Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Kess73 wrote: »
    Belhanda can play CM, AM, and CAM equally well

He must be amazing then. I honestly can't think of many players who've ever played football that can play those 3 and as a winger to a very high standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Just on Suso, if he has so much potential and going by how much talk he gets here would you not think he would have been in our squad at some point before now? Just wondering, to me it seems he could be going the way of many others down the years such as Kacaniklic, Anderson, Pacheco, Nemeth i could go on.

Dalle Valle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Just on Suso, if he has so much potential and going by how much talk he gets here would you not think he would have been in our squad at some point before now? Just wondering, to me it seems he could be going the way of many others down the years such as Kacaniklic, Anderson, Pacheco, Nemeth i could go on.

Dalle Valle.

He is only 18

He is only 18

He's 21 this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He must be amazing then. I honestly can't think of many players who've ever played football that can play those 3 and as a winger to a very high standard.

He is a very very good attacking player who has the skill and smarts to play in those positions.

Am not a big fan of putting up Youtube videos as they can be very misleading regarding players, but here are a few of Belhanda to give ya an eye how he passes, dribbles etc and also how he pops up all over the pitch. How he plays in the video is pretty much how he played all last season. A lot of people expected him to level off, but the guy just kept turning in good performance after good performance and you could see the guy actually improving month by month.

A fantastic talent.

He is only 18

He's 21 this year.

Suso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Am not a big fan of putting up Youtube videos as they can be very misleading regarding players, but here are a few of Belhanda to give ya an eye how he passes, dribbles etc and also how he pops up all over the pitch.

Aquilani looked great in his Youtube videos. You're right to say they can give a false impression...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

monkey9 wrote: »
    That the new Liverpool away jersey?? Horrible!! I'd rather a purple one with grey sleeves!!

I Just think its weird no one thanked pic when i posted it LOL
    Yet Thanked same pic 30 mins later:P
    New guy eh,,,,,,Or am i.......:P

Suso

I mentioned Dalle Valle as an addendum to the list. Why you posted Suso's age I don't know (considering others mentioned are also much older than Suso).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ciaranmac wrote: »
    Aquilani looked great in his Youtube videos. You're right to say they can give a false impression...

thats unfair though, Aquilani was very good for Roma, it isnt just YouTube videos...

Suso

I mentioned Dalle Valle as an addendum to the list. Why you posted Suso's age I don't know (considering others mentioned are also much older than Suso).

I'm pointing out that is ridiculous to even think about writing off his pool career at 18, especially when there is no one else at the club of any age who can control and pass a ball as well as him.

I wasn't specifically addressing you.

Dalla Valle was a makeweight in the konchesky transfer. one of the more ridiculous bits of business the club has done in recent years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He didn't just quote you, he inserted the quote from the previous chap too, so I presume the point is that there's no point talking about suso being a has been and worrying about his lack of inclusion at 18.

Kacaniklic isnt the best example either as Roy swapped him when he was hugely rated and he's already starting premiership games for fulham.

Suso may make it. He may not. He's certainly better than the vast vast majority of 18 year olds.

thats unfair though, Aquilani was very good for Roma, it isnt just YouTube videos...

And by all accounts was very good for us when he played.
    I'm pointing out that is ridiculous to even think about writing off his pool career at 18, especially when there is no one else at the club of any age who can control and pass a ball as well as him.

Dalla Valle was a makeweight in the konchesky transfer. one of the more ridiculous bits of business the club has done in recent years

Its still shocking to see him at 21, plying his trade for the likes of Dundee and Scunthorpe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ah here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He didn't just quote you, he inserted the quote from the previous chap too, so I presume the point is that there's no point talking about suso being a has been and worrying about his lack of inclusion at 18.

Kacaniklic isnt the best example either as Roy swapped him when he was hugely rated and he's already starting premiership games for fulham.

Suso may make it. He may not. He's certainly better than the vast vast majority of 18 year olds.
    It was my original post and i was certainly not running him down, i just hoenstly hear so much on here about him yet im not sure is it just more hype like previous players received. If hes the real deal then i'll be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Its still shocking to see him at 21, plying his trade for the likes of Dundee and Scunthorpe.

his game against Portsmouth was brilliant, motm and 2 assist iirc, but I'm not sure he's built for the EPL.

Ah here..

There isnt anyone at the club with better technical ability imo.

21 is still very young, and while he hasn't progressed like many thought he would he still has time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Makes me really really hope that he goes in for Belhanda as he has all those qualities to a very good level already
    Get a room :pac:

Seriously though, for all the talk of Belhanda (I've never watched him to be honest), have we actually been even linked with him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,825 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He clearly has ability and out of all our midfielders, he is probably the type of player who would suit a Swansea system most. Unfortunately though, you're more likely to see him fake an injury than actually play for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Seriously though, for all the talk of Belhanda (I've never watched him to be honest), have we actually been even linked with him?

Kenny went to watch him last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

There isnt anyone at the club with better technical ability imo.

I think he's very good and can't wait for him to break through but that's a bit of a mad comment. You'd have to see him play against proper opposition week in week out to make that judgement.

Yep we have been linked with him, and both Kenny and Clarke were at a decent number of Montpelier games last season as well as club scouts being regulars at Montpelier games and Toulouse games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yep we have been linked with him, and both Kenny and Clarke were at a decent number of Montpelier games last season as well as club scouts being regulars at Montpelier games and Toulouse games.

How happy would you be if Liverpool signed Belhanda and Sissoko but nobody else this summer? Would they be two players that could really push us on for top 4 or would we still need that winger and striker?

I know we need them anyway, but just wondering what your thoughts on the matter would be.

Also, does anyone know if Huntelaar actually extended his contract or does he only have a year left? If he is and we could get him for around the 15m mark it could be fantastic business I feel.

Wasn't too sure about him a year or two ago admittedly, but watched him a good bit since for Schalke and Holland and I honestly believe the guy can score goals at any level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

We are trying to sign Mbaye Niang from Caen apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

daithijjj wrote: »
    What's he all about then?

Knex. wrote: »
    How happy would you be if Liverpool signed Belhanda and Sissoko but nobody else this summer? Would they be two players that could really push us on for top 4 or would we still need that winger and striker?

I know we need them anyway, but just wondering what your thoughts on the matter would be.

Also, does anyone know if Huntelaar actually extended his contract or does he only have a year left? If he is and we could get him for around the 15m mark it could be fantastic business I feel.

Wasn't too sure about him a year or two ago admittedly, but watched him a good bit since for Schalke and Holland and I honestly believe the guy can score goals at any level.

I would be delighted if we signed them both as they would bring genuine quality to the first team and provide options, but I would not be happy if there was not a striker added as well at the very least.

If we signed say Belhanda, Borini, Sissoko and a good wide man, but failed to get Sigurdsson, it would still be a summer where our first team was made a lot stronger and those that get displaced from the first team could become cover.

If Skrtel was sold for big money and say Yanga-Mbiwa came in, I would say that our defence was no weaker at worst but probably a lot better in the long term.

To break them down a little.

Sissoko beside the Lucas of last season would be a hell of a central pairing. Lucas was well able to take on other midfield pairings last season with lesser players alongside him, so that Lucas paired with a player that is faster than Lucas, stronger than Lucas, as good in defence as Lucas, but better going forward would see us having a centre that not many teams would be getting the better of.

Now just in front of that pairing would be Belhanda, and he would drop back level with Lucas/Sissoko. he would roam to the left flank and to the right flank, and he would go straight down the centre to the other team's box. He would bring, in attacking terms, both guile and directness. He would provide a link between the midfield duo, the wide men , and the forward. He would be a playmake in the old fashioned number ten sense.

Now put Suarez in a wide forward position and put some quality in the other wide forward position. Those wing forwards would attack on their own flanks, but would interchange during games, and they would also have Belhanda that could interchange with them.

Then last but not least we put a striker that is mobile, with good positioning, with the ability to work with technical players, and most importantly the drive and ability to finish, and we suddenly have a first team that has the potential to improve dramatically upon the last few seasons. Good enough to challenge for 4th place? Maybe, maybe not. It would take all players hitting the ground running to get that, but it would be a team with a pretty young average age with plenty of current ability and with the potential to be really good.

As with last summer, we are still three to four first team players away from having a first team that can make a fight out of it in the league with the teams that came 3rs to 6th last season. As with the last few windows we are still pretty much needing to fill the exact same positions to get a cohesive first team. With luck this will be the summer that we get more signings right than we get question marks.

daithijjj wrote: »

He would be one for the future if we got him. Nowhere near ready for the first team. He gets some media mentions in France as one to watch, but even over there he is seen as potential more than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

PaulieC wrote: »
    What's he all about then?

A decent triple word score I'd say.

As comprehensive and informative as ever, thanks Kess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    As comprehensive and informative as ever, thanks Kess.
    Has to be done :pac:

tumblr_kzrwsqeTd31qztriio1_500.png

PaulieC wrote: »
    Has to be done :pac:

tumblr_kzrwsqeTd31qztriio1_500.png

In fairness to Kess, he always takes the time to write a proper, detailed response. I don't think I'd have the patience :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Still waiting for official confirmation (should be tomorrow) but the story seems to be gathering pace that Borini will be a Roma player.
    According to the latest reports, Roma placed a €4.9m bid for the remaining 50 per cent of Borini’s contract, beating Parma’s supposed €4.26m offer.

If this is the case, then the Giallorossi would own the striker outright.

Parma had been hoping to buy back Borini so they could then sell him on to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just on Suso. It's quite likely we will lose him in the coming year. The u19 Euros start around the beginning of July. From qualifying he looked one of Spain's best players, he wore the number 10 and played in the centre of midfield pulling the strings. If he shows any of the kind of form he did in qualifying then scouts will be all over him given he's in the last year of his contract. Fearful we will end up with our own Pogba situation.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

-Ade- wrote: »
    Still waiting for official confirmation (should be tomorrow) but the story seems to be gathering pace that Borini will be a Roma player.

Does that mean Roma want to keep him or sell him for more than Parma were willing to accept?

opr wrote: »
    Just on Suso. It's quite likely we will lose him in the coming year. The u19 Euros start around the beginning of July. From qualifying he looked one of Spain's best players, he wore the number 10 and played in the centre of midfield pulling the strings. If he shows any of the kind of form he did in qualifying then scouts will be all over him given he's in the last year of his contract. Fearful we will end up with our own Pogba situation.

Opr

I refuse to believe Segura and Borrell would let that happen.

Even if, as Borrell said (I believe he is being so hard on him because he knows how good he can be) Suso needs to work harder, he is still one of the 2/3 best youth prospects at the club.

Suso himself seems happy at the club (judging by his tweets, interviews and the fact that neither he or his agent are coming out looking for a move)

Don't know what's going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

opr wrote: »

Opr

He's at the age now where we should be looking to get a loan deal for him at another PL club.

We would then find out whether he is good enough to cut it at Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Lads been away for a few weeks with no Internet....

Can anyone tell me if theirs been an update on our dof type position or promotions for pep etc?

Cheers

Gafferino

djPSB wrote: »
    He's at the age now where we should be looking to get a loan deal for him at another PL club.

We would then find out whether he is good enough to cut it at Liverpool.

I think a loan to the championship is more realistic for this season - make sure he gets games.

I would prefer to keep him and start him in every EL, Carling Cup and FA Cup match. Same with Robinson, Kelly, Shelvey, Texeira and Sterling. Have them all involved in cup matches and have Lucas, Agger, Skrtel, Suarez etc rested for the league

• Advertisement

I think a loan to the championship is more realistic for this season - make sure he gets games.

I would prefer to keep him and start him in every EL, Carling Cup and FA Cup match. Same with Robinson, Kelly, Shelvey, Texeira and Sterling. Have them all involved in cup matches and have Lucas, Agger, Skrtel, Suarez etc rested for the league

Either way, he'll need first team football.

He's 19 later this year. Not a baby anymore.

djPSB wrote: »
    Either way, he'll need first team football.

He's 19 later this year. Not a baby anymore.

Definitely. We have been hopeless at using loans for our young players in recent years.

Even a move to League 1 with someone like MK Dons would be great for him.

The players who absolutely need to go on loan next season are Flanagan, Wisdom and Coady. All of them went backwards or stagnated last season and another year of reserve football (or, in Flanagan's case, no football) will do them no good.

Definitely. We have been hopeless at using loans for our young players in recent years.

Even a move to League 1 with someone like MK Dons would be great for him.

The players who absolutely need to go on loan next season are Flanagan, Wisdom and Coady. All of them went backwards or stagnated last season and another year of reserve football (or, in Flanagan's case, no football) will do them no good.

Even Shelvey if we had sufficient depth in midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

One of my biggest fears about the change in management was that we have so many young players on the verge of breaking through.

Sometimes at a club you can loose a few diamonds during a shake up, but with it being Rodgers (and his particular style) taking over I am hoping he all ready knows and sees our youth prospects, and starts future proofing by either starting our strategically loaning them out.

Afterall Rodgers himself is a past reserve manager and will (I hope) always have an eye on our academy, more so than anyone else.

We have a project up and running now for a number of years with Borrell & Segura that our new manager was head hunted to dove tail into .
    If we start hemorrhaging youth players then that would be the biggest indication that we (fans) have been sold a monkey .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hoki wrote: »
    Does that mean Roma want to keep him or sell him for more than Parma were willing to accept?

I wouldn't know what Roma's intentions would be, but at a guess, I think they'll want to keep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I love Kess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Im reading a few posts by people who feel our summer proposed targets are great but we are lacking any creativity from the right. Problem solved Reus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Im reading a few posts by people who feel our summer proposed targets are great but we are lacking any creativity from the right. Problem solved Reus.

According to wiki, he signed for Dortmund in January, 17.5m euros. Seems unlikely they are going to sell him to us, or even that he would want to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He's not even joined BVB yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Switch stew to the right

:pac:

Adam Digby - Italian football expert supposedly:

"Few thoughts on Parma's Fabio Borini U-turn & quick explantion of co-ownership for the #LFC fans who keep asking: The deadline passed at 18:00 UK time tonight so now both Parma & Roma have submitted a sealed bid for full ownership of the player. If Roma win I imagine they'll keep him but Parma, who seemed all set to just sell him to Roma, changed their minds this week leading many in Italy to speculate they have a deal with Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers is a huge fan"
    about 4 hours ago

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement