Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help remembering an ad...

• 20-05-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Does anyone remember a TV ad from the 90s featuring Fionn Mac Cumhaill or Cuchulain?

I can't remember what the ad was about, just that the hero blew away some clouds or something like that?

I can't find anything on Google or Youtube so far, does anyone else remember the ad? It's driving me mad! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

if google doesn't know, it doesn't exist

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Surely someone must remember it? I don't think I imagined it... I just wish I remembered more about it. Nearly sure it was Fionn Mac Cumhail and he just blew clouds out of the sky for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

LisaLee wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a TV ad from the 90s featuring Fionn Mac Cumhaill or Cuchulain?

I can't remember what the ad was about, just that the hero blew away some clouds or something like that?

I can't find anything on Google or Youtube so far, does anyone else remember the ad? It's driving me mad! :(

Did it involve the Giant's Causeway? For Norn Iron Electricity or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Was it some Guinness sponsored ad for GAA or Rugby?

It rings a bell...

That's definitely ringing a bell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm getting the word.....'Guinness'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Id hate to be that annoyed at something so....

jes you must have an awfull time in this life all together

get over it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

IM0 wrote: »
    Id hate to be that annoyed at something so....

jes you must have an awfull time in this life all together

get over it ;)

If you think the OP is being over dramatic you should take a look at your own sig ;)

mb1725 wrote: »
    That looks a little familiar! I'd have to see the ad to be sure. the thing that sticks out in my mind is that Fionn Mac Cumhaill blows clouds out of the sky for some reason, not sure if it's got anything to do with hurling.

@IMO, Ah whisht! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement