Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365 issue

Options
  • 20-05-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently moved my current account to BOI as my mortgage, personal loan, Credit Card and another account are all with BOI and figured it would be a lot easier to manage all my accounts through one bank and one online registration. All my existing accounts with BOI (Mortgage, Personal Loan, Credit Card and second current account) are all joint accounts. When i opened my new personal current account and was registered with banking 365 i tried adding all my existing accounts to no avail, i contacted 365 online who told me i cant view these with my current account login as they are joint and i would need to open a new 365 online account for them. I thought this was a bit ridiculous giving the second person on my joint accounts is a long time member of BOI and is able to view all his personal and jont accounts through one login i explained this to the customer service rep who told me no that this cant be done and she didnt understand how it was done and proceeded to tell me that i would have to open further 365online accounts!! Has anyone had this problem or can anyone tell me how to register all my accounts under one login.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi tcoste,

Thanks for getting in touch. I appreciate your frustration. The issue you mentioned is caused by a technical issue within our systems. It is currently under review and we are hoping to have a solution in place soon, although we don't have a definite timeframe yet.

You mentioned that the second person on your joint accounts was a long-time customer. The most likely reason why they are able to view both their sole and joint accounts is because they were probably setup before the technical issue originally occurred.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience. I will update here once we have a fix in place.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

Hi,
    I've recently moved my Sole Current account to BOI from AIB. I've also set up a joint account on BOI with my partner who is already a BOI customer. Is there any update on whether this its possible to view our joint acount under our sole account online with BOI again yet? I've spoken to 6 different BOI365 agents in past two days mainly in relation to paying my AIB credit card from my BOI current account, almost every time I've also asked about the joint account, most of the agents say it's not possible to view my joint under my sole account but don't know why not. Another said we'll need to get a separate online 365 login. The branch told me that since our account is set up to need both signatures that could be the problem so they're rectifiing that so that we can individually access the account for funds. There is a limit to the amount of pins/account numbers one can carry around in their head so having a separate login each for each of our sole and joint accounts is quite daunting!!

Can you please advise what the corect stance is please? Is this a technical glitch on the system which prevents linking the accounts? Or a user/account specific issue? Why isn't there a clear response from all BOI staff as to whether its possible or not. it's incredibly frustrating and definitely a step back for me after having this facility on AIB online banking.
    Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi janus83,

At the moment you cannot link joint and sole accounts for viewing. It is something we are looking into.

You can change your Banking 365 pin to something you may find easier to remember through our phone banking service selecting option 6 and then option 3.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response Linda. Is there work ongoing to try and have this function there again, it's really useful?

Are you allowed have the pin the same on two different online account in your name?

(Aside-The userid is still unique though and I don't think you can change this, like many people I've one for AIB online too and some other accounts so I was hoping to have one less to keep track of)

I'm hoping to move my credit card to BOI also shortly, will this be something I can add to my sole account on BOI365 and view the transactions and pay off easily from my sole current account?

I've had lots of issues setting up my AIB mastercard on BOI365,and many different suggestions from different BOI365 staff, some incorrect, only way around it was to get them to set it up and post me an activation code so now I'm going to be late paying my credit card bill and will incur fees. Admittedly this is partly AIBs fault too as when you get e-statements you can only pay the bill online or by posting a bank draft or cheque to their credit card department which takes 3-5 days to process so that won't work for me either at this late stage. I'm very annoyed at this, it seems ridiculous not be able to hand over cash at a branch and pay my bill.

AIB card services today told me that I shouldn't need an account number and sort code to set up my AIB credit card as a beneficiary on another banks service, she said they don't use them anymore, the only way I was told by BOI that I can add the card is by Add Domestic Payee and then you're promted to fill in an account num, sort code & put the card number in the reference field, this contradicts what AIB say. It's been a very confusting two days trying to work around these problems, I had expected this to be a very simple process, particularly when Ithought what a good idea getting activation codes on phone, but I appear to have hit an exception unfortunately!

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi janus83,

We hope to have the facility to link joint and sole accounts together in the near future, however we don't have an exact date as yet.

You have the option of changing your 365 PIN on both of your accounts to any number of choice.

It is possible to add a Bank of Ireland Credit Card to your sole account on Banking365, allowing you to view transactions and make payments to it. For a full list of the different types of credit cards we offer, please see here.

It is possible to set up your AIB credit card as a beneficiary on 365 Online. For this you require your AIB credit card account number, AIB's account number and sort code. The account number and sort code should be on your credit card statement or the AIB Credit Card department should be able to provide you with these details.
    Once this has been updated, we will issue you with an activation code either by phone or by text, whichever method you choose. When this beneficiary has been activated, you may then transfer funds to your AIB credit card.

Hope this helps.

Billy

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Thanks for the info on the credit card and that i can use the same pin.

Re the AIB credit card, the problem was that I kept getting account cannot be added when I tried adding it myself, I got one set of acc/sort code number from BOI agent, that didnt work, then another sifferent one which was on my credit card estatement, and a third one when I rang AIB to try and get the correct one. Same error when I tried all three, the agent on BOI 365 in the end said the only option left was for her to add it but if she adds it she can only post out the activation code, not send it to my mobile. Are you saying I could have got her to send the activation code to my mobile? I had heard that from a different agent earlier yesterday but the next girl I spoke to said when they add the payee it has to go by post.
    Also AIB Credit card Services centre have told me today that NO sort code or account number is used anymore when people are seting up their AIB credit card as a payee on another bank's service. Completely contradicts the BOI information. I'm not srue which is correct.
    If I've been told something wrong and there is in fact a way for me to add this myself - without getting the error this account can't be added - and get activation code by mobile and pay my bill today then please let me know as I'll be delighted. However reading other peoples posts on other forums they have had the same issues with BOI365 and AIB mastercard, tried adding as bill, then as domestic payee with various sort codes and account num for AIB and none worked.

E

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=145129
    in particular the one from Dr. Moriarity

Hi janus83,

An AIB Mastercard would have to be added as a Domestic Payee on Banking365. So you would definitely need the Sort Code and Account Number from AIB. It isn't possible to add it under the Pay a Bill option. As you probably saw when you were trying to set it up, it doesn't appear on the dropdown menu when selecting the bill name.

If for whatever reason you are unable to add the payee online and you ring Banking365 to have it added by a representative, they can only to send you the activation code by post. It's only an option to receive the code by text if you have set up the payee online.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi janus83,

To add to Pat's post, we've looked into this further for you and the AIB MasterCard beneficiary details will need to be added by a representative in Banking365. If you would like to PM us with your contact details, I will arrange a callback at a time that suits. Unfortunately the activation code will need to be sent by post.

Thanks

Billy

Hi,
    Thanks Billy,but I went down that route yesterday and I'm waiting for activation code, unfortunatley my bill is due to be paid Monday so it will be too late this month. Id have done it sooner only my understading was it a couple of mins job to set up and pay.
    I understand there's not much I or you can do in this situation. However I think there were a few things that could be improved with BOI365 service, there seems to be a different answer to some quiestions depending on the agent which is very confusing for the customer, this is partly what necessitated me having to ring back so many times. Also I'm not sure is the fault with AIB or BOI but it would be good if whatever the issue is with adding AIB mastercard as domestic payee can be fixed.
    From what I've read on various forums many other pople have had the same issue and had to - like me- go down the route of getting agent to add card and wait for code.

other than these issues (it's been a very frustrating 2 days trying to keep calling on breaks from work) and the joint account problem I'm finding everyone very helpful and my local branch have been great in helping me get my account switched over from AIB. And the responses on boards today have been very prompt so thank you. I'll withold my opinion on banking365 until I'm fully set up though!

BR

Hi
    Is setting up a direct debit to pay my AIB mastercard from BOI365 something I can do quickly online? Or do I need to send letters and wait for codes etc do you know?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Janus83,

Apologies for the length of time it has taken to register your AIB MasterCard beneficiary details on Banking 365 Online.
    I have passed your feedback on to relevant department.
    janus83 wrote: »
    Is setting up a direct debit to pay my AIB masterCard from BOI365 something I can do quickly online? Or do I need to send letters and wait for codes etc do you know?

In order to set up a Direct Debit to your AIB MasterCard from your Bank of Ireland account, you will need to contact AIB and provide them with the details. AIB may require you to complete a Direct Debit mandate.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

I was wondering why i am being asked for my pps number down when i want to transfer funds into saving account, i understand the dirt tax, but why do you need pps number to save my money, government does'nt need to know all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi gasher,

Thanks for your query.

All financial institutions are required by law to request a customer's PPS number when opening any credit interest bearing account.

Hope this helps and thanks for choosing to open a savings account with us.
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

All financial institutions are required by law to request a customer's PPS number when opening any credit interest bearing account.

But according The Department of Social Protection is a illegal for banks etc to record PPS Numbers on computer systems. Is this not exactly what Banking 365 is doing when the online application is filled in?

Q13. Can a bank or building society or any other financial institution ask me for my PPS No.?

A13. Yes. These would be where an account holder has a loan on which they are claiming tax relief on the interest paid, for example a mortgage or home improvement loan. In order that the Revenue Commissioners can correctly apply the Tax Relief at Source (TRS) provisions to such a loan, some Financial Institutions notify the interest details to Revenue using the PPS No. as a unique identifier. Note that not all Financial Institutions use the PPS No. in this regard.

The Regulations implementing the EU Taxation of Savings Income Directive require Financial Institutions (Banks, Building Societies, Credit Unions etc.) to establish the identity of prospective customers. In order to comply with the document retention requirement contained in the Regulations, Financial Institutions may retain a manual record or a photocopy of a document containing the PPS Number. The PPS Number must not be recorded on the bank's computer system and the PPS Number must not be used by the bank for any other purpose.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi Tow,

I've gotten in touch with our Savings Department and should have some more information soon. I'll post back here as soon as I do.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Tow,

Thanks for your patience.

We have an update from our Savings Department regarding PPSNs stored on computer systems. When the Return of Payments Regulations were issued in 2008, the Revenue Commissioners and the Data Protection Commission reached an agreement whereby Financial Institutions can hold PPSNs electronically, provided they do not use them for purposes beyond the Regulations.

Hope this helps.
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you on the below:
    tcoste wrote: »
    When i opened my new personal current account and was registered with banking 365 i tried adding all my existing accounts to no avail, i contacted 365 online who told me i cant view these with my current account login as they are joint and i would need to open a new 365 online account for them.
    janus83 wrote: »
    Is there any update on whether this its possible to view our joint acount under our sole account online with BOI again yet?

Requests to merge personal sole and joint accounts under a single online User ID will now be assessed by Banking365. Click here for more information.

Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement