelievable! Should we call for his head too or is he too good to give out about? :)

The defender admitted he had mixed emotions as he watched the Champions League final last Saturday. “I had mixed emotions as I know Ryan Bertrand, he was making his debut and Chelsea are an English team, but I want to test myself at the highest level so I favoured Bayern a little."

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/tottenham_star_issues_plea_to_chairman_1_1389133

haha, Kyle isn't the sharpest is he

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Saha has been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

golfball37 wrote: »
    Saha has been released.

for too much social media yap?

gar wrote: »
    for too much social media yap?

I would guess more for being old and injury prone.

Advertisement