Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

PRAF wrote: »
    There are risks to having a shared stadium I suppose, however, I think it would actually be less risky (financially) than building your own stadium. Modern stadia seem to be in the 300-400m price range. I can see massive benefits of only spending 150-200, getting a bigger and better stadium (65-70k perhaps), and using the leftover cash to invest in the first team?

I accept it would take vision and leadership in order to convince the fans that it would be a good idea. However, it seems to work perfectly well in Milan for example so why not Liverpool?

A shared stadium is the exception in soccer rather than the rule. If it was such a good idea, on every level, do you not think there would be a lot more of it at the highest level of the game?

I can see why people might say it would be a good idea, but as someone from Liverpool I hate the idea, and I know that it was a hugely unpopular idea when it was suggested.

It would take more than vision and leadership to convince locals to take to the idea, it would take a miracle.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Souness was only in the job before Moores took over, yet watched on for 2-3 years as he created 'enemies' left right and centre throughout the club as well as our worst spell in decades.

Moores was an heir to his fortune, he didnt create it, he was clueless, a relic who lived in the past, and ultimately indecisive in almost every aspect of the club. He was so bad, that he made Hicks & Gillette look like revolutionaries off the pitch.

Moores was the perfect onwer in terms of loyalty to the club, and in terms of passion for it, but he was an awful owner in terms of pretty much every business based aspect of running a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Kess73 wrote: »
    Moores was the perfect onwer in terms of loyalty to the club, and in terms of passion for it, but he was an awful owner in terms of pretty much every business based aspect of running a club.

There's loyalty and then there's insanity. Like the 2 year extension he agreed with Carlsberg in 05, for no other reason other than they were Carlsberg. A 2 year deal worth 5m? in a year we lift the CL?, while Manchester United are knocking up 4 yr deals shortly after for 50m. While we were lifting the CL, Moores was agreeing to sponsorship deals at a discount, meanwhile Spurs are getting more money off Mansion House despite being far less attractive and not in Europe at all. It wasnt even funny, 5m over 2 years and Spurs would get 17m in the same 2 years?. I shudder when i think about what i might not know. And we were the first club in England to have sponsors on our shirts, such a fall from grace.

Can we imagine in 2 years time if someone from the club stuck their head out and said we have extended Standard Chartered's deal for the next 2 years for 10m? while say Norwich were getting more? this is the scale of what we are talking about under him.

There's no doubt he loved and 'got' the club but he was an owner for the 70's at best, not the 90's. When it came to evolving the club with the new money era he was outright incompetent and should have sold up or been forced out long before he did.

daithijjj wrote: »
    There's loyalty and then there's insanity. Like the 2 year extension he agreed with Carlsberg in 05, for no other reason other than they were Carlsberg. A 2 year deal worth 5m? in a year we lift the CL?, while Manchester United are knocking up 4 yr deals shortly after for 50m. While we were lifting the CL, Moores was agreeing to sponsorship deals at a discount, meanwhile Spurs are getting more money off Mansion House despite being far less attractive and not in Europe at all. It wasnt even funny, 5m over 2 years and Spurs would get 17m in the same 2 years?. I shudder when i think about what i might not know. And we were the first club in England to have sponsors on our shirts, such a fall from grace.

Can we imagine in 2 years time if someone from the club stuck their head out and said we have extended Standard Chartered's deal for the next 2 years for 10m? while say Norwich were getting more? this is the scale of what we are talking about under him.

There's no doubt he loved and 'got' the club but he was an owner for the 70's at best, not the 90's. When it came to evolving the club with the new money era he was outright incompetent and should have sold up or been forced out long before he did.

Like I said, he was an awful owner from a business POV and played his part in retarding the club's growth. He was an owner from Shank's era in terms of how he operated but had the misfortune to become owner in an era when that kind of owner was long extinct at the highest level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mark Davies of Bolton linked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I like him but he's not skilled enough and is really inconsistant.

G.K. wrote: »
    I like him but he's not skilled enough and is really inconsistant.

You like who?

Davies.

Davies.

It would be really nice if you could hit the quote button from time to time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Really can't see him improving the team. No-one knows what's going on with transfer targets at the moment and people just seem to be picking names out of a hat.

• Advertisement

Come on, I was replying to the post directly before mine. It's not like I could have been talking about Moores.

If you'd been talking about Davies on the previous page fair enough, but it was the post directly before. It is pretty obvious who I'm on about (To me at least).

mav79 wrote: »
    Really can't see him improving the team. No-one knows what's going on with transfer targets at the moment and people just seem to be picking names out of a hat.

Sometimes that's true but sometimes it does seem to be a leak from somewhere along the line

Come on, I was replying to the post directly before mine. It's not like I could have been talking about Moores.

If you'd been talking about Davies on the previous page fair enough, but it was the post directly before. It is pretty obvious who I'm on about (To me at least).

As long as it's obvious to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

amiable wrote: »

It's a bit like not needing to indicate because I know I'm turning left.

After seeing Lacina Traore, and Dos Santos linked this week seemingly just because Rogers looked at them when he was at Reading and Swansea comes across as journalists mentioning as many names as possible each week and just hoping one will come off.

mav79 wrote: »
    After seeing Lacina Traore, and Dos Santos linked this week seemingly just because Rogers looked at them when he was at Reading and Swansea comes across as journalists mentioning as many names as possible each week and just hoping one will come off.

Of course stuff like that happens but some journos don't just make things up,
    The Daily Mail seems to be absolutely awful lately.
    But The Times is normally reliable.

Being the eternal Liverpool optimist, I hope the players being looked at will improve the team. Both Rodgers and the owners have mentioned in interviews about the style of football they want to play and the type of players they want. Its very obvious to most fans where the team needs improving yet some of the players linked really make no sense.

Don't get me wrong I'm not dismissing all journalists, I follow a few on twitter that seem reliable but there is an awful lot of hopeful guessing going on at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

greendom wrote: »
    It's a bit like not needing to indicate because I know I'm turning left.

I think you'll find its nothing like that in the slightest.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Obvious to anyone who bothered to read the post above his. there was no one else he could have been talking about really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can tell there's nothing of any substance to post about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mike65 wrote: »
    You can tell there's nothing of any substance to post about...

What are you talking about Mike? Please quote what your comment was in reference to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

mark davies and victor moses on the way and the two fingers towards sigurdsson for asking for a wage comparable with proven stalwarts like henderson/adam

we are really showing them lads, this is our year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

cianisgood wrote: »

Seems like a very strange decision.

I`d love to have him back.

He`s still a fantastic footballer.

Does seem like a very strange decision though. Can`t be right surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Seems like a very strange decision.

I`d love to have him back.

He`s still a fantastic footballer.

Does seem like a very strange decision though. Can`t be right surely?

Thats how madrid roll after 30 you only get one year deals but he does have 2 years left on his contract .

Thats how madrid roll after 30 you only get one year deals but he does have 2 years left on his contract .

So I imagine they`ll hold onto him for next season and sell him next summer.

So I imagine they`ll hold onto him for next season and sell him next summer.

Nope they will just offer him one years until they decide he is no longer needed but he will go on a freebie when they let him leave .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

So tonight im gonna dream we get xabi back and gaston ramirez in,win the league in april at old trafford..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

If Xabi comes back I'll post a picture of me sucking my own ballsack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Obv we won't be willing to pay Xabi more or approaching as much as Gordon Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

hefferboi wrote: »
    If Xabi comes back I'll post a picture of me sucking my own ballsack.

I am feeling a lot of mixed emotions right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Obv we won't be willing to pay Xabi more or approaching as much as Gordon Henderson.

Any relation to Gordon Gecko? He's certainly earning enough :p

Confirmed. Edison Cavani and Gaston Ramirez will both be at Melwood today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You make a very compelling and well backed-up point, Sir.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    You make a very compelling and well backed-up point, Sir.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

The've just been spotter in the Liverpool 1 clubshop.

wcarey1975 wrote: »

The've just been spotter in the Liverpool 1 clubshop.
    I am being 100% genuine and serious that Ramirez and Cavani will be at Melwood today and could probably be there by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I am being 100% genuine and serious that Ramirez and Cavani will be at Melwood today and could probably be there by now

What are playing at ?

I heard a very weak rumor about Cavani on Wed but it wasn't worth repeating .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

whats the catch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Is this something to do with the Olympic squad training there.......idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Anyone thinking we'd get alonso back is silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

cianisgood wrote: »
    He is contracted to Real Madrid until 2014.

There is 0.1% chance that he will be coming to Liverpool this Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Meanwhile, back in the real world, we are being linked to Mark Davies of Bolton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-eye-mark-davies-the-bolton-946063
    Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is eyeing Bolton’s Mark Davies in a £6million swoop after missing out on Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Iceland midfielder Sigurdsson, who starred for Rodgers at Swansea last season on loan from Hoffenheim, is set to complete an £8million move to Tottenham next week, once Andre Villas-Boas is confirmed as their new manager.

But Rodgers is also a big fan of Davies and previously considered signing him for Swansea.

The attacking midfielder, 24, shone last term, scoring four goals for a Wanderers side that ended up being relegated to the Championship.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, we are being linked to Mark Davies of Bolton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-eye-mark-davies-the-bolton-946063

Seems a bit more realistic alright. Unfortunately. :(

If Davies was the alternative I'd quite happily give Sig his wage demands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I love when we raid the relagation bargain basement .

:(

If Davies was the alternative I'd quite happily give Sig his wage demands.

I'd offer him double what he wants .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wages are about the club not the player - there is a structure and clubs are loath to break it as they know what will follow from players already on the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

mike65 wrote: »
    Wages are about the club not the player - there is a structure and clubs are loath to break it as they know what will follow from players already on the books.

Its all speculation because we dont know what his wage demands were, but if its true that he wanted parity with Henderson you could hardly blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

He is contracted to Real Madrid until 2014.

There is 0.1% chance that he will be coming to Liverpool this Summer.

35noi6.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement