Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&E Bill

Options
  • 20-05-2012 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I was in A&E a few months back for urgent treatment , all went OK (It wasn't my local hospital). However when I was ready to go and the doctor gave me the all-clear I left but I didn't discharge myself and I didn't sign anything for the doctor either. This only struck me as I have been waiting for my A&E bill to arrive for over two months and it hasn't so far?

Is this due to me not discharging myself or because they can get delayed? At the time I gave my details to the receptionist she said that the bill would be sent out within a week?

I just wonder as I will be away for the summer and don't want to come back to letters warning me to pay up?

Any help or experience shared would be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

probably down to the hospital.
    did you have a doctors referral letter? in that case there is no charge

you could always give them a call and pay your bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

No I didn't have a referral letter. If I had have been at home I would have went to my GP or Care Doc but as I wasn't and it was rather urgent I went straight to A&E.

Thanks I suppose the best thing is contact them directly, I am just wondering has anyone else had a similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,087 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Do you have a medical card? No charge in that situation either.

I have heard of bills only being processed quarterly in some hospitals, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

As far as I know , If you have no medical card and not referred by a doctor , the charge is €100.

A phone call is best at this stage

Advertisement