Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emergency service??

Options
  • 20-05-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi..

today i fell flat on my ass... i couldnt breath foir a while and could not move.
    i was brought to bed where i now lie.. my bach/hips hurt a lot, i cant roll over and cant get up on my own.

i called aviva nurse on call, she said from a clinical point i shoild visit emergency service.... but where is that? she didnt tell me.

is it covered by aviva policy? i cant afford another big bill atm...

where can i go? i live in leixlip...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Jessica86 wrote: »
    hi..

today i fell flat on my ass... i couldnt breath foir a while and could not move.
    i was brought to bed where i now lie.. my bach/hips hurt a lot, i cant roll over and cant get up on my own.

i called aviva nurse on call, she said from a clinical point i shoild visit emergency service.... but where is that? she didnt tell me.

If you are in pain and can't move, call an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 libertyboy

Jessica86 wrote: »
    hi..

I'd say she meant an Accident and Emergency department where they will be able to check you out properly for any serious injury.Blanchardstown Hospital would be the obvious choice,if you can't make it by yourself call an ambulance.There will be a charge but won't be too expensive,you'll have to check your policy to see if your covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

You should be covered once you are admitted to hospital or a spot in A&E but you'll still be charged €100 by A&E unless you have a doctor's referral note.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Joe Public wrote: »
    You should be covered once you are admitted to hospital or a spot in A&E but you'll still be charged €100 by A&E unless you have a doctor's referral note.
    Call kdoc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

KDoc also costs money if you don't have a medical card, albeit not €100. They'll be able to determine if you need to go to A&E and if so, provide the referral letter which means you won't be charged further.

Not every area is covered though. Get someone to ring your GPs surgery number and it should have details on the message of what out of hours provider they use.

edit: you also won't have to pay for the A&E immediately if you do go direct; and both it and KDoc (and any out of hours service) are free for medical card holders anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jessica86

Hi again.

I decided to not go to the hospitle.. I called blanchardstown and they said it was 8 hours waiting time.. I had no desire to sit there all night... also due to the fact I cant actually sit... not for long anyway.
    So today we have an appointment with our own docter, im taking a taxi to it since i cant drive myself now

I called aviva to check what im covered for... she didnt really give me any info.. only that i have this plan:
    http://www.avivahealth.ie/docs/table_of_cover/Feb2012/business-plan-extra.pdf

so ambulance would not be covered, and i cant find how much it costs... and no matter what i will still have to pay something.,.

its very confusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Really not a topic for this forum.

For coverage, check with your insurance provider. For medical advice, contact the appropriate medical service.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement