Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pens!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

biohaiid wrote: »
    I think I might stick with red.
    It cant cause too much hassle?
    But then again, imagine if the examiner took your numbering (eg. point 5) for your mark instead of like 30 or something. :/

Then number from 100 to infinity instead of from 1 to infinity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

256771_sk_lg.jpg

My mother brought me some of these today, and ohmygod they're amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

finality wrote: »
    256771_sk_lg.jpg

My mother brought me some of these today, and ohmygod they're amazing.

I'm going to buy one next time I'm in town. they look good!

They are black right?

ChemHickey wrote: »

They are black right?

Yup, it doesn't say black anywhere on them but man, they black. Looks like it should be kind of inky but it isn't. It just glides across the page and feels like it was made for my hand. Looks sleek and sexy too! :pac:

finality wrote: »

They are black right?

Yup, it doesn't say black anywhere on them but man, they black. Looks like it should be kind of inky but it isn't. It just glides across the page and feels like it was made for my hand. Looks sleek and sexy too! :pac:

Yesh!

Sexy is what I'm going for! I don't care for exams... it's the moments when I'm alone with the supervisor and she's like

'nice pen'

and I'll be like

'I know.'

* striking a pose similar to philly larkin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Well, I learned something about pens today when I the 3 pens I brought with me into my english paper 1 mock exam ALL ran out. :L I had to ask the teacher for a spare one, that'd be a real disaster in an exam situation :(

me: *puts hand up*
    examiner: yes?
    me: spare pen?
    examiner : ...get out!

I can just imagine it :P So aye, need to get some good pens that won't run out in the next few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Anyone else just relying on the pack of pens they bought at the start of the year? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Togepi wrote: »
    Anyone else just relying on the pack of pens they bought at the start of the year? :pac:

I can't believe you have a pack of pens that has lasted a whole year. I lose pens at an alarming rate :eek:

As for the numbering thing, just number the questions and write in the same colour, there's need to be switching colour unless you have OCD or something! :p

I can't believe you have a pack of pens that has lasted a whole year. I lose pens at an alarming rate :eek:

I got a pack of blue ones and a pack of black ones, not sure how many was in each, but I'd say no more than six or seven. I've about four unused ones even now, you'd think I'd have used them up by now, being a Leaving Cert and all. :cool:

And I don't lose pens. Ever. :D Gave one away at the start of the year, but that's it. :P

As for the numbering thing, just number the questions and write in the same colour, there's need to be switching colour unless you have OCD or something! :p

I NEED to number the questions in a different colour. It's soothing. :o

I'll also probably bring about ten pens into the exam with me. And two calculators. And 3 pencils.

• Advertisement

I think I used up close go 50 pens since the beginning of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

I thought examiners use green pens?! Anyone who's repeating and got their papers checked, what colour did they use? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Wheres the love for the Pilot G2? Or are ye all too hamfisted to not smudge it all?
    :)

SeanMadd wrote: »
    I thought examiners use green pens?! Anyone who's repeating and got their papers checked, what colour did they use? :D

My friend asked me to view her scripts with her. Normal examiners mark with read. The higher, head examiners use green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

Sorry to ruin the party guys, but its official - there is only one type of pen: blue bic (NOT the four colour one, DEAR GOD NO). Once again, i'm sorry, but its the only way

My friend asked me to view her scripts with her. Normal examiners mark with read. The higher, head examiners use green.

We can't win :pac: I'm sure we'll be grand if we use red.... right? :rolleyes:

That is actually genius. :D I'm going to write everything in black now, save a few precious seconds! :p But I've been using blue pen all year, maybe a colour change will throw me off. :cool:

Togepi wrote: »
    That is actually genius. :D I'm going to write everything in black now, save a few precious seconds! :p But I've been using blue pen all year, maybe a colour change will throw me off. :cool:

I heard examiners prefer black pen ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I see the whole red/green pen dilemma now.
    I was going over my geography mock and it was really hard to distinguish between the examiners srps and my numbering. Defnatley gonna use a different colour now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Sorry to ruin the party guys, but its official - there is only one type of pen: blue bic (NOT the four colour one, DEAR GOD NO). Once again, i'm sorry, but its the only way

Amateur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ptrlaurent

75_693_l.pngthen stablio point 88 black handles margins like a dream. writing with one would have made even Shakespeare blush. German engineering means that if you lose the cap... no problem its airtight seal prevents drying.

Modeled on the shaft of the german 88 flak/anti tank gun.
    CAPTURED_GERMAN_88-MM._GUN.jpg
    Take this to your exam and you will really see why the pen is mightier than the sword

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

ptrlaurent wrote: »
    writing with one would have made even Shakespeare blush.
    Take this to your exam and you will really see why the pen is mightier than the sword
    I love you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ambient Occlusion

Would I be let use my quill?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

pens_atlantis_black.jpg

Actually shocked no ones mentioned the BIC Atlantis as of yet! Dream of a pen... glides across the paper
    It's like the BIC 2.0, new and improved :pac: Circular shaped instead of hexagonal so sits easier in your hand for longer, and features a smooth rubber grip. And the clicking! Best clicky pen in existence, the click motion is so fluid and silent...
    Unfortunately I'm all out of black and I don't use blue pens :(
    IMGP48161.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

IMGP48161.jpg

Best. Pen. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

fc_1424-1212050981807.jpg

i use these bad boys myself, they've got a fine tip that makes my writing look neater and i just feel i write better like that because they don't get all inky and smudgy :D i write question numbers in red usually, quotes, titles and stuff in blue to stand out important stuff and then mainly write in black :)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Just wondering,
    Will an examiner have any problem if I use a pencil for maths and doing calculations in physics or what not.
    I know it's a bad idea to be rubbing out half pages full of hidden attempt marks but just for those stupid little + signs that should be -, or obvious little mistakes.

Its all fun and games turning a - to a plus, but + to minus :mad::mad::mad:

Also it looks neater and stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

jos360 wrote: »
    Just wondering,
    Will an examiner have any problem if I use a pencil for maths and doing calculations in physics or what not.
    I know it's a bad idea to be rubbing out half pages full of hidden attempt marks but just for those stupid little + signs that should be -, or obvious little mistakes.

Its all fun and games turning a - to a plus, but + to minus :mad::mad::mad:

Also it looks neater and stuff :)

From what I've heard, examiners don't really like people to use pencil. Its hard to read and much more likely to smudge. For maths/physics, I would leave everything you write down there, as you may have set off on the right path at one stage and not realised it, and you'll get attempt marks.

If you think its messy leaving little mistakes all over the place, just do something like draw a box around the incorrect calculations and just write "no" beside it, so its clear to yourself and the examiner that that part is not relevant to your final calculation, but at the same time leaves it clear for them to read if they're looking to give you attempt marks. For the plus and minus signs, you could just rewrite the line if there was space beside or below the original line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

The pencil smudge is one thing I've never understood - I mean, I can still read all my primary school copies :pac: I discussed it with a friend last week because we both prefer pencils; she wrote a bit in pencil and rubbed it til her finger burned, and it was perfectly visible.

But the general consensus seems to be no pencils allowed. :(
    Then again you have to draw diagrams in pencil. Surely they're not smudge-proof :P

• Advertisement

Patchy~ wrote: »
    The pencil smudge is one thing I've never understood - I mean, I can still read all my primary school copies :pac: I discussed it with a friend last week because we both prefer pencils; she wrote a bit in pencil and rubbed it til her finger burned, and it was perfectly visible.

But the general consensus seems to be no pencils allowed. :(
    Then again you have to draw diagrams in pencil. Surely they're not smudge-proof :P

Be a boss and use a mechanical pencil.

Advertisement