Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building a slatted shed

• 20-05-2012 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I am looking to build a new 2 bay back to back with tank only on one side. Does anyone have an idea of how much this would cost and do I need planning permission. I find it difficult to get a total cost so if anyone out there can advise that would be great, what I am looking for is a total price to build

Tank
    Slats
    Shed
    standard pinning

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

ruaneollie wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to build a new 2 bay back to back with tank only on one side. Does anyone have an idea of how much this would cost and do I need planning permission. I find it difficult to get a total cost so if anyone out there can advise that would be great, what I am looking for is a total price to build

Tank
    Slats
    Shed
    standard pinning

Thanks

Try Farming and Fostery in Soc area, boys there will have lots of answers on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ruaneollie

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Krispie

Re cost, if you are doing it yourself, take time to read the Dept of Ag. Guidlines re payments for grant aid.... They will require VAT receipts etc.
    There are specified suppliers of precast conc items on a list in one of their S10? docs.

You will most probably require permission but be aware, if you are doing this under the Nitrates Directive, you may well be exempt from Planning Contributions. Visit your local Teagasc office to confirm if your coco are on board with this.

Better suited to Farming as said above though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Moved from the P&C forum....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

Re planning, if your new shed is less than 200 m2 and the total of all other sheds of the same type within 100m, including your neighbours if applicable, are less than 300m2 then no PP required.

Just putting in two bay by 28', slats with straw bed behind, with canopy at the moment. Tank is 7'x38'x12' o/s, 9" walls and floor. steel cost €1500 inc vat tied, 30m3 of concrete @ €65+, €2240. Dig out & backfill, and concrete work €1500. 10'6" slats €2000 inc. Price for erected galv shed €7000 inc, need another 30 m3 of concrete for walls, feeding passage and floor €2250. Then I have to make a few gates/barriers, door and get sparky to fire up some lights, fit a drinker, spread some gravel, pipe the chutes away....... It,s the little things that add up. Doing a lot of work myself, and a 50B, I reckon it'll come in arround €17,500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Justjens wrote: »
    Re planning, if your new shed is less than 200 m2 and the total of all other sheds of the same type within 100m, including your neighbours if applicable, are less than 300m2 then no PP required.

Just putting in two bay by 28', slats with straw bed behind, with canopy at the moment. Tank is 7'x38'x12' o/s, 9" walls and floor. steel cost €1500 inc vat tied, 30m3 of concrete @ €65+, €2240. Dig out & backfill, and concrete work €1500. 10'6" slats €2000 inc. Price for erected galv shed €7000 inc, need another 30 m3 of concrete for walls, feeding passage and floor €2250. Then I have to make a few gates/barriers, door and get sparky to fire up some lights, fit a drinker, spread some gravel, pipe the chutes away....... It,s the little things that add up. Doing a lot of work myself, and a 50B, I reckon it'll come in arround €17,500.

God that doesn't sound a bad price. Nice handy size shed. Are you doing the shuttering for tanks yourself?

How do you plan to use it? Cows and calves? What will it hold .... 10 cows and calves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Justjens

€17,500 after vat rebate, and I don't run over budget:D, have a mate with pans, we did the tank in one go, likewise when it's time for the walls. Will probably do the welding myself.

Intended use is for six autumn calvers (calves with access to the field) in one side and if required an overflow pen for some year and a halves in the other. Always been a bit tight for space so this will make life a bit more comfortable for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Anyone know what the cost per foot run for a 10' wide 8' deep tank incl standard slats? I contacted a contractor in Waterford that advertised on done deal but he never got back to me and then they tell you they have no work.

Advertisement