Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bloating

• 20-05-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

i`ve a weanling about 10 months old he seems a little bloated what would ye recommend, the vet or a shot of liquid parraffin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Bring him in and try some hay first, start simple, sometimes it's enough to sort it out.
    There was a thread on bloat recently, maybe try the search to see if you can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78503208

Liquid paraffin is good. No harm to give a dose of it to help them pass gas. Yes inside on hay/straw for a while should sort it.

Vet only really needed in an emergency if they are the size of a house and their breathing is laboured/tongue out.

My heifer is back on track again, but to air on the side of caution I'm keeping her off paddocks with clover

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭whymeagain

thanks for that i gave him a shot liquid parrafin he seems to have gone down a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

That's good to hear ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

whymeagain wrote: »
    thanks for that i gave him a shot liquid parrafin he seems to have gone down a bit

when you say give him a shot of parrafin do you mean bottle actual parrafin into him . how much ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭whymeagain

i gave him about 120mls he about 300kgs + , he sound now back to normal i put him with a few cows that were eating silage outside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

cjmc wrote: »
    when you say give him a shot of parrafin do you mean bottle actual parrafin into him . how much ?

Liquid parrafin it is a laxitive not parrafin oil just in case you are getting mixed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Liquid parrafin it is a laxitive not parrafin oil just in case you are getting mixed up

i was:D would giving them ivy to eat do the trick. it seems to get them ''moving'' like a laxative

Advertisement