Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is there a Motion Sensor in my bin shed???

Options
  • 20-05-2012 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

i moved into a new aparment last week and when i was puttin my bins into
    the bin building i spotted a Motion Sensor on the roof??

so why would they have a motion sensor in a bin shed??
    only reason i want to know is because its dooin my head in :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

To stop me putting my weighty rubbish in your bin so that you can pay for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The irish masher

O and i ment to say i dont think its for the lights because they are always on :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭The irish masher

spurious wrote: »
    To stop me putting my weighty rubbish in your bin so that you can pay for it?

but how would a motion sensor stop you?

i also ment to say the building has a lock and everybody in the complex
    has a key for it, and you are aloud to put as much rubbish into it as you like

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

It's mostly likely put there so that the lights can come on in the evening. It's prob not set right or is dirty and thus the lights stay on. Along my apartment building each entrance has a light with a sensor attached to it for the evenings. Half of them are on permanently because the senors are faulty / dirty / crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

it might be a simple photocell, that does not detect movement, just if its dark, so when its dark your lights come on, and when its bright they switch off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement