Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet settings

Options
  • 20-05-2012 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Samsung omnia 7. Recently changed from meteor to Vodafone but there seems to be something up with the internet settings. I changed apn to live.vodafone.com but my data connection is sporadic and I keep getting a 403 error.

for example the Facebook home page won't work for me but if I then click into a group on my favourites list it will work fine and I can click I to my profile from there. Bing search won't work either. Everything is fine on WiFi.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

fits wrote: »
    I have a Samsung omnia 7. Recently changed from meteor to Vodafone but there seems to be something up with the internet settings. I changed apn to live.vodafone.com but my data connection is sporadic and I keep getting a 403 error.

for example the Facebook home page won't work for me but if I then click into a group on my favourites list it will work fine and I can click I to my profile from there. Bing search won't work either. Everything is fine on WiFi.

Any ideas?

You could try isp.vodafone.ie or better of all use the Connection Set Up app from Samsung Section in the marketplace. It should automatically set up your APN.

Does the error only come up for specific sites or all of them. Seeing as everything works fine over WiFi it might be just a problem with the data set up. You PAYG or Bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭fits

Any ideas?

You could try isp.vodafone.ie or better of all use the Connection Set Up app from Samsung Section in the marketplace. It should automatically set up your APN.

Does the error only come up for specific sites or all of them. Seeing as everything works fine over WiFi it might be just a problem with the data set up. You PAYG or Bill?

thanks!

It comes up for most sites but then email works fine, and going through favourites works fine. I'm on bill pay with data add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,533 ✭✭✭✭fits

Any ideas?

thanks!

It comes up for most sites but then email works fine, and going through favourites works fine. I'm on bill pay with data add on.

Advertisement