Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pens!

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Kate2694 wrote: »
    I used a rub out pen for English paper one. I'm pretty sure I wrote clearly, but are they not allowed? My teacher never told me and it's not written on the exam script...Thanks!

Bumper..

But I also wrote the exam in erasable pen. Some parts seemed faded when I went back but i topped them up! I was worried butt I have decided that they'll be able to read most of it so I say we're grand. Its not mentioned anywhere its not allowed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kate2694

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Bumper..

But I also wrote the exam in erasable pen. Some parts seemed faded when I went back but i topped them up! I was worried butt I have decided that they'll be able to read most of it so I say we're grand. Its not mentioned anywhere its not allowed as well.

Yeah here's hoping! Just won't use it for anything else :P Did you rub out much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Rubber grips worked wonders :)

Kate2694 wrote: »
    Yeah here's hoping! Just won't use it for anything else :P Did you rub out much?

I rubbed out a good lot! I wrote loads though! 14pages! The corrector will be either thinking I'm sort of english freak with no mistakes (lines through anything) or that something is rotten in the state of the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

How many pens are you all planning to bring to English tomorrow? :p Someone in my year brought 4 pens to the Paper 2 mock BUT SOMEHOW THEY ALL STOPPED WORKING :eek: *dies at the very thought* so I got a bit paranoid for the real thing last year and stuffed a pencil case to the brim with biros, gel pens and an assortment of others.... Definitely over 20 of them. :P I didn't even care about potential weird looks from the examiners. :')

• Advertisement

Violafy wrote: »
    How many pens are you all planning to bring to English tomorrow? :p Someone in my year brought 4 pens to the Paper 2 mock BUT SOMEHOW THEY ALL STOPPED WORKING :eek: *dies at the very thought* so I got a bit paranoid for the real thing last year and stuffed a pencil case to the brim with biros, gel pens and an assortment of others.... Definitely over 20 of them. :P I didn't even care about potential weird looks from the examiners. :')

I have around 12 I'd say. All brand new, all in case the next fails! My friend arrived in this morning and had toborrow a pen cause he didn't bring one with him! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mcmxci

I swear by Bic. Their "Round Stic" pens are more comfortable to use than Cristal and they last a long time. "Soft Feel" are the same but with a clicker. They're incredibly cheap in Bookstation - 12 for €2.

I have around 12 I'd say. All brand new, all in case the next fails! My friend arrived in this morning and had toborrow a pen cause he didn't bring one with him! :O

AAAAAGH! I think I actually would have had a heart attack and died if that had somehow happened to me. I'm squirming at the very thought... WHAT IF THE ONE PEN HE BORROWED RAN OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EXAM... *deep breath*

Violafy wrote: »
    AAAAAGH! I think I actually would have had a heart attack and died if that had somehow happened to me. I'm squirming at the very thought... WHAT IF THE ONE PEN HE BORROWED RAN OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EXAM... *deep breath*

I would feel ill if that happened to me!! Oh... that'd be almost as bad as if your calculator ran out of battery in accounting.. :/

I would feel ill if that happened to me!! Oh... that'd be almost as bad as if your calculator ran out of battery in accounting.. :/

Same... I'm not even joking when I say that I would have either had a mental breakdown or started weeping uncontrollably in the middle of the exam. :P I can't understand how you'd willingly open yourself up to such a huge risk and unnecessary stress by not bringing a pen and at least a few spares! :eek:
    Ohhhh dear. I don't do accounting but I did bring 3 calculators to Maths last year. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Can you answer your Maths exams in pencil?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Can you answer your Maths exams in pencil?

Bad idea, as pencil can fade easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Lads. Papermate Comfort Ultra. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

For some reason my writing today in the exam was massive. I don't know why? Usually I have about 12/13 words per line but today I found myself writing only 8/9 words per line. The stress is affecting my handwriting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Geo10 wrote: »
    For some reason my writing today in the exam was massive. I don't know why? Usually I have about 12/13 words per line but today I found myself writing only 8/9 words per line. The stress is affecting my handwriting!

The pages are smaller for the exams. :)

Advertisement