Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Konad Nail Art?

• 20-05-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭

I've only heard about this recently and I want!! I have a few beginner questions though...
    Is it enough to just buy the stamp, scraper and plates?
    I found the stamp & scraper together for €6 on ebay and Bundle Monster do a set of 25 plates for much cheaper than Konad plates. I realise there's probably a quality difference but for beginning I'm willing to try the cheaper option.
    As for nail polishes...
    Do I use a standard nail polish underneath and the art polish for the design then my clear top coat? I'm a bit lost, I don't want to buy expensive ones now, maybe when I'm more into it & when I know what I'm looking for. My track record with nail polish is awful too, I must store them wrong because they all clump. I'd generally buy the avon ones.

Any tips for a beginner on this subject are welcome!! I feel lost, I just want deadly nails :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

buy a beginner set with scraper polish and stamper. You can use other polishes with it but really you have t get a feel for the polishes you have in your collection as to whether they work or not but the konad black and white are good to have. As for bundle monster the 25 plate set is a really good set to have. there are other konad dupes out there like angel plates and mash but I have both of the bundle monster sets the 21 piece and 25 piece. there were problems with the 21 picece set where the full nail stamps weren't big enough to cover a full nail and the quality of some of the stamps weren't good due to the depth of the stamps being uneven but the 25 piece set had rectified all that si i would say go for that.

Advertisement