Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I was expecting to log on today and see us linked with Steve Davis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I was expecting to log on today and see us linked with Steve Davis.

Good snooker player... Could see him doing a job in midfield as he can play the angles quite well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

More reports of Reina leaving today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

amiable wrote: »
    Reports from Italy say that Liverpool have agreed £22M fee with Fiorentina for striker Stevan Jovetic.
    I'd say it's complete bull

We were linked with Moutinho and now Jovetic. We are obviously being linked with people from my draft team.

Probably Cryuff next.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Good snooker player... Could see him doing a job in midfield as he can play the angles quite well

He lets himself down sometimes by going for the hard brown when he could easily go for the easy pink

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    He lets himself down sometimes by going for the hard brown when he could easily go for the easy pink

Who doesn't like to attempt a shot at a hard brown every now and again? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I'd say there was some amount of hard browns potted in Dublin last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Liverpool to buy Hugo Lloris if Reina leaves?

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-line-up-lloris-as-reina-replacement?state=99b6a1a3c0ee4989932f4b11ab99aa48&code=AQCBoMlataSldbhO1ggvn1Qcv3_Ifi-6bPbd7P7w5ZaQXX5QagFdDNIniETS

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/July/01/lloris-allowed-to-leave-for-decent-price/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-are-keen-on-french-goalkeeper-hugo-946403
    wrote:
    Sport Football Transfer News Liverpool transfer news
    By Mirror Football 3 Comments 30 Jun 2012 10:48
    Liverpool look to Lloris as Reina replacement: One in, one out between the sticks at Anfield

French source claim Olympique Lyonnais stopper is Liverpool's top choice should Reina quit

Pepe replacement: Hugo Lloris
    Liverpool are keen on French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris as rumours persist AC Milan are plotting a swoop for Pepe Reina.

French source 10 Sport claim the Olympique Lyonnais stopper is Liverpool's top choice should Reina quit Anfield.

The 25-year-old France international is thought to be settled at Lyon, although chairman Jean-Michel Aaulas said before Euro 2012 that the keeper had told him he could be tempted by an offer from a "great European club".

Milan were last week linked with the Spanish keeper, who arrived at Anfield in 2005 from Villarreal, as they look to sign a top keeper to replace the aging Christian Abbiati.

Reina, 29, claimed in a recent interview Liverpool are not the club that he and Fernando Torres had joined.

Reina is currently away at Euro 2012 with Spain and has not yet met new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/07/85-star-to-anfield-ol-president.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'd take Lloris at the drop of a hat, Reina not been up to much for the last 2 seasons, far too many mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yeah, if there was no net spend, id nearly swap Pepe for lloris too. I admire Pepe a lot for his enthusiasm but am tiring of this will he won't he for the last few summers... And his occasional howlers. That said he's always fit and reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Yeah, if there was no net spend, id nearly swap Pepe for lloris too. I admire Pepe a lot for his enthusiasm but am tiring of this will he won't he for the last few summers... And his occasional howlers. That said he's always fit and reliable

Contradiction, no? For sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Lloris isn't much cop, to be honest. Certainly hasn't hit the heights expected of him when he burst onto the scene and got his move to Lyon. Reina's infrequent howlers would be nothing, compared to Lloris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Contradiction, no? For sure?

I think he just meant that Pepe rarely misses games

I think he just meant that Pepe rarely misses games

Exactly. He has a phenomenon record for consecutive appearances even for a keeper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Exactly if a player dosent want to play for the club anymore then off you go son,LFC will continue without you.

Ever since the Torres transfer saga I have no time for players making noises about leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Lloris isn't much cop, to be honest. Certainly hasn't hit the heights expected of him when he burst onto the scene and got his move to Lyon. Reina's infrequent howlers would be nothing, compared to Lloris.

Bit harsh on Lloris tbh. The defence in front of him has problems with form as well last season with Cris showing his years and Kone being a bit so so. Throw in Reveillere and Cissokho being a bit hot and cold in the full back slots, and a bigger picture as to why Lyon leaked a lot of goals last season emerges.

Lovern's lack of game time did not help either, nor did the patchy form of the team in general.

Lloris strikes me as a keeper with exceptional ability who would thrive with a more organised defence/team in front of him. I would not be keen to see Reina go, but if he did, I would not be unhappy with Lloris as his replacement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Has there been any word on siggy?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lyon defensively for a good while now have been appalling to be fair to him. I learnt that early last season when it came to betting and watching them.

In saying that, would love for us to look at Sommer if Reina were to leave. Really believe the kid has the potential to be one of the best goalkeepers around. Made a costly mistake in the Euro U21 finals last year, but that aside, was the standout keeper by some distance. Would be much cheaper option to Lloris.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Lyon defensively for a good while now have been appalling to be fair to him. I learnt that early last season when it came to betting and watching them.

In saying that, would love for us to look at Sommer if Reina were to leave. Really believe the kid has the potential to be one of the best goalkeepers around. Made a costly mistake in the Euro U21 finals last year, but that aside, was the standout keeper by some distance. Would be much cheaper option to Lloris.

Yann Sommer I take it. He does look like he might be special. His club teammate Dragovic is another who looks like he will be very good. There has been a few useful players that have come from that Basel team in recent years, and there are a few young players still in it that look like being damn good players as well.

If we look towards Germany, ter Stegen is another young keeper who looks to have a lot of talent as well.

Who really caught my eye over the past two seasons is an ex Liverpool keeper in Nikolay Mihaylov. He has looked really good for Twente, and we still have the deal in place to buy him back from Twente.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'm just looking at Gylfi Sigurdsson's agents list of clients and it's quite the portfolio.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/stellar-football-ltd/details/berater_190.html

Gareth Bale, Glen Johnson, Joe Hart, Darren Bent, Ashley Cole, Martin Kelly and Kolo Toure among his clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Telegraph reporting that Spurs have made enquiries about Oscar from Internacional. Never seen him play but wouldn't he be competing with Gylfi for the same position? Dzagoev dad also saying Spurs have been in contact about a move. They seem quite the busy bees in the transfer market for a club with no manager.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

opr wrote: »
    Telegraph reporting that Spurs have made enquiries about Oscar from Internacional. Never seen him play but wouldn't he be competing with Gylfi for the same position? Dzagoev dad also saying Spurs have been in contact about a move. They seem quite the busy bees in the transfer market for a club with no manager.

Opr

Was listening to Talksport earlier and they had a former Spurs player (Graham Roberts, I think...) on saying that along with Villa Boas being confirmed as manager in a couple of a days that there will be money put into the club from some foreign consortium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was listening to Talksport earlier and they had a former Spurs player (Graham Roberts, I think...) on saying that along with Villa Boas being confirmed as manager in a couple of a days that there will be money put into the club from some foreign consortium.

The Judea People's front :pac:

...setup nicely for ya go on

Leiva wrote: »
    [/B]

...setup nicely for ya go on

:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yann Sommer I take it. He does look like he might be special. His club teammate Dragovic is another who looks like he will be very good. There has been a few useful players that have come from that Basel team in recent years, and there are a few young players still in it that look like being damn good players as well.

If we look towards Germany, ter Stegen is another young keeper who looks to have a lot of talent as well.

Who really caught my eye over the past two seasons is an ex Liverpool keeper in Nikolay Mihaylov. He has looked really good for Twente, and we still have the deal in place to buy him back from Twente.

Mihaylov has been brilliant whenever I've seen him for Twente over the past 2 or 3 years (probably have watched them a dozen times at least now).

ter Stegen is a fantastic young keeper and a very good shout. But from what I've read/heard, he's fully committed to remaining in Germany for a good few years. Part of me hopes he stays at gladbach just because they are such a fantastic club from top to bottom. Though, if and when Weidenfeller ever moves on, I'd love for us to sign him. Hannover's young German goalkeeper, Zieler who impressed me over the course of last season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Where would Reina move to,
    Italy, Crap league,
    Every big club has great keeper in England and Spain , Leaving would be step backwards,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Thibaut Courtois will be the best of them all

HUGE talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Thibaut Courtois will be the best of them all

HUGE talent

Ha!, your never get him away from Chelsea - he is Cech's direct replacement.

Oscar, is a right winger\attacking midfielder. Apparently Spurs are looking at a 11 million bid - bargain at that price, AVB scouted him for Chelsea, he was outstanding in the 2 games in the states. I really rate him (for what thats worth!)

I could see him as a fallback if you dont get Siggie, but he could be rotated as he is ony 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Did Johnson steal the jam from peoples doughnuts or something?

The slating that he gets is fucking baffling.
    Where would Reina move to,
    Italy, Crap league,
    Every big club has great keeper in England and Spain , Leaving would be step backwards,

Italy is a crap league and AC Milan would be a step down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Its quite a strong rumour apparently and not thought to be BS at all. :eek:

Apparently they'll be announcing AVB and a takeover by the Kuwaiti Royal Family or people linked to them either this weekend or early next week.

The next Man City, plus heavy investment in the trasnfer market!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Interview with Raheem Sterling in Jamaican newspaper

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20120701/lead/lead3.html
    But Sterling has no concern about new manager Brendan Rodgers.

"It's actually quite a good trade because he wanted me to come down to Swansea on loan (last season), so he is a good manager."

So it is true then. I had wondered if it were just speculation.

That suggests Raheem will play a big part this season.

I love the way that quote reads: "He wanted me . . . therefore he is a good manager."

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Apparently they'll be announcing AVB and a takeover by the Kuwaiti Royal Family or people linked to them either this weekend or early next week.

If this is true, then our goose is well and truly cooked one would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

If club after club is going to be taken over by billionaires at some point you have to wonder whats the fu(king point its not like the financial fair play rules are going to be enforced we cant compete. Oh and reina commit or go like a previous poster after torres i dont care anymore id rather have an avereage player give 100% than watch a superstar sulk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Oh that just f*ckin' lovely, that is.

• Advertisement

I don't care what any other club does, who their owners are or how much money they squander. As long as Lfc win every game, I'll be happy*.

*and I will probably be happy even if they don't just as long as they account for themselves like true reds. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

5starpool wrote: »
    If this is true, then our goose is well and truly cooked one would have thought.

CAN anyone explain why these mega rich people don't want to take over a club like Liverpool with its huge history and worldwide fan base,?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Leiva wrote: »

[SIZE="1"]...setup nicely for ya go on [/SIZE]

Harry Redknapp's dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The world thinks Spain are showing us the future of football, I'd like it to be noted that Liverpool pioneered the striker-less formation last season.

poolboy wrote: »

If club after club is going to be taken over by billionaires at some point you have to wonder whats the fu(king point its not like the financial fair play rules are going to be enforced we cant compete. Oh and reina commit or go like a previous poster after torres i dont care anymore id rather have an avereage player give 100% than watch a superstar sulk

Jay Spearing gives 100% but unfortunately that's not enough at this standard.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    The world thinks Spain are showing us the future of football, I'd like it to be noted that Liverpool pioneered the striker-less formation last season.

You must've missed Barcelona playing wide man Messi in the false #9 position then ;)

mike65 wrote: »

True, they also devised the "pass the ball around the middle to final 3rd" approach for boring the opposition into submission and tormenting anyone watching beyond sanity.

And come to think of it, they also were first to realise that torres is useless and can be disposed of*

*may or may not be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm looking forward to more YouTube footage of Pepe Reina on the plane. He'll probably try to put an Arsenal jersey on Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to more YouTube footage of Pepe Reina on the plane. He'll probably try to put an Arsenal jersey on Fabregas.
    Camerero!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

He's no shrinking violet about getting involved in the celebrations has he? :D

A bit of David May in him perhaps :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Apparently Reina was wearing Roque's Betis jersey or t-shirt underneath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

monkey9 wrote: »

He should stick a Drogba tshirt on Torres.....has he now got 2 European Championships and a World Cup winners medal without having played a minute??.....f*cking chancer.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

If this is true it would just be sickening!!

I will always be a Liverpool fan that will never change but if another "Man city" get created it is just putting me off the premiership as a whole - getting a bit of a joke at this stage!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ha!, your never get him away from Chelsea - he is Cech's direct replacement.

Cech is only just gone 30. Courtois could potentially be sitting on the bech for 10 years.

If this is true it would just be sickening!!

I will always be a Liverpool fan that will never change but if another "Man city" get created it is just putting me off the premiership as a whole - getting a bit of a joke at this stage!!!

I think it makes the league as a whole more exciting.

But it's bad news for those who don't support the mega rich clubs.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement