Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foley Work

• 20-05-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Any advice would be very welcome. I've shot a short film that needs a lot of sound work. There's no dialogue, but there was so much noise interference at the location that we just turned off the mics.

We weren't funded, and we're as broke as everybody else, but I'm reluctant to ask anyone to do it for nothing. I can probably get a few quid together to pay for the work, but I have no idea how much that would cost or where to start.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

How long is the film?

Are you basically talking about building the sound design totally from scratch? Do you have any atmos at all recorded?

If you go to a sound studio I'd say you'll talking about a lot of money. You might find some up and coming freelancer that might do it for a reduced fee though if they wanted the challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    How long is the film?

Are you basically talking about building the sound design totally from scratch? Do you have any atmos at all recorded?

If you go to a sound studio I'd say you'll talking about a lot of money. You might find some up and coming freelancer that might do it for a reduced fee though if they wanted the challenge.

It's eight minutes, from silence. The atmos on the day was mainly the sound of next-door's enormous generator.

I think you may be right about finding some up-and-comer, or a sound designer from theatre or music who wants some film experience.

Advertisement