Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fianna Fail Church Gate Collection

• 20-05-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this happened all over the country this weekend but it was in my parish.

I can't believe this crowd have the nerve to stand outside chapels at a time when people are struggling to put food on the table and pay their bills; and this shower of ****ers that got us into this mess and took every penny they could from people are standing there looking for people to willingly give them more as if they are a charity. :mad:

Also I wonder is only the Catholic churches they beg at; do they do the same at Protestant churches, Mosques etc? I suppose Fine Gael and Labour will be out next weekend rattling their buckets :eek:

Comments

Are you not also offended by the church begging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

What I can't believe is the people who throw coins into those buckets and still moan about the state of the country.

Just because you vaguely know the people on the gate doesn't mean you have to contribute to their vile cause. Stand up for yourself and don't help that rotten carcus of a political movement make a comeback :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Up to people if they want to give or not.

I won't be giving them anything.

EDIT: Of course, now that I think of it I won't be at mass either, so my principled stand is pretty effortless :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Never realised people collected church gates, does the church not mind them being taken ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Your donation will keep people in jobs , especially in the printing sector :
    Fianna Fáil greatly appreciates your support. All donations received by the Party are for the sole and exclusive purposes of fighting Local, European or General Elections or mounting referenda campaigns. Without the generosity of our supporters we would not be in a position to pay for posters, billboards, ads and all that goes with campaigning

But since they want a yes vote in the referendum , I suggest you don't give them anything .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Tell them to get their €50k back from P Flynn if they want money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I guess people have the option to donate to one fail or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

do they do the same at Protestant churches, Mosques etc?

I doubt it, we'd only have a pile of fanny PC threads exclaiming inherent racism & segregation if they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Your donation will keep people in jobs , especially in the printing sector .

Your donation will ensure I have a constant supply of free plastic sheeting material

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Some neck they have, of course they'll do well come next election as I doubt people are happy with this current shower and mostly have a short term memory :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Are you not also offended by the church begging?

what he said

religious organisations ha ve been begging for longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I don't know if this happened all over the country this weekend but it was in my parish.

I can't believe this crowd have the nerve to stand outside chapels at a time when people are struggling to put food on the table and pay their bills; and this shower of ****ers that got us into this mess and took every penny they could from people are standing there looking for people to willingly give them more as if they are a charity. :mad:

Also I wonder is only the Catholic churches they beg at; do they do the same at Protestant churches, Mosques etc? I suppose Fine Gael and Labour will be out next weekend rattling their buckets :eek:

If people are stupid enough to still go to church and swallow all that guff they are told there, especially with all the revelations that have been made about the industrial schools gulag, kiddy-fiddling, the cover up and so on, why are you surprised that some of them have still not copped on to what a crowd of tossers Fianna Fail are?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

yoyo wrote: »
    Some neck they have, of course they'll do well come next election as I doubt people are happy with this current shower and mostly have a short term memory :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nick

Yep, Joe public sure is thick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

The sort of people still supporting the Catholic church in Ireland are the sort of people still supporting Fianna Fail.

Seems like a perfectly logical place to collect to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

yoyo wrote: »

Nick

Brace yourself for Sinn Fein.

humbert wrote: »
    The sort of people still supporting the Catholic church in Ireland are the sort of people still supporting Fianna Fail.

Seems like a perfectly logical place to collect to me.

No real logic in that at all.

I give money to war veterans, love their community work.
    Therefore i have helped destroy the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Rabies wrote: »

I didn't imply any causal connection :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I don't really have a problem with this. I think it's always a little distasteful to collect money for a political party outside a place of worship, but not disrespectful or 'wrong'.

As Pushtrak said, if you don't like it just decline from contributing a donation.

People get worked up too easily sometimes. I'm not saying you are at all OP, I'm talking about attitudes to FF in general. If you don't like them, fine; just ignore them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Rabies wrote: »

I can't beleive someone compared War Veterans to a Political party of corrupt traitors and an organisation that actively protects pedophiles and allowed to wreak havoc on society. Both the Catholic Church and Fianna Fail should be banned and they are the sort of thing wrong with Ireland.

humbert wrote: »
    I didn't imply any causal connection :confused:

ok, my bad.
    read it wrong

/throws coppers in FF war chest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Corrupt scum who financially raped the country looking for money off the supporters of a bunch of scumbags who raped kids.

Lie down with dogs and all that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

if i went to mass , id certainly hock a greener into it on the way in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

later12 wrote: »
    I don't really have a problem with this. I think it's always a little distasteful to collect money for a political party outside a place of worship, but not disrespectful or 'wrong'.

As Pushtrak said, if you don't like it just decline from contributing a donation.

People get worked up too easily sometimes. I'm not saying you are at all OP, I'm talking about attitudes to FF in general. If you don't like them, fine; just ignore them.

I do agree that people get worked up too easily. I'm not at all worked up about it, I just think they have a nerve. I totally accept charities collecting; some I give to, some I don't. But a political party, not a hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Stinicker wrote: »
    Both the Catholic Church and Fianna Fail should be banned and they are the sort of thing wrong with Ireland.
    When is banning an organisation ever the answer?

You have to address the social disorders that cause citizens to tolerate abuse or corruption; banning either organisation would work wonders for their respective memberships.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

later12 wrote: »
    When is banning an organisation ever the answer?

You have to address the social disorders that cause citizens to tolerate abuse or corruption; banning either organisation would work wonders for their respective memberships.
    In this case banning FF might just clear out those whose only interest is in handy backhanders.

Maybe not ban membership of the party, just ban representatives from standing for election until they can prove that their taxes, and incomes are squeaky clean and have some sort of supergrass hotline.

At present there is no incentive to rat out corrupt politicians as you are more likely to go to jail even if it's shown that they were corrupt. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

was bagman there?

or maybe he was in the confession box confessing all his sins and transgressions. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Brace yourself for Sinn Fein.

sure they will just wait til FF lodge the money in a bank and then kidnap the manager's wife and rob the bank later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It was some pro life crowd at my nephews communion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

FF can collect anywhere they like, just as long as they never offer to pack my groceries in a supermarket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement