Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's next????

Options
  • 20-05-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just woundering what people think right now is a good business to get into, would love to here from you all with regards to
    1, What business,
    2, Why that business
    3, What type of revenue you would expect to turnover yearly

Also are you changing the career your in,

Regards

Mr Bump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr Bump

All
    Would really love to get some feedback on the below
    Mr Bump wrote: »
    Just woundering what people think right now is a good business to get into, would love to here from you all with regards to
    1, What business,
    2, Why that business

Regards

Mr Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

become a government advisor.. just spout out any old bull and your in with a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

With the summer coming dress up as a lepreachuan and charge americans a fiver to have their picture taken with you. Helps if you have two large assets.

Formation, lol!!! very good, thanks for the laugh, :D
    Would really like some serious replies also, if anyone can add value to this please do,
    Formation wrote: »
    With the summer coming dress up as a lepreachuan and charge americans a fiver to have their picture taken with you. Helps if you have two large assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

right now.. I have no idea what is a good business to be in.. lots of businesses are closing down..

I am just keeping my head above water, but if I keep on with the current business that I started over a decade ago (web design), I will sink by next year... the past 2 years have been appalling for income, the worst even in over 10 years..

In my spare time, I have started to make knives, this is something I like doing, it won't make me rich but any income is better than nothing.

• Advertisement

Camperman, thanks for sharing your story, i am in another boat along side you, same problems, i am looking at a full career change, i am just looking for what that might lok like, :confused:
    CamperMan wrote: »
    right now.. I have no idea what is a good business to be in.. lots of businesses are closing down..

right now.. I am just keeping my head above water, but if I keep on with the current business that I started over a decade ago (web design), I will sink by next year... the past 2 years have been appalling for income, the worst even in over 10 years..

In my spare time, I have started to make knives, this is something I like doing, it won't make me rich but any income is better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Hey guy's,
    I am looking for someone Dublin based (I'm in waterford and the business would be Dublin based) to partner a new start-up business that I think could be a easy to start, profitable business.

No Past experience needed but would need to be self motivated and driven to work long hours.
    Very little investment needed and would ideally suit someone unemployed as possible grants available. Private message me with your email address if you are interested and I will get back to you a.s.a.p :D

Would love to hear from more people, more ideas, etc

Regards

Mr Bump

Mr Bump wrote: »
    1, What business,
    2, Why that business

Regards

Mr Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Apt name there, OP

Sorry dont understand what you are trying to say :confused:
    Apt name there, OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

^^^^^

You keep bumping your thread!!

Em apparently the food industry is a good one to be in. I mean more artisan foods - specialty cheeses, breads, etc. I read it somewhere that this is a growing industry. People are into good food now and some will pay the money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Food / artisan produce - tonnes of avenues and outlets for quality produce, helped along massively by the rise of social media...

Health & fitness - always a market for this, new innovations coming out all the time

Restaurants - done well, can really create a buzz, helped along by far fewer people going to pubs and nightclubs. Not hugely profitable though I imagine..

Property resales? Emphasis on 'resales'!! People need to offload negative equity property to those looking to buy it (customers most likely not Irish-based!)

Advertisement