Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pens!

• 20-05-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

Yes it's that time of year again when a thread about pens comes up! :p I'm just wondering what pens does everyone use, or what pen helps people write quickest? I'm not the fastest writer myself so I'd appreciate any opinions on what pens are best to use in exam conditions. I'm using the trusty old bic pen at the moment but I'm just curious to find out what pen everyone finds best, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

4 Colour bic pen or NOTHING.

...NOTHING.

JHtBs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

bic is the way to go.....the one with the four pens is good, but I'll have regular ones too, just for backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

The Staedtler ones. Especially the blue ones. It's such a lovely shade of blue. <3

_1_4BB35F5072A10799E1008000AC193D36.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Togepi wrote: »
    The Staedtler ones. Especially the blue ones. It's such a lovely shade of blue. <3

I agree with this hate those stupid 4 coloured ones, click click click:mad:
    But this is awesome too: Faber Castell Trilux 032 medium
    OP001327.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

For the junior cert I used Papermate.... Lovely pens...

but... I confess.. I cannot write in blue pen... at all!!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »

I love these pens :) I only have of them now though .

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I'll get one off whoever brings pens :p Thats what I did for the mocks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

ChemHickey wrote: »
    For the junior cert I used Papermate.... Lovely pens...

but... I confess.. I cannot write in blue pen... at all!!:P

Me neither, black bic pens all the way! :P Absolutely hate blue pen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

bicorangefine.png

These are the best thing ever. I had a ton of them but they all died at once and now I have none and I don't know where to get them. D:

And standard bic red pens. I don't like staedtler, they're very faint or something.

I used to have a phobia of writing in blue pen, but I think it just went went I found the Staedtler ones. :D

If it's an inky pen, it has to be black though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

finality wrote: »
    I don't like staedtler, they're very faint or something.

It's the truth, their red is pink!

bicorangefine.png

These are the best thing ever. I had a ton of them but they all died at once and now I have none and I don't know where to get them. D:

And standard bic red pens. I don't like staedtler, they're very faint or something.

I've seen those in Easons in town .

I can only write in blue pen , I stopped writing in black pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

For me it definitely has to be blue staedtler and faber castle pens that i will get this week. But i have to admit that my favorite are a blue and purple oxford pen that my aunt got me. They're so amazing to write with!

It's the truth, their red is pink!

I always use red Bic ones, it's just the blue Staedtler ones I always get, apart from that all my pens are Bic. :D

I've seen those in Easons in town .

I can only write in blue pen , I stopped writing in black pens.

I looked for them in easons in cork, no luck :( I got them in Tesco, but they weren't there either when I looked again. :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

How do you pronounce Staedtler? It's always irritated me! :pac:

I like Staedtler, but i'm thinking of changing to some of those Bic fine ones ^ finality posted earlier, they're pretty awesome too! Whatever pen I have it has to have a grip, or i'll get a big ugly blister on my third finger. Lefty :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

I like Staedtler, but i'm thinking of changing to some of those Bic fine ones ^ finality posted earlier, they're pretty awesome too! Whatever pen I have it has to have a grip, or i'll get a big ugly blister on my third finger. Lefty :rolleyes:

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=staedtler

I looked for them in easons in cork, no luck :( I got them in Tesco, but they weren't there either when I looked again. :(:(

I've seen them in the Dublin one :) if it's not too far away.

I think it's like "stet-ler"

I always get a blister during exams, but on my fourth finger... I hold my pen wrong :o
    I actually have a sort of permanent lump on that finger, where the skin is calloused due to years of abuse :L

and thanks guys :) I might just take the easy way out and go without them :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

I use the blood of my enemies.

I actually have a sort of permanent lump on that finger, where the skin is calloused due to years of abuse :L

Exact same. Except the 3rd finger on my left hand is gone completely crooked from all the pressure put on it, it's so ugly looking! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭crayon1

I think it's like "stet-ler"

I always get a blister during exams, but on my fourth finger... I hold my pen wrong :o

and thanks guys :) I might just take the easy way out and go without them :L

I hold the pen wrong too and the lump never leaves! :o I have to have grips on my pens for exams because it hurts too much after awhile if I don't!

Exact same. Except the 3rd finger on my left hand is gone completely crooked from all the pressure put on it, it's so ugly looking! :pac:

My writing finger is completely straight, it's probably the straightest one :P My third fingers are kind of crooked anyway, maybe they're just that way naturally?

My writing finger is completely straight, it's probably the straightest one :P My third fingers are kind of crooked anyway, maybe they're just that way naturally?
    Hmm, possibly. My fingers are messed up from playing the Piano anyway. I actually fractured my finger from playing piano! I was practising for about 9 hours for my Grade VI exam and I stretched my finger and the lid of the piano fell on top of it, crushing it :P. Then I hit it with a Tennis racket result = fractured finger..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I used the staedtler ones for my leaving cert years ago!

Just remember everyone steer clear of red and green as they are the correction colours!

If you want to highlight something use a different colour. And please don't use one of those really light coloured highlighter type colours to write your whole paper, it's a nightmare to read!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Am I the only one who thought this thread was entitled "Penis"?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

Am I the only one who thought this thread was entitled "Penis"?

Well it looks like someone is uncomfortable with their sexuality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I have the same thing on my little finger, I'm a righty but I kind of drag my hand across the page as I'm writing.

Pen-wise, Papermate 1.2 is the one. So smooooth. Don't know how anyone can use the four-colour ones, they're way too wide and make my hand cramp.

Pens are serious business.

Advertisement