Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

PaulieC wrote: »
    Would agree with that - the price, the amount of games played, the bizarrely stupid loans to AC

Everything about it was disastrous.

The stories about him pretending to be injured so he wouldn't be picked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I thought Kalou had a good season, the one before last. He's very inconsistent, but hardly think he'd be a signing nightmare.

Have to say i'd be in this camp too. Would he be worth 10 million or something? No.

If he was brought in on a free, without being bent over a barrel on wages, he might be quite a good signing. He can be absolutely fantastic at times when he has a run of games, and certainly offers something we don't have. He is still only 26...

The key thing really is his cost.

Really, there aren't too many complete players in the wing forward positions we're going to be able to sign - it's one of the most expensive positions to fill. They will either have to be out of favour where they are, inexperienced, or on a free (and even then they'll likely select champions league teams).

Of the ones in this catagory to fit Rodgers style, I'd like us to take a serious look at Krasic. Technically, he's excellent. Has a huge workrate, can beat a man and come inside, or put in a decent cross, and has plenty of pace, and can score a goal - WHEN his head is right. When it's not, he looks like he has done a lot of the time for Juve. I think it'd be worth the staff chatting with him and seeing what they think. If he was up for the change - really up for it, not just money - he'd be worth a punt I think.

Also, Elia is a lot better than Babel.

Totally, there are much better signings out there,and I'd be fairly unimpressed if we paid over 5m, I'm just not in the 'he's crap, full stop' bracket. I've always considered him a threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

still think konchescky is our worst ever signing considering his ability and we let 2 very good youth prospects go as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

amiable wrote: »
    The stories about him pretending to be injured so he wouldn't be picked
    Were something that I chose to ignore tbh - they were stories, most likely of a fabricated nature also I'd imagine.

PaulieC wrote: »
    Were something that I chose to ignore tbh - they were stories, most likely of a fabricated nature also I'd imagine.

He seems too eager to get away from Liverpool.
    I think there's truth to the stories.
    Time to get rid of him as if he wanted to play for Liverpool he'd have made it clear by now IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

For anyone not watching the Portugal V Denmark game, Agger just made a tackle that says to me that we'd be much more fcuked if he left, over Skrtel. We just need to do everything possible to keep the guy fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Dr Galen wrote: »
    For anyone not watching the Portugal V Denmark game, Agger just made a tackle that says to me that we'd be much more fcuked if he left, over Skrtel. We just need to do everything possible to keep the guy fit.

Great tackle surely but he gave the ball away pretty stupidly just before that. Twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I only saw one of those, was making tea. I'd take your point, but in fairness up til about now, the Danes have been a bit crap in the second half, not a lot of options showing for the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Super again from Dagger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

2 great tackles but 2 poor passes in midfield too, one should have resulted in a goal.

• Advertisement

Can anybody recommend a decent LFC related podcast? I`ve started cycling a bit lately and like an old podcast while I`m out and about of an evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭klose

Denmark have Agger up front now!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Can anybody recommend a decent LFC related podcast? I`ve started cycling a bit lately and like an old podcast while I`m out and about of an evening.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/

The business!

PFL wrote: »

Thanks for that. I`ll give it a go. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Thanks for that. I`ll give it a go. :)

To a large extent you've missed most of the good ones now that the season is over. If it isn't your cup of tea give it a go at the start of next season when it get's back into the swing of things.

News is a bit thin on the ground at the moment and the one's on during the summer are going to be a little more threadbare as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Daniel Agger has made the most interceptions at Euro 2012 (11). Agger also has a 100% tackle completion & 87% pass completion. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

-Ade- wrote: »
    Daniel Agger has made the most interceptions at Euro 2012 (11). Agger also has a 100% tackle completion & 87% pass completion. Class.

He needs to start kicking lumps outta players, missing clearances, wandering aimlessly out of position and scoring ogs for me to be happy with his euro performances. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hummels wouldn't score in a brothel :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

noodler wrote: »
    I am sorry if I have not bactracked enough into the thread for better context on this discussion but Aqualani is the worst Liverpool signing ever in my eyes.

You haven't back tracked enough :P

This discussion was about comparing other bad signings to the ship cling business aqua man turned out to be.

But I've just realised what Liverpool are needing; a German.

Our best teams of recent(ish) times have all contained a German.

We need Schweinhund in the middle, Gomez up front, and Hummels in defence.

Sorted.

Bring back Kaiser.

Rafa to Spurs. :[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Good lad is Agent Rafa. He'll make sure they finish outside the top 4...and swap Modric for Aquilani ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

its a rumour... If he gets it and takes top 4 and we don't progress ... then it'll be time to give up. Big ifs though. Redknapp rumours are around Levy cashing in on Bale and Modric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

If that happens I might have to give up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

*checks calendar*...no, it's not April Fools Day. Phew ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

oh dear god no
    any sources??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Dear god please don't let Rafa end up at Spurs :(

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

If Rafa ends up at Spurs I'd be very worried about our chances of cracking top 4 anytime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Would Levy give up full control to Rafa or would Rafa be happy not having full control in transfers? It's a relationship I just can't imagine working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What's the chance of us signing Ozil, Hummels and Gomez?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

OwaynOTT wrote: »

0.00000000000000000000000000000%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Very slim chance on signing any of those players I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Would Levy give up full control to Rafa or would Rafa be happy not having full control in transfers? It's a relationship I just can't imagine working.

There is no DOF at Spurs & by all accounts Levy is a treat to work for & incredibly competent. I wouldn't envisage Rafa having any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Rafa wanting full control of everything is something which happened as a result of the ineptitude of people around him. This seems to have grown into him being a power hungry monster.

I don't think he would've had a problem giving up control to people he feels are doing their jobs correctly. He grew increasing frustrated at Liverpool because so many people clearly weren't up to the job.

Opr

Slightly OT - Swansea look set to announce Michael Laudrup as the new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mr Alan wrote: »
    There is no DOF at Spurs & by all accounts Levy is a treat to work for & incredibly competent. I wouldn't envisage Rafa having any issues.

Would have to agree with that. An on his game Rafa with Levy backing him 100% is not what I would want to see at Spurs.

Spurs have a squad that I think have underachieved to a degree based on the quality they have. A more tactically savvy manager, along with one or two new players, could pay off big time for Spurs.

Fingers crossed that Moyes gets the Spurs job. Not so much because I think Moyes would do a particularly bad job, but just to see what would happen at Everton without Moyes. :D

I have heard quite the opposite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Is Levy the DOF basically? I mean he makes the signs does he not? I always thought he was the main guy behind most of their signings lately.

Mirror reporting Liverpool are set to sign Milos Krasic from Juventus for £6 mill

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ seems to be getting all the players he wants! What about the rest of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

For some reason I am extremely optimistic that we will be successful under Brendan Rodgers. I like the cut of his jib and I just can't shake the feeling that we may be onto something special here. Been a long time since I have been this excited for a new season to start!

Just felt the need to say that :)

P.S. Feel free to bookmark this and bring it up if it all goes horribly wrong* (it won't :P )

YNWA

Mirror reporting Liverpool are set to sign Milos Krasic from Juventus for £6 mill

google Milos Krasic and about 10 clubs are linked! Including West Ham earlier today.

Benzino wrote: »
    For some reason I am extremely optimistic that we will be successful under Brendan Rodgers. I like the cut of his jib and I just can't shake the feeling that we may be onto something special here. Been a long time since I have been this excited for a new season to start!

Just felt the need to say that :)

P.S. Feel free to bookmark this and bring it up if it all goes horribly wrong* (it won't :P )

YNWA

600.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would be an interesting signing if he was up for it. Things really went belly up for him at Juve and he pretty much burnt his bridges with the club and support after just one full season.

600.gif

I love the way he's just skipping away. Not a care in the world.

Yea, it's hilarious. He's like a little spring lamb god bless him.

Yea, it's hilarious. He's like a little spring lamb god bless him.

I couldn`t think what he reminded me of but that`s it...a little spring lamb...classic.

Would like if the gif started a couple of seconds earlier. Kind of misses the start.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

google Milos Krasic and about 10 clubs are linked! Including West Ham earlier today.
    Same can be said about lots of players

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement