Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pens!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I also read a study somewhere, think it was in Time maybe, that exams wrote in black pen on average scored higher than those in blue pen.

I'm writing in black just in case it is a sub conscious thing. :P

Brilliant, I'm already at an advantage! 625 no bother! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

knowing my luck i'll end up with that one examiner who prefers blue pens..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Would you say examiners are strict on pens being used that the ink transfers onto the following page?.. I have a pen that I can write like so much faster with :P

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

David1994 wrote: »
    Would you say examiners are strict on pens being used that the ink transfers onto the following page?.. I have a pen that I can write like so much faster with :P

I must know what this almighty pen is!! Reveal me your secrets!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's likely to seep through the page, just write on every second page of your answer booklets.
    An examiner will get a bit fed up if they're trying to uncover writing on top of mirror-imaged writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

spurious wrote: »
    If it's likely to seep through the page, just write on every second page of your answer booklets.
    An examiner will get a bit fed up if they're trying to uncover writing on top of mirror-imaged writing.

Oh ok I thought it would be annoying for an examiner anyway..But then the examiner would aslo get annoying for skipping pages too? :P Maybe this pen might not be the best idea :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Bic Crystal (Blue) FTW!!!

12350-be?$lg$

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh ok I thought it would be annoying for an examiner anyway..But then the examiner would aslo get annoying for skipping pages too? :P Maybe this pen might not be the best idea :/

Skipping pages is not annoying at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Uuuuuugh, I only have blue pens!!

Be honest. Should I go and get some black ones? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Uuuuuugh, I only have blue pens!!

Be honest. Should I go and get some black ones? :pac:

In my opinion

YES! They are just so fiiine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Dammit dammit dammit I dunno :pac: My auntie sent me 50 blue pens and 50 red ones. I have a few black but I love blue...but I also love good grades :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I still need to buy a new selection of pens might get some tomorrow. I don't want to leave the house though , I was just planning on staying in studying. Might take a break and head to the shop and get a pack of papermates or staedler I can't remember where I bought the last ones and I only have one left.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

it's probably because the majority of people write in blue so when someone writes in black it's like "whoa what a difference" . . sometimes i swap between black and blue because i get bored writing in the one colour. .

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Dammit dammit dammit I dunno :pac: My auntie sent me 50 blue pens and 50 red ones. I have a few black but I love blue...but I also love good grades :P

If you love blue use blue!

more a's for me ;)

only joking...*shifty eyes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The bonus is you can terrify the rest of the room by asking for extra paper 20 minutes in :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Oh god, flashback...

Once both of my black pens ran out so I had to switch to blue halfway through an English essay. :o I think it was only the mocks, but still... The HORROR!! :eek:

Actually I think I might have had to switch pens again so there were two different shades of blue, plus black in the one essay. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Togepi wrote: »
    Oh god, flashback...

Once both of my black pens ran out so I had to switch to blue halfway through an English essay. :o I think it was only the mocks, but still... The HORROR!! :eek:

...I think I'd die if that happened. That's awful. No joking, it'd annoy me for the rest of my life. (In the actual LC.. not the mocks :p) :cool:

...I think I'd die if that happened. That's awful. No joking, it'd annoy me for the rest of my life. (In the actual LC.. not the mocks :p) :cool:

Fitting reaction when you look at your username. :P

Fitting reaction when you look at your username. :P

I'm not gonna make it through these exams. I'm convinced one way or another that I'll never see the summer. :( :P

I'm not gonna make it through these exams. I'm convinced one way or another that I'll never see the summer. :( :P

Ah you will! :) You'll just have to leave Boards. :P (Lol, joooke!) :D

• Advertisement

Ah you will! :) You'll just have to leave Boards. :P (Lol, joooke!) :D

^^ I feel a romance <3

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Gel Pens fo' life niggaz....

ChemHickey wrote: »
    ^^ I feel a romance <3

:confused:

As far as I know we're both straight girls... </3 :P

:confused:

As far as I know we're both straight girls... </3 :P

LOL. Yes, you are correct.

And god, it's the LC, there's no time for romance anyway! :rolleyes:

LOL. Yes, you are correct.

And god, it's the LC, there's no time for romance anyway! :rolleyes:

Exactly, get thee to a nunnery, jeez!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Exactly, get thee to a nunnery, jeez!! :P

If thou wilst marry, marry a fool for wise men know well enough what monsters you make of them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Oh god, flashback...

Actually I think I might have had to switch pens again so there were two different shades of blue, plus black in the one essay. :o

I had to write the last few pages of one of my LC exams in red pen :o I think it was near the end when I'd gotten too lazy to bring in a million pens and all my trusty blue ones had run out. The examiner must not have minded too much but it was pretty cringy reading over it in the rechecks! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

BOOKIES PEN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

BOOKIES PEN!!!

Hahaha easily the funniest reply I have seen :p ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Kate2694

I used a rub out pen for English paper one. I'm pretty sure I wrote clearly, but are they not allowed? My teacher never told me and it's not written on the exam script...Thanks!

Advertisement