Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best & Safest place to live in County Dublin with 4 kids.

Options
  • 21-05-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm looking for safest place to live in either dublin or county Dublin with my 4 kids. And or any other county but must not less than an hour drive to dublin. Any idea places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Look for somewhere that has stuff to do for kids. The more stuff there is for kids, the less bored anti-social kids there are, usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Clontarf is a nice quiet area,15mins from city centre.You should state your budget, do you want a house with a large garden, 4bedrooms.
    something like this
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=640102
    see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clontarf,_Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aatidot

riclad, i just check the link u gave me, but 3 bedroom to rent is expensive there in Contarf. I'm looking for a detached house like 1000 a month. And i would like a safe place for kids and minimum an hour drive to dublin city. Its just for couples and 4 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If you dont mind being a bit outside the city then somewhere like Naas might be worth considering? About an hours drive into Dublin at busy times (less than 30 minutes at night) and the rents should be cheaper than Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,522 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That's a very subjective question. I'd say killiney, someone else will say somewhere else.

Have you any family in Dublin. I always think having family near is a big bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Maybe Kingswood or Firhouse. You wouldn't burn up the same diesel as if you were an hour from Dublin (Arklow etc!)
    http://www.myhome.ie/lettings/brochure/ashfield-avenue-kingswood-dublin-24/1881130
    http://www.myhome.ie/lettings/brochure/glencarrig-green-firhouse-dublin-24/1912468

jd, thanks, but i can never even allow my dog to live in dublin 24. Thats tallaght side and firhouse. Tallaght is one of the badest and dangerous place in Ireland. I heard that Carlingford is the best and safest place to live in Ireland. How true is this? Is there any other places like carlingford, but like an hour drive from dublin??? I need more idea places pls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

^^^^

Rather you than me post that comment, plenty of decent people come from Tallaght, but as another poster said its all about what your perception of what is good and what is bad is vital

I mean if I could I would live any where in the Dun Laoghaire/Rath Down county council catchment area

But you said you have a budget of 1000euro so really if your living in Dublin its going to be Tallaght, Lucan, Clondalkin, and a lot of the north side of Dublin (sorry to the north siders if that sounds sweeping its not meant to )

or if you living outside Dublin then your looking at Kildare, which you have Celbridge, Maynooth, Newbridge, then Wicklow with Greystones, and around that area or Co Meath, which has bettystown, laytown, Navan

your better off logging into daft.ie and picking the counties surrounding dublin, putting in your budget and how many rooms etc you want and seeing what comes up, and then posting them and asking what people think as what you are asking is too much of an open question

aatidot wrote: »
    jd, thanks, but i can never even allow my dog to live in dublin 24. Thats tallaght side and firhouse. Tallaght is one of the badest and dangerous place in Ireland.
    I don't live there myself but I'd take issue with that comment. Tallaght is as big as Limerick City and the areas I have mentioned are quite settled and respectable. Take a drive that way and take a look for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Thought it with my first reply to you, you're a troll and a badly disguised one at that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

must not less than an hour drive to dublin.
    aatidot wrote:
    minimum an hour drive to dublin city

I'm confused. Do you want to be near Dublin or at least an hour away from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

jd, thanks, but i can never even allow my dog to live in dublin 24. Thats tallaght side and firhouse. Tallaght is one of the badest and dangerous place in Ireland. I heard that Carlingford is the best and safest place to live in Ireland. How true is this? Is there any other places like carlingford, but like an hour drive from dublin??? I need more idea places pls.
    You wouldnt allow your dog to live there? Jesus. Its Tallaght not South Central. Badest?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Beaumont, santry, clonsilla dublin 15 ,go to daft ie,
    search max rent 1000 euro ,see what areas come up.
    i presume post re killiney is a joke.
    ITS about the most expensive area to live in ireland.
    I hear naas is very boring,not alot to do, nearer city centre would be handier for you.
    see http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/dublin/santry/
    turnapin cottages 3 bed 920 euro per month.
    omni center ,with uci cinema within walking distance,
    santry is a nice quiet area.
    try and get house .not on the swords road,
    traffic is heavy on that road 8am til 8pm.euro
    you,d probably get house in lucan, round 900 per month.
    beaumont ,is quieter, not so much traffic.

riclad, i'm impressed with your post.... U're right ! I think santry is ok and safe and close to city centre too?

@ wyndham, yes i mean an hour away from Dublin. Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,522 ✭✭✭✭ted1

riclad wrote: »
    Beaumont, santry, clonsilla dublin 15 ,go to daft ie,
    search max rent 1000 euro ,see what areas come up.
    i presume post re killiney is a joke.
    ITS about the most expensive area to live in ireland.
    I hear naas is very boring,not alot to do, nearer city centre would be handier for you.
    see http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/dublin/santry/
    turnapin cottages 3 bed 920 euro per month.
    omni center ,with uci cinema within walking distance,
    santry is a nice quiet area.
    try and get house .not on the swords road,
    traffic is heavy on that road 8am til 8pm.euro
    you,d probably get house in lucan, round 900 per month.
    beaumont ,is quieter, not so much traffic.
    No, there's great value in killiney. You can get a nice three bed for about 1100.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

edellc wrote: »
    Celbridge, Maynooth
    Also Leixlip :P

Maynooth will have artificially high rents, due to the student population guaranteeing competition and a higher rent. That said, there are some nicer house away from the college.

Maynooth and Celbridge both have train-stations that bring you into Connolly Station and Heuston Station respectively, and both have Dublin Buses that bring you into the city centre.

Celbridge is nice; know a few people who lived there, and they found it good. Leixlip... I'm biased; I live here. Nice place.

Lucan; okay are, no train-station, but lots of buses. Avoid Adamstown. Not a total ghost-town anymore, but I wouldn't live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭yellowtrout

How dare you say Tallaght is the baddest and most dangerous place to live?!
    Have you actually lived in Tallaght? All parts of it?
    I grew up there and I've experienced zero crime-in fact, I had my car damaged seven times when I lived in a well known "posh" part of Dublin.
    Tallaght is a brilliant place to live.
    Oh and it's "baddest", not "badest".

No, tallaght is very bad bad, i can give u two example like'' Killinarden, hazelgroove, firhouse, etc.. Those places and more are full of touts and thugs, its either they stab or u get rubed by the drunk bad gangs, especially the teens, and the young guys. Tallaght is very worst. Probably u're lucky u haven't experience, lot of people i know complaining same. Tallaght is not a good place to live. Not even jobstown, sundale, etc..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tallaght would be one of the safest areas to live in Dublin.
    Living here for 40 years - great place.
    I will admit, it used to be rough about 30 years ago - not now though.

U got it wrong. Probably let not be over sentimental

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How have I got it wrong?
    Living here 40 years - great place.
    I think whoever told you it was bad were having you on.
    Move to Tallaght - great place for kids and less than an hour to the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

F1ngers wrote: »

How have I got it wrong?
    Living here 40 years - great place.
    I think whoever told you it was bad were having you on.
    Move to Tallaght - great place for kids and less than an hour to the city center.

I think like everyplace tallaght has its good And bad parts but I think to really know a place u have to live there like yourself
    Bray and grey stones quiet good places to live good travel networks to Dublin city centre

No, tallaght is very bad bad, i can give u two example like'' ,, firhouse, etc..
    Firhouse (M0nalea, Carriglea) is not remotely like how you say it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Never heard a bad word about firhouse!!

I lived in Tallaght before, its the most worst. Stabbing, get rubed, got hited at night, drunkers rip u off, especiall killinarden, hazelgroove. bunch of touts and thugs... urgly dirty armrubber and thiefs, they're all jobless.. All they want is ur belongings, ur money, and nearly harm ur kids.. broke into your house door in day time. To cut it short, tallaght is the worst i've ever seen... Nothing anybody can say to make me hve positive mind for tallaght. Yes u're right kazzark79, i heard bray and greystone are very good place to live. I'll check that out. thnks

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭yellowtrout

Jesus you've some bad spelling and grammar issues.
    I take it you've never lived in Tallaght so keep your offensive comments to yourself and perhaps purchase a dictionary too darling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ok- lets remain civil towards one another.
    If you disagree with what someone posts- refute it factually, without attacking another poster. Failure to comply with this- will result in a ban for you alongside your posts being moderated/deleted.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

swords is the answer to your question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement