Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name change

Options
  • 20-05-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

If i register and change my name, will past posts show my new or old name? and will people be able to reply to my old messages (which were sent with my old username)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Your account is made unique by its UID, not the username, so a changed username only changes the username shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

how do i subscribe? cant find the option, thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Spear wrote: »

Don't want to start a new thread, just see that only subscribers can change their username so probably if I have a few accounts and want to merge them I need to be subscribed as well? Or it is impossible in general? Thanks

Jemmaa wrote: »
    Don't want to start a new thread, just see that only subscribers can change their username so probably if I have a few accounts and want to merge them I need to be subscribed as well? Or it is impossible in general? Thanks

What do you mean by a few accounts? Why would you have multiple accounts in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Thank you

Some of those were needless at least. The notifications can just be turned off in your User CP, under default thread subscription mode.

But you'll need to email hello at boards.ie to prove who you are and arrange a merge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement