Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Maths Question About The Syllabus.

• 20-05-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering is stem-and-leaf diagrams still on the syllabus?

Because in 2010 SEC Paper 2, on question 2 part (a) a stem-and-leaf question came up and in the edco exam papers it says '' (Q2 (a) material is no longer on the course.) ''

Someone please help me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

It is still on the course. They're pretty basic also.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Rocket_Man

Yes, stem and leaf's are most certainly still on the course.
    In fact they are new to project maths, they did not exist at all on the old syllabus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Well at a revision course I went to they covered them, and they seemed pretty up-to-date with the syllabus and pointed out things that might be confusing. For example, external division of a line isnt on the syllabus even though most people (including me) had done it in class. I cant see why they wouldnt be but I cant be completely sure, thats quite confusing. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Irish94 wrote: »
    I am just wondering is stem-and-leaf diagrams still on the syllabus?

Because in 2010 SEC Paper 2, on question 2 part (a) a stem-and-leaf question came up and in the edco exam papers it says '' (Q2 (a) material is no longer on the course.) ''

Someone please help me.
    Yeah they're definitely on, and more than likely going to be a good part of a question on the paper because they're new to the syllabus. Maybe you're talking about the Tukey Quick test? I saw that on the papers and it said it was no longer on the course!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

External division of the line IS on the course due to a typo apparently. They've removed it from next year's syllabus though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Yeah they're definitely on, and more than likely going to be a good part of a question on the paper because they're new to the syllabus. Maybe you're talking about the Tukey Quick test? I saw that on the papers and it said it was no longer on the course!

Yeah, the question the OP is talking about has the tukey quick test.

Stem and leaf diagrams are definitely on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

This specific stem-leaf diagram is not on the syllabus was looking at it last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

They are on the syllabus. See section 1.6 on page 19.

As PictureFrame and Finaility said, the reason that part of that question is no longer relevant is because it's about the Tukey quick test, which is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

They are on the syllabus. See section 1.6 on page 19.

As PictureFrame and Finaility said, the reason that part of that question is no longer relevant is because it's about the Tukey quick test, which is gone.

That's what I was referring to :)

Advertisement