Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Settlement talks query

• 20-05-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Friend of mine going through a Judicial separation. The other side have approached his legal team for settlement talks. His solicitor has advised him that after meeting with him for 30 min before the settlement talks, my friend would go home and his legal team would meet with the other side's legal team and see if a settlement could be reached. Ex-wife would not be there for the settlement talks either. Is this the norm?

My understanding was that the clients would be present also - not at the talks with the other side but somewhere in the vicinity should the legal team need clarification, response to offers etc.

My friend's legal team would then come back to him with possible settlement. How does my friend know how long the talks went on for etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

The "talks" will go on for a few minutes - they'll smoke some fags and scratch each others balls.

Then they'll bill for hours......As if they fought it out, like they gave a shit.

There's nothing your friend could do. That's just the way it works in this town, and you'd better accept it. You could always hire another solicitor to go after the one you've already hired......rolling around the fucking floor laughing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

childish post, Krd. Yes some discussions may fiinish early. I have known some go on over two days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

krd wrote: »
    The "talks" will go on for a few minutes - they'll smoke some fags and scratch each others balls.

Then they'll bill for hours......As if they fought it out, like they gave a shit.

There's nothing your friend could do. That's just the way it works in this town, and you'd better accept it. You could always hire another solicitor to go after the one you've already hired......rolling around the fucking floor laughing...
    Most likely true.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Thanks - as i thought. Could he insist on being there and staying in the vicinity to 'negotiate' or would that just pee the legal teams off. At this stage he just really wants a settlement before it goes to court in a few weeks time. Thanks again

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

snor wrote: »
    Thanks - as i thought. Could he insist on being there and staying in the vicinity to 'negotiate' or would that just pee the legal teams off. At this stage he just really wants a settlement before it goes to court in a few weeks time. Thanks again

The customer is always right, so if he feels wronged he should make this known to his solicitor

• Advertisement
Advertisement