Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of installing a deck

• 20-05-2012 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I am thinking of installing a small dack out my back garden measuring 10ft x 14ft on top of existing slabs. Its very basic and there will be no rail etcs. Has anyone an idea of much I am talking for materiels if I was to install myself? Or what would a reasonable price to pay to get a professional in to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Its a good size to do it yourself as you can get 14ft deckboard lengths so no cutting - roughly €8 a pop - you would need about 20 if going longways - €160

Allow another €70 max for timber (4 x 2) for joists and deck screws and I would say you could comfortably do the job for €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chopper53

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Its a good size to do it yourself as you can get 14ft deckboard lengths so no cutting - roughly €8 a pop - you would need about 20 if going longways - €160

Allow another €70 max for timber (4 x 2) for joists and deck screws and I would say you could comfortably do the job for €250.

Thanks Tom. I think Ill give it a go!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

lot of builder and timber yards do packages( boards, joices and screws) on different size decks, can vary in price allot so ring around and haggle

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

abs do a pack of 16 x 16 with joists and screws for 429
    Ive been prcing for a few weeks now and thats the cheapest ive found

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

abs do a pack of 16 x 16 with joists and screws for 429
    Ive been prcing for a few weeks now and thats the cheapest ive found

I would hope that price includes hand&base rails along with spindles and newel posts. Otherwise, it's a ripoff. Good advice given earlier. 250 all in is more than doable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

yeah you could do better than that in a few places with 15min of abs

Advertisement