Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pens!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Patchy~ wrote: »
    The pencil smudge is one thing I've never understood - I mean, I can still read all my primary school copies :pac: I discussed it with a friend last week because we both prefer pencils; she wrote a bit in pencil and rubbed it til her finger burned, and it was perfectly visible.

But the general consensus seems to be no pencils allowed. :(
    Then again you have to draw diagrams in pencil. Surely they're not smudge-proof :P

Depends on the pencil type.
    5H - 2H won't be smudged but B - 5B (art pencils) will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

jos360 wrote: »
    Depends on the pencil type.
    5H - 2H won't be smudged but B - 5B (art pencils) will be.

Only problem with 5H - 2H, they're INVISIBLE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

When choosing a pencil, you must ask yourself, 2B or not 2B that is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lamie

I'm using a cross pen I got for my 18th. It's a bit thinner then the papermate and doesn't mangle my hand as much. Also writing notes with papermate shed layers of skin off of my finger. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

There's really a thread about pens. . ?

Sweet holy jesus, life has suddenly become not worth living.

• Advertisement

I think it started off as a joke but then the discussion actually got serious and in a depressive turn of events the topic has now turned to pencils. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

As far as I remember there's always been a thread about pens coming up to the LC! You're gunna be stuck to them for the most part of the next 3 weeks so why not! :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I started a thread about highlighters coming up to my LC.

I regret nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

In a related topic, how many pens should you bring in to the exam?
    Im petrified they'll all run out but I dont wanna look weird with 20 odd pens ..

Also, highlighting quotes etc, yes/no?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

I think this is my favourite thread. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

biohaiid wrote: »
    Im petrified they'll all run out but I dont wanna look weird with 20 odd pens ..

I'm bringing in three black pens. What are the chances of three pens wasting...right?

And nah, won't bother highlighting quotes, have enough trouble with the timing of the English papers as it is. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bring as many pens as you want, though really any more than 5 of the colours you will be using is a bit of overkill. Leave the red and green ones at home.

Correctors know which bits are quotes - just put them in inverted commas. No need to highlight anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm bringing as many black pens as I can find - at least five. :D

No. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I started a thread about highlighters coming up to my LC.

I regret nothing.

Just thought I'd leave this here cus I always get a laugh off it.
    http://www.stupidgifs.com/images/full/10.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

This might be a stupid question, but in the interests of totally avoiding red and green, would it be an idea to use a pink or purple pen to number questions? Not a luminous one thats hard to read like, a good pen.

For English, this guy. Everything else just a biro

attrimg4_353730.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Hmm okay ..I think I'll bring in 5 black, 2 blue and 1 red .. or something like that.
    I hold a pen really weird so the only pens I can really use run out really quick, thats why I'm worried. Thanks though. :P

Tomorrow I'm taking a two hour break to head out with my friend for hot chocolate and I think I might invest in some Papermate Comfort Ultra pens.

I can't believe my life has reached this point. I'm so banal and I'm only 18. :(

I got these pens in Tesco (like €1 for 20 :D ) some time last year and they were BEAUTIFUL but when I went back to get more they were gone. Every time I'm in Tesco I check to see if they have them but they never do. :(

Lyyke iff yhuu cryed.

http://www.janice-campbell.com/2011/07/11/how-to-hold-a-pen-or-pencil/

This thread wouldn't be complete without an in depth tutorial on how to hold a pen.

Enjoy.

Martin_94 wrote: »

This thread wouldn't be complete without an in depth tutorial on how to hold a pen.

Enjoy.

I hold it exactly right. FINALLY, something I can do. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I hold it exactly right. FINALLY, something I can do. :D

I don't. :( I didn't think I would though. :P I have my middle finger on the pen the same way as my index one is on it, apart from that it's perfect. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I hold it sort of like that except I let the pen lean against my third finger

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Chuchoter wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question, but in the interests of totally avoiding red and green, would it be an idea to use a pink or purple pen to number questions? Not a luminous one thats hard to read like, a good pen.

The corrector will know where to look for the number of the question. It doesn't have to be a funny colour.

Martin_94 wrote: »

Enjoy.

Actually, the vast majority of people hold a pen incorrectly. Bad habits learned early are hard to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Bringing this thread back :cool::cool:

But seriously, I'm getting pens tomorrow? What pens will make me write fastest :L? I heard the Papermate Comfortmate is a good bet, but incase they don't have it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm that guy with the 4 colour clicky pens.

Drives people mad :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Is it true that you're meant to write in black? I heard you're not meant to use blue, is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Wesc. wrote: »
    Is it true that you're meant to write in black? I heard you're not meant to use blue, is that true?

Blue is fine, black is just far superior in everyway possible. I heard black is preferred as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Blue is fine, black is just far superior in everyway possible. I heard black is preferred as well.

Fucck it I'll use black so :P

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »
    Fucck it I'll use black so :P

I also read a study somewhere, think it was in Time maybe, that exams wrote in black pen on average scored higher than those in blue pen.

I'm writing in black just in case it is a sub conscious thing. :P

Advertisement