Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People yanking their deposits at all ATM's and Banks in Dublin

Options
  • 21-05-2012 4:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What's the story with last week? Everyone seems to be yanking their money and the queues were unusually long at all ATM's and also within the bank's themselves. I'm not just talking about one bank - every bank in Dublin seemed to be busy with people withdrawing. What's the event? Is there any issues at the moment with the Greek thing? How does it work out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Didn't notice anything similar in Cork during the week.

As this is your first post, I doubt the motives of this OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Softshell

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    Didn't notice anything similar in Cork during the week.

As this is your first post, I doubt the motives of this OP.

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and read previous threads but there's no intro section on the Banks area. No motives - I just say what I observe.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

I was around Dublin and Meath over the weekend and didn't notice any unusual activity. Given that most ATM machines have an upper limit on what you can withdraw of a few hundred euro, if people were concerned about the safety of their deposits, they wouldn't be using an ATM to withdraw them. Besides, it's usually current accounts that have ATM cards; not deposit accounts.

I'd imagine that there was some local reason why you noticed queues at the ATM machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,386 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I was around Dublin and Meath over the weekend and didn't notice any unusual activity. Given that most ATM machines have an upper limit on what you can withdraw of a few hundred euro, if people were concerned about the safety of their deposits, they wouldn't be using an ATM to withdraw them. Besides, it's usually current accounts that have ATM cards; not deposit accounts.

I'd imagine that there was some local reason why you noticed queues at the ATM machines.

I'm guessing there wasn't, and this is some journo trying to create a panic and some news (new account? 4am? Straight in here? Come on!).

Also, how does one "yank a deposit"? Or do I really want to know?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Think this thread is started by a "Yanker":D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Kapitalflucht. If Ireland leaves the Euro, the punt will devalue to a lot less than 0.787564, or whatever it was. Get your Euros in to a German bank or else hold the readies under the bed in case there are future restrictions on withdrawing money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Kapitalflucht. If Ireland leaves the Euro, the punt will devalue to a lot less than 0.787564, or whatever it was. Get your Euros in to a German bank or else hold the readies under the bed in case there are future restrictions on withdrawing money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

People filling their pockets with cash in advance of a trip to the pub I would say - It was a busy sporting weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Unusually the ATM which is actually in the pub I was at, still had plenty of cash at 10pm on saturday night. It's usually been cleared out by dinner time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

homer911 wrote: »
    People filling their pockets with cash in advance of a trip to the pub I would say - It was a busy sporting weekend!

Yep the airport was jammers too. Lots of people heading off.

whaddya mean the bank's got no money?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Perhaps they were taking out first communion money. Perhaps Dunnes had a sale. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps..

/end pointless thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement