Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best & Safest place to live in County Dublin with 4 kids.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

MY advice is where ever you go ,make sure theres no council estate down the road,swords is good .But its far from town ,if you dont have a car, santry,beaumont 15mins on a bus from city centre.
    MY friend was in a lovely apartment , but the kids from the council flats half a mile a way ,were hanging round,causing trouble ,trying to rob cars parked outside the building.
    ie you might be living in area x, but if you have to pass a large council
    estate to go to shops,school etc it might not be ideal for you.
    i,m not a snob ,if you have 1000 euro to pay for rent,
    i would not advise a newcomer ,to start looking in tallaght ,
    When you can afford to live in santry or swords.
    you have to think im living in area x, what schools will my kids be going to?
    There is some very nice estates in swords ,it has a good range of shops .

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭yellowtrout

smccarrick wrote: »
    Ok- lets remain civil towards one another.
    If you disagree with what someone posts- refute it factually, without attacking another poster. Failure to comply with this- will result in a ban for you alongside your posts being moderated/deleted.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

I apologise, I just got annoyed that someone is constantly insulting an area that I, along with others, know is perfectly fine and it's people like that who give places a bad name.
    But you're right, shouldn't have resorted to immature comments.

I,D assume theres estates in tallaght ,where at this point, 95 per cent of houses are owner,occupied and nice to live in and Theres also private estates which are very quiet and peaceful and as safe to live in as any other area like santry or swords.I just drove thru it a few times and went to the square
    so i,m not exactly an expert on that area.
    i lived in Santry for 2 years, so i,m more qualified to give advice on that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Seriously, who thinks Firhouse and Kingswood are rough, seriously like? They're middle class areas.

As I posted in another thread, there's an east -west divide in Tallaght, generally the further west you go the worse it gets. Firhouse is perfectly fine, Kingswood, still nice but a little further down the scale, Kilnamanagh a little further down again but still definately fine to live in. Fettercairn and Jobstown are fairly bad area's to live.

OP, if you think Firhouse is a "bad" area you're going to have massive trouble finding a detached house for 6 people in Dublin for €1000 a month. You won't be able to find anything in the likes of Donnybrook, Blackrock, Sandymount, Dalkey, Clontarf, Drumcondra, Castleknock, Howth, Ranelagh etc. for that sort of price so you'd better start revising your expectations downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭yellowtrout

Seriously, who thinks Firhouse and Kingswood are rough, seriously like? They're middle class areas.

As I posted in another thread, there's an east -west divide in Tallaght, generally the further west you go the worse it gets. Firhouse is perfectly fine, Kingswood, still nice but a little further down the scale, Kilnamanagh a little further down again but still definately fine to live in. Fettercairn and Jobstown are fairly bad area's to live.

OP, if you think Firhouse is a "bad" area you're going to have massive trouble finding a detached house for 6 people in Dublin for €1000 a month. You won't be able to find anything in the likes of Donnybrook, Blackrock, Sandymount, Dalkey, Clontarf, Drumcondra, Castleknock, Howth, Ranelagh etc. for that sort of price so you'd better start revising your expectations downwards.

Totally agree-Firhouse has always been a nice area to live in and Old Bawn and Ballycragh are quiet too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 aatidot

If u said so, so tell me, how come across i get rubed in firhouse twice? How come across my mum get rubed her bag and stuffs and ended up in hospital? How come across some of my friend get stabed in firhouse close to the spar at night? All was at firhouse.

Yellowtrout, whatever name u like u can call me, if u like u can corse me, thats ur cup of tea. I dont care. U cannot force me to like where i dont like, and u cannot force me to say positive things to where i've not experinced positive there. And anyone that said i should check dictionary bcos of anything can go and hit the wall. No one is forced to reply to my question. If u know my question does not make sense to u, pls shush ur mouth and get busy with a scooter.

riclad, you're so wise and smart. U've been making sense here. U know the different between good and bad. The handwriting has already written on the wall. My questions is very straightforward to you and u're answering me with the best answers...

God bless u SMcCarrick

I know a boards member, techie, lives in a private estate ,in the middle of clonsilla,thats a nice area.Good acess to shopping centre, roselawn shopping centre and blanch centre ,and theres the aquatic centre ,a few miles way, ,nice place to go with kids.
    Should be possible to get a house there 1000 euro per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

aatidot wrote: »
    If u said so, so tell me, how come across i get rubed in firhouse twice? How come across my mum get rubed her bag and stuffs and ended up in hospital? How come across some of my friend get stabed in firhouse close to the spar at night? All was at firhouse.

Yellowtrout, whatever name u like u can call me, if u like u can corse me, thats ur cup of tea. I dont care. U cannot force me to like where i dont like, and u cannot force me to say positive things to where i've not experinced positive there. And anyone that said i should check dictionary bcos of anything can go and hit the wall. No one is forced to reply to my question. If u know my question does not make sense to u, pls shush ur mouth and get busy with a scooter.

riclad, you're so wise and smart. U've been making sense here. U know the different between good and bad. The handwriting has already written on the wall. My questions is very straightforward to you and u're answering me with the best answers...

If your friends and family have the same attitude as you its no wonder you's were treated badly in Tallaght,I have no connection to Tallaght and even I take offence to your statements so I can only imagine how people from D24 feel about you,and your right,nobody is forced to reply to your question but when you post on a public forum and insult peoples home town they are allowed defend it as alot of them are very proud of where they come from.

OP, no one is "forcing" you to live anywhere. However if you think Firhouse is a "really bad" area you're going to be in for a very, very rude awakening when you see how far €1000 goes towards a detached house for 6 people in Dublin. Get used to area's a lot worse than Firhouse.

• Advertisement

Triple-M, get busy as u're not forced replying to my question. So, suit ursef. I dont need ur reply. If u're not reasonable with my question pls dont bother. U can keep the reply to yourself, or go to other thread topic. It is very obvious that u're one of those tout and thugs in Tallaght, if not, u would interrupt to what's not ur business. We're all here to learn, answer good question and get good answer from someone like riclad, not you.

If I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails. But i dont need ur opinion pls......

HavingCrack, you're one of the troublemakers in Firhouse, if not u wont have any say to what is not ur business. A simple answer deserves a straigh question. If u're an illiterate, then dont bother to reply.

HavingCrack, you're one of the troublemakers in Firhouse, if not u wont have any say to what is not ur business. A simple answer deserves a straigh question. If u're an illiterate, then dont bother to reply.

:pac: You are referring to me as illiterate? Oh my, you really are a most excellent fellow. Troublemaker in Firhouse, am I? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

How dare you say Tallaght is the baddest and most dangerous place to live?!
    Have you actually lived in Tallaght? All parts of it?
    I grew up there and I've experienced zero crime-in fact, I had my car damaged seven times when I lived in a well known "posh" part of Dublin.
    Tallaght is a brilliant place to live.
    Oh and it's "baddest", not "badest".

And certainly not "worst" ... ;)

Silence is the best answer.. I bet u, u will be removed from this site if u reply with any abusive word again...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dublinman12

Silence is the best answer.. I bet u, u will be removed from this site if u reply with any abusive word again...

To be honest you are coming accross like a 5 year old child who got hold of daddys laptop....

You will struggle to find many houses for a 1,000 euro in Firhouse anyway..Its a lovely area and if you got "rubed" then thats too bad...But i've never heard a bad word about Firhouse in fact ive heard all good words...so you are in fact insulting a lot of people on here..

Why dont you look for a house on daft and stop behaving like a child?

seems like you have watched too many episodes of the wire...

What about Drimnagh,Crumlin,Donaghmede?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Check on Daft.ie, but you'll honestly struggle to find what you're looking for on that budget, you might need to reassess your attitude to certain areas of Dublin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

aatidot- you are the one who has been abusive towards other posters, alongside denigrating several different areas of Dublin. I am giving you an official warning here and now. If you want to continue to have access to this forum- read the forum charter- and alongside the official rules use a little common sense.

If you disagree with what someone else posts- refute their post, without attacking the poster.

I don't know where you think this forum is- it is not the wild west, and we will not allow bad behaviour such as you are displaying.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

whats getting "rubed" I heard of getting robbed but not rubed do they come up and start rubbing your arm or something, :confused::D

and where is there a spar in firhouse??, i know there is one at the old mill but thought that was part of tallaght the only other shop I know in firhouse is supervalue or the firhouse store

OP Tallaght is a big big area with settled older estates and younger not so settled ones, if you dont want to live there thats fine, I dont know the area so I would be weary myself of moving there but thats just because I dont know the area

But like others and I have said earlier you are going to be hard pressed to find what you are looking for on your budget, so either up the rental amount you pay or lower your standards because you are not going to find a house that fits 6 people for 1000euro a month in a "what you perceive as a well to do area"

Most rentals are for only a year so why not pick an area rent for the year if you like it renew if not move, thats the benefit of renting

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If u're an illiterate
    Um. The irony...

=-=

How about you list the places in Dublin that you don't want to stay in? It seems every safe place in Dublin you have been robbed, stabbed, or no someone who was. FYI; there is no province in Dublin that is totally safe; each has their bad estates that you avoid. Unfortunately, safety comes at a price. If you pay low dollar, you only have yourself to blame when you get "rubbed" in some hellhole.

• Advertisement

SMcCarrick , you are racist. You're what i heard about u. Sentimental and discrimination under the racial relation act 1975. I can see by myself clearly now that you are typical racist. No wonder others have been telling me i will soon experience this from u. Keep your site to racists like u. Now i believe what i've eard about you SMcCarrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

^^^^^

ah now come on how the hell can he be racist, its you that has been abusive towards others who have posted and not the other way round, he has clearly pointed out the forum rules that is all.

If you take offensive from it that is your issue no ones else's, you dont seem to have a nice attitude and if you treat people with the attitude you have then you get it in return

I think this will be the end of this thread purely because of your abusive behaviour and not because smccarrick is being racist (which he isn't)

SMcCarrick , you are racist. You're what i heard about u. Sentimental and discrimination under the racial relation act 1975. I can see by myself clearly now that you are typical racist. No wonder others have been telling me i will soon experience this from u. Keep your site to racists like u. Now i believe what i've eard about you SMcCarrick

Frankly, as you are incapable of being civil towards other posters (or the forum moderators)- you have just earned yourself a ban from this forum.

I have no idea how or why you are trying to play some sort of a racism card- I don't know you from Adam- and if you spoke to anyone who actually knows me- you'd discover quite quickly just how wrong you are.

Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Sentimental racist LOL

Banned, and thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement