Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New step - car marketing !

Options
  • 20-05-2012 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just thinking to myself here...

My IT business going ok for the last two years ,all based on word of mouth and recommendations !
    But i need more clients and more opportunity or ... better failures to say so !!
    I have a MPV that i use on a daily basis,is not bad but i need to show that i am prepared to invest in my business and get a dedicated car.

I am serious thinking to buy a commercial van,kind of Mitsubishi Pajero or Toyota LandCruiser and run a full car branding logo and/or ads on the back and on the both sides of the van.
    That will increase my visibility ,my presence and ,while parked in a one of my customers business estate may create follow-ups over the web or phones.Or by driving around city whle doing my service calls or visits.Or just parked for a cup of coffee ... :)

Not sure about what type of van exactly i am going to buy,i don't cary too much on a daily base except my arse.
    Not sure if i'm prepared to spend 5-7k on a good van or just 2-3k on a smaller van,just to make my presence out there...
    Also,i don't want the hassle of knowing that i have to pay every month for car finance to a bank either !
    I've looked for companies that does van branding ,found few of them locally and i am going to approach them next week,for advice re design,logo and prices.

My question to you people ,that went through this stage and decision time ... how did you do it !?? Why ? When ?

Please feel free to share your experience...

Thanks in advance.
    Regards

Does car marketing works for your business ? 2 votes

Yes !
    0% 0 votes
    No !
    50% 1 vote
    Depends by industry type because...
    0% 0 votes
    Depends by car/van type because...
    50% 1 vote
    Not a good times to invest in to !
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

why not get a magnetic one as a trial and stick on the side and rear of the car.
    it would be cheaper and a good trial.
    vistaprint do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Do you think vehicle branding would give a better return on investment than the equivalent amount in, say, adwords?

Vehicle advertising is very passive. It's good for reinforcing the brand, making you appear more professional and established etc. But I doubt it's comparable to the value you get from paying to put yourself in front of people actually looking for your services, clicking on your link and picking up the phone all in a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Cianos wrote: »
    Do you think vehicle branding would give a better return on investment than the equivalent amount in, say, adwords?

Vehicle advertising is very passive. It's good for reinforcing the brand, making you appear more professional and established etc. But I doubt it's comparable to the value you get from paying to put yourself in front of people actually looking for your services, clicking on your link and picking up the phone all in a few seconds.

it depends on your budget. roi and if.your adwords actually get clicked.
    if you've adwords you'll need a website yo back it up.

Advertisement