Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two weeks left O.O HELP

• 20-05-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Is anyone else as nervous as I am for the upcoming exams?? I barely did any study :( It's like I just realised that leaving cert in two weeks away! I am panicking now. Is it still possible for me to do well if i get myself together and study in the little time I have left? :'(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

paaula wrote: »
    Is anyone else as nervous as I am for the upcoming exams?? I barely did any study :( It's like I just realised that leaving cert in two weeks away! I am panicking now. Is it still possible for me to do well if i get myself together and study in the little time I have left? :'(

Depends what you define as "well". If 625, nope.
    Also it is important to consider your previous grades and overall ability in subjects. But two weeks you'll only cover little.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paaula

I need 480 points in my course, I am willing to put in a lot of work for the next two weeks but I cant stop thinking about failing everything which just makes me panic even more :( I got 380 in my mocks but I only did 5 subjects for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

paaula wrote: »
    I need 480 points in my course, I am willing to put in a lot of work for the next two weeks but I cant stop thinking about failing everything which just makes me panic even more :( I got 380 in my mocks but I only did 5 subjects for it.
    480 is a massive amount of points to get if in fact you haven't started studying yet. But if you got 380 in the Mocks it's not impossible. 100 points is quite a lot to jump up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 paaula

I have so much work to do. I just feel like giving up at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I think a lot of us can relate - I know I can anyway. I'm burned out.
    But think about it, its the last 16 days (yes, 16 days) and if you really put your head down you'll thank yourself in August. There's a lot to be said for short term memory, and a bit of cramming never went astray. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cosmic.Postman

For the moment, don't think about the bigger picture. You're just freaking yourself out. You need to break it down, and take it one thing at a time. I know it's hard, but try and just think about doing one thing at a time, be it an essay, exam questions, writing notes or whatever. :) Oh, and always have confidence that you CAN do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Same boat. The first week will be hell for me. If I don't fail english, and manage to get lucky on paper 1 maths and geography, then I should be grand. I have 4 days between my last few exams then! Plenty of cramming time. (I'm not studying for french and irish, so excluding them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

reznov wrote: »
    Depends what you define as "well". If 625, nope.
    Also it is important to consider your previous grades and overall ability in subjects. But two weeks you'll only cover little.

Damn, can't say I'm not hoping for 625 and I've only started really studying in the last week. :L Hoping the ol' semi-photographic memory will kick in once I start really concentrating.

OP, if you're having trouble motivating yourself, try doing past papers and looking up any area you don't know in them. It's the only way that seems to work for me, otherwise I look at the book and get overwhelmed and end up doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

finality wrote: »
    Reznov and the Rezites for 625 2012

...better go study now then.

Can I join the Rezites aswell?

Am I the only one who is getting less and less done before the exams? I used to get a good few hours a day.. now I struggle to get 3 or 4... Just worried for English and Irish essay pretty much... Any tips for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 condaly101

alright lads please help only doing the bare amount of study have four honours hoping for 330 surely possible help :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

condaly101 wrote: »
    alright lads please help only doing the bare amount of study have four honours hoping for 330 surely possible help :'(
    Not sure what you want us to help you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Duffman K

Im in the same boat, really worried,

- Did brilliant in the junior cert,
    - Did TY (became a waster)
    - Came into 5th year didnt do anything,
    - Didnt do much work in 6th year,

paying for it now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Duffman K wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, really worried,

- Did brilliant in the junior cert,
    - Did TY (became a waster)
    - Came into 5th year didnt do anything,
    - Didnt do much work in 6th year,

paying for it now:o

Yeah people say I'm just making excuses but 4th year really ruined 5th year (and therefore 6th) year for me. I'd give up so much to go back in time and skip 4th!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 condaly101

what im saying guys is that i have four hounours did pretty good in the mocks and looking to get 330 points im hoping so bad i get it!

Togepi wrote: »
    reznov wrote: »
    The JC is a worthless exam!

Agreed. I honestly kind of regret sitting the actual exams themselves.

I thought they were fun.

and just to clarify... my junior cert religion teacher said that employers now look at you junior cert results... and she can't lie... she teaches religion loike...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

The JC was great craic. The race to see who could get English done quickest was entertaining

The JC was great craic. The race to see who could get English done quickest was entertaining

I have a thing where I can't leave exams until I'm one of the last if not the last! For the junior cert I was last out in all my exams! Don't forsee any change this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I have a thing where I can't leave exams until I'm one of the last if not the last! For the junior cert I was last out in all my exams! Don't forsee any change this year!

I'm the same, especially for English. I need every last second.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I don't leave. I just glance around with a superior smirk.

Advertisement