Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friends with a friends ex?

• 20-05-2012 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the confusing title! A friend of mine has being going out with a girl for a while and some other friends of our saw her cheating on him several times. She wants to meet him for "a chat" but she still wants to be friends with all of us. In particular she tries to talk to me a lot. When they break up should I continue to be friends with her or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

how do you know she was not cheating on someone else with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Do you want to be friends with her?

If you do, well then be her friend!

If you don't, well then don't be friends with her!

If you're confused just consider where your loyalties are, with your friend or his cheating ex!

Not really that difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Sorry for the confusing title! A friend of mine has being going out with a girl for a while and some other friends of our saw her cheating on him several times. She wants to meet him for "a chat" but she still wants to be friends with all of us. In particular she tries to talk to me a lot. When they break up should I continue to be friends with her or what?

Depends on how good of a friend you are to him????
    Did you know her beforehand ?? If not. Bros before woes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Good point I dont!

Depends on how good of a friend you are to him????
    Did you know her beforehand ?? If not. Bros before woes

Is that not Bros before hoes?

(although woes fits the bill too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Do you want to be friends with her?

If you do, well then be her friend!

If you don't, well then don't be friends with her!

If you're confused just consider where your loyalties are, with your friend or his cheating ex!

Not really that difficult!

Well I did enjoy her company but Im not fond of her as a person after the cheating thing. I think bros before hoes will win out in this case!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Have you heard of the smelly finger test?

Well I did enjoy her company but Im not fond of her as a person after the cheating thing. I think bros before hoes will win out in this case!

You've quiet possibly answered your own question!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i was in a remarkably similar situation. my mates gf at the time cheated on him and wanted to stay a part of the group. we didnt let her. i will always look out for my friends and if someone is willing to hurt one of my friends like she did then she doesn't deserve our friendship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This brings me back to when I was doing my junior cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Distance is a pretty good tool, use it wisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Bros before hoes :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Two friends of mine, a lad and a girl, recently broke up after 2 years or something going out.

Without sounding callous, pick one. You can't stay friends with both without it getting messy and getting grief from both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Its up to you I think!

I've had friends who made me cut their exes out of my life because of loyalty or some bull like that. Worse was one of my friends who was cheating on her guy for ages, he was just lovely, but sure I couldn't really betray my friend. It was horrible :(

But then it was all fine for them to stay friends with my exes cause I never expressly forbid it ¬_¬

Rant over: I hate girls.

Its really your decision, if your friend sat you down and had an honest discussion to say he wasn't comfortable with it then I would listen. But if you want to be her friend and no harm comes of it, sure why not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

brummytom wrote: »
    Two friends of mine, a lad and a girl, recently broke up after 2 years or something going out.

Without sounding callous, pick one. You can't stay friends with both without it getting messy and getting grief from both sides.

Indeed, perhaps a 15 minute interview with each to allow then to put their case forward would be fair.

And then pick the girl, even if there's just a 0.0001% chance of sex. Its still a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

do you really want to be friends or more than friends with a cheater?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

One of my favourite posts pins down my stance.
    "Bros before hos man, bros before hos." - Martin Luther King Jr.

You're not going to argue with Mr King are you, you filthy racist?

Source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You are waiting for them to break up so you can move in on her. Go for it.
    Your friend might be pissed with you for awhile but he will get over it. Young love is so cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

It never works out, people expect you to take sides or they will both use you as a source of information about what the other is getting up to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Going to jump to a massive conclusion and answer the 'real' question of...

How long should I wait to bang my friends ex?

Answer: If you care about your friend, don't bang her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

OP..... do her and dump her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Why would you want to be friends with her when she cheated on your friend?

I'd say bros before hoes but that's a stupid, unoriginal thing to say so I won't say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Rhyme wrote: »
    Distance is a pretty good tool, use it wisely.

You call your penis "Distance"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

FatherLen wrote: »
    i was in a remarkably similar situation. my mates gf at the time cheated on him and wanted to stay a part of the group. we didnt let her. i will always look out for my friends and if someone is willing to hurt one of my friends like she did then she doesn't deserve our friendship.

Father len???
    did she report ye or just stopped going to mass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Never stayed friends with any of my exes, once its over thats it, all traces of the relationship and contact are removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Amazing how many people don't comment on the original post because they love to post about themselves, though no one cares.

I wouldn't want to friends with someone who had really screwed over a good friend of mine. Talking to someone is one thing and there is nothing wrong with listening to their point of view, especially not if their reputation was down to some others' random account of their infidelity though. Use your brains people...

Advertisement