Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pens!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I like Staedtler, but i'm thinking of changing to some of those Bic fine ones ^ finality posted earlier, they're pretty awesome too! Whatever pen I have it has to have a grip, or i'll get a big ugly blister on my third finger. Lefty :rolleyes:

These pens would probably suit you!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bic-Orange-Translucent-Barrel-811925/dp/B000SHV4UU

I think you can buy them in Reads on Nassau street, if you're based in Dublin. Have never used them though, but I really like the regular orange Bic ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

This is the pen I will be using: Beat That

15099797.jpg

That's me in the picture too....the reason I look old is because I've got that condition Benjamin Button had where you grow backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

These pens would probably suit you!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bic-Orange-Translucent-Barrel-811925/dp/B000SHV4UU

I think you can buy them in Reads on Nassau street, if you're based in Dublin. Have never used them though, but I really like the regular orange Bic ones!
    Are they inky pens? If so I can't use them either! :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭littleteapot

Are they inky pens? If so I can't use them either! :L

They're not inky, they're the same as the bic fine ballpens you like, except they have a built in grip. Both types are available in Easons in Galway city.

In my LC I remember I used those faber castell ones someone posted earlier. They were grand. Now my favourite pen is the papermate flexgrip elite 1.4mm in blue. It's so soft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I used the staedtler ones for my leaving cert years ago!

Just remember everyone steer clear of red and green as they are the correction colours!

If you want to highlight something use a different colour. And please don't use one of those really light coloured highlighter type colours to write your whole paper, it's a nightmare to read!

Christ do people actually do that? If I was an examiner I'd just fail you straight off the bat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I know a fella that wrote his english paper 2 with a Paddypower bookies pen, i've done the same in College.

72536222.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I use the pens everyone steals out of Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I use a ballistic knife.
    Usually a hard copy of my exam is engraved in the exam hall tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I used the staedtler ones for my leaving cert years ago!

Just remember everyone steer clear of red and green as they are the correction colours!

If you want to highlight something use a different colour. And please don't use one of those really light coloured highlighter type colours to write your whole paper, it's a nightmare to read!

Christ do people actually do that? If I was an examiner I'd just fail you straight off the bat.

I've had a few. Gives me a headache!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Papermate 2.0 ugh <3 But I cant find them anywhere :( Plus its sort of a lucky dip, some are ridiculously smooth and make my writing 10 times neater (magic!), but some are disgusting.

I also had these tesco pens but I gave them to my sister because I didnt like them, and now I like them and cant find any. :rolleyes:

But my auntie sent me 50 blue and 50 red bic pens so I guess I'll just use those as long as they're not all as bad as the one I'm using atm, they seem to have one drop of ink in them or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Jetstream 1.0 are the sex. My sister introduced me to them a few weeks ago. Such easy writing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

finality wrote: »
    bicorangefine.png

These are the best thing ever. I had a ton of them but they all died at once and now I have none and I don't know where to get them. D:

And standard bic red pens. I don't like staedtler, they're very faint or something.

Love them, make your writing so neat and dont smudge!
    Except they run out really really quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

My favourite writing implement:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I'm just going to go into Eason's or something and buy 10 of each pen I see. :D The more the merrier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I bought a big cheap box if Bic pens.
    In fairness they last ages and don't let you down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

skanger wrote: »
    I get all my pens custom made at

http://www.penisland.net/

Now, if anyone else read this link the way it's SUPPOSED to be read then I've got news for you :pac:

Now, on topic:

As long as the ink is not faint I'm grand. The normal BIC Pens, the scumbag among pens are usually ok for that purpose. The downside to them is you tend to get ink blotches and eventually all the ink is smudged over your page and over your hand.

lrg_black_BIC_pen.png

Clicky pens:
    They are alright if u can keep your concentration, but most people will on average spend at least a few minutes clicking the thing like a child and also, in extreme cases this occurs: http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/072/5/5/disassembling_the_everyday_by_canyonlord-d3bkwm0.jpg
    Oh and also the UNREAAAL pain when you clickin the pen with your teeth and it springs back and hits you on the tooth.
    The 4 colours pens also probably deform your hand since they tend to be so wide.
    Another thing to consider is whether a pens with a hexagonal body rather than a circular body hurt your hand after ages of writing.

Anyway I like fine pens so I used Uni-pin fineline for the pres. They come in various radii but the only downside is with time (or with excessive pressure on the pen) the tip falls into the pen and its worthless.

Uniball_Unipin_Fine_Line_Pens_1_large.jpg?1296745307

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Why are we all taking pens so seriously?

I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Why are we all taking pens so seriously?

I love it.

It's the difference between an A and a B. The difference between a pass and a fail. The difference between going to college and not going to college!! Serious shtuff like.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I love this pen aswell as the Staedler pens or the Bic I haven't seen these anywhere but my local shop though :) can't beat the Papermate.

92925861-260x260-0-0_Shopzeus+com+Paper+Mate+Comfort+Mate+Retractable+P.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Oh god, I was just going to look behind my bed and grab a few pens from there. Might be able to get rid of the last few of my Higher Options pens during the exams. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Pencil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I use the blue staedtler ones for any exam tbh. I feel they allow me to write fairly quickly, but comfortably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Pilot FriXion erasable pen

Lovely pen... Comes in like 6 different colours... and best of all, erasable! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

I will only use Black Papermate pens. They're my life :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

On the topic of pens, are we allowed to use red pen for small thing like numbering a question or drawing out the border of a table or labelling points on a graph? Or are they exclusively for correctors and we are not allowed use them?

subz3r0 wrote: »
    On the topic of pens, are we allowed to use red pen for small thing like numbering a question or drawing out the border of a table or labelling points on a graph? Or are they exclusively for correctors and we are not allowed use them?

It's not that they aren't allowed it just makes life difficult for the corrector and you want them to be your best friend. If you really want to use a different colour try using a combo of blue/black or if you're like me and into stationary then blue and purple or something like that.

Your examiner will use red pen and the supervising examiner green

So titles, numbering, bullet points etc in blue pen and everything else in black pen would be better?
    It just doesnt feel right :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

biohaiid wrote: »
    So titles, numbering, bullet points etc in blue pen and everything else in black pen would be better?
    It just doesnt feel right :/

It does feel weird. I might just get a random colour like purple or orange instead.

It does feel weird. I might just get a random colour like purple or orange instead.

I think I might stick with red.
    It cant cause too much hassle?
    But then again, imagine if the examiner took your numbering (eg. point 5) for your mark instead of like 30 or something. :/

• Advertisement

biohaiid wrote: »

I think I might stick with red.
    It cant cause too much hassle?
    But then again, imagine if the examiner took your numbering (eg. point 5) for your mark instead of like 30 or something. :/

That's exactly why it's better to take no chances! Remember your examiner will have about 400odd papers to correct and human error can come into play no matter how good they are. Its good for your own sake to try not to make an error more likely.

Pink works nice with blue?

Advertisement