Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to spell assess

Options
  • 20-05-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I've googled and used one line Dictionary, but this is one word that confuses me, as there are several meanings.

In relation to a builder or survey coming out to decided what is the cause of a problem that arises post work.

deciding / making a judgement as to what is the problem, ie. assessing or to assess the situation.

I came up with assess, which is the word I want to use but it still doesn't look right, or am I loosing it.
    don't answer that

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Looks correct to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I thought there should have been a c in it somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I think it's correct

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Asses as in donkeys, or assess as in to assess if you're loosing it or not? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

*losing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Assess is correct.

I think, and sincerely hope that you're messing with "loosing". But it still hurts my eyes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I thought there should have been a c in it somewhere.

your thinks of access,

I.E in gaining entry to something

"I need access to the bank vault"

assess is spelt correctly

Advertisement