Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergy test

Options
  • 20-05-2012 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

hi all could somebody please pm me or post some details of an allergy test company or person they would reccomend in the munster region. i have had one done already in dublin but i am dubious of the results, so before i go and change my whole diet so that i can exclude yeast etc from it i would like a recommended second opinion. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

SEVERA wrote: »
    hi all could somebody please pm me or post some details of an allergy test company or person they would reccomend in the munster region. i have had one done already in dublin but i am dubious of the results, so before i go and change my whole diet so that i can exclude yeast etc from it i would like a recommended second opinion. thanks.

I'm looking to get a diet allergy test done. Did you get one done in Dublin, could you PM me the details and maybe say why you are dubious of result?. Tx.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

A friend of mine went to this crowd - they do skin prick testing, which a consultant told me is one of the better ways of testing - he said to stay away from blood tests, as they are highly variable. Anyways, my friend has excluded all the foods she was told to avoid and it really made a huge difference to her rhinitis, it is practically gone (if she stays off the offending foods)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭SEVERA

i will go and poke it out leslie , i know its in my bedroom but so are 10,000 other things. when i find it it i will post you the details. but i think it was in the tallagh shopping center a Chinese medicine, natural products type shop. i happened to go in there for some acupuncture for some back and neck pain i was having ,and i just saw the sign for an allergy test so i thought i would try it, as i was also feeling very tired a lot and had lost mental focus with alot of simple everyday things. they just pulled a few ribs of hair from my head put them in a bag and said they would post me the results, which showed i had an intolerance to yeast and a few other things but mainly yeast. why i am dubious is because i am normally quiet cautious when it comes to health issues and normally only use a service that others would recommend, this time i didnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Wow thanks so much guys, defo gonna check all these places out.

Advertisement