Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We play man city twice in a season,
    How the hell it stops us winning league i'll never know,
    Its all bull, Man u lost twice to them last season still finished level on pts,
    We should worry about how we play rather than worry about mega rich clubs,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

There's an Icelandic journo saying Sigurdsson has decided to join Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

monkey9 wrote: »
    Apparently Reina was wearing Roque's Betis jersey or t-shirt underneath.

A couple of the Spanish players wore T-Shirts in remembrance.

Awv4ArkCAAEWcvu.jpg

Opr

opr wrote: »
    A couple of the Spanish players wore T-Shirts in remembrance.

Awv4ArkCAAEWcvu.jpg

Opr

See the fan in the background wearing the jersey too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Former LFC player Fernando Torres has won the Euro 2012 golden boot. He scored 3, like a few other players, but did it in the least amount of minutes so he wins it. Fair play to him.

I wonder do Paddy Power pay out on Torres or do they divide his odds. I remember having David Villa in the world cup but the odds were divided as it was a draw.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

budgemook wrote: »
    Former LFC player Fernando Torres has won the Euro 2012 golden boot. He scored 3, like a few other players, but did it in the least amount of minutes so he wins it. Fair play to him.

I wonder do Paddy Power pay out on Torres or do they divide his odds. I remember having David Villa in the world cup but the odds were divided as it was a draw.

They will divide the odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thought Gomez got it because of an assist?....although Torres got one tonight so they would have to divide it between 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=2012/golden-boot/index.html

Looks like Torres has won the golden boot.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Thought Gomez got it because of an assist?....although Torres got one tonight so they would have to divide it between 2.

Yeah Torres got one too - does it go to assists first and then minutes played?

EDIT - yeah assists first then minutes played

• Advertisement

Yeah Torres got one too - does it go to assists first and then minutes played?

EDIT - yeah assists first then minutes played
    Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

He should stick a Drogba tshirt on Torres.....has he now got 2 European Championships and a World Cup winners medal without having played a minute??.....f*cking chancer.:pac:

He scored in 08 came on as a sub in 2010 and scored tonight. So he's played enough minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

amiable wrote: »
    There's an Icelandic journo saying Sigurdsson has decided to join Liverpool.

hmmm. Everyone here ignoring the elephant in the room. :pac:
    Didn't he say he'd announce it today? So what's the deal Sig?

Presume this is not a real account? http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialGylfi
    Says on 26th that he had decided and would announce when the deal was completed.

hefferboi wrote: »
    He scored in 08 came on as a sub in 2010 and scored tonight. So he's played enough minutes!

He is talking about Reina obviously. Pepe played a dead rubber or two, that's about it in terms of finals appearances.

hefferboi wrote: »

Jaysus don't remember Reina doing a bit of that! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Read sine article that had a bunch of tweets after it:
    wrote:
    Liverpool supporter Sean (‏@SeanMLFC) reckons Rodgers’ side have no need for a central midfielder: “Stop fretting about Gylfi Sigurdsson. It’s June, we’ve got plenty of time to sign players. And to be honest we’re sound in CM anyway. #LFC#Chill”

3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Jaysus don't remember Reina doing a bit of that! :pac:
    Thought you were on about Torres. My bad :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If Sig doesn't sign for us, I'm loading up Fifa, sticking him in a Spurs jersey and booting him up and down the pitch with Agger.

That WILL teach him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Grayditch wrote: »
    If Sig doesn't sign for us, I'm loading up Fifa, sticking him in a Spurs jersey and booting him up and down the pitch with Agger.

That WILL teach him.

I'm gonna load up FM editor and erase him from the database :cool: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I'm gonna load up FM editor and erase him from the database :cool: :D

Im just gonna cry and eat some Ice cream,

Then i'd sign Belhanda :P

hmmm. Everyone here ignoring the elephant in the room. :pac:
    Didn't he say he'd announce it today? So what's the deal Sig?

Presume this is not a real account? http://twitter.com/#!/OfficialGylfi
    Says on 26th that he had decided and would announce when the deal was completed.

That's a fake account.

I think he said he'd make up his mind.
    I don't think he said he'd announce anything.
    There's probably stuff going on behind the scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

http://http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/skrtel-is-the-best-i-ve-played-with

From Suarez interview from LFC website.......

What was your first car?

It was an Opel Astra when I was at Groningen.

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Are we still interested in this chap?.......

Luuk de Jong's agent says the striker has decided to leave FC Twente this summer and insists money will not be a factor behind his next move.

The Netherlands international scored 25 goals in the Eredivisie last season and he is a target for Newcastle United and Borussia Monchengladbach.

Newcastle have already failed with one bid of €10million (£8million) and they are reported to have upped that to €12million (£10milion).

Twente are understood to want in excess of €15million (£12.1m) for De Jong, with the Magpies having sent a delegation to Holland at the end of last week to hold talks.

Alan Pardew's side may now have been given further encouragement regarding their interest in De Jong after his agent Louis Laros confirmed the forward is ready to move on.

Development

"Luuk has taken the decision to move on," Laros told TC Tubantia. "He wants to develop as a player in a bigger league.

"The important thing for us is the development of Luuk. Not the money, but the way of playing and the amount of playing time he will get will be decisive.

"Luuk scored 25 goals in the Dutch league last season, how many more does he need to score? 35?"

He added in Voetbal International: "Luuk is still a Twente player. If the right club comes along then he will happily make the move.

"The club doesn't need to be a top club, but a good club in a big league where Luuk can play regularly and develop as a player."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shteve said De Jong is going nowhere for anything less than "stupid" money - so LFC it is then!

The Liverpool media rubbishing the Lloris to Liverpool story.

Someone get on a plane with 50 million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=2012/golden-boot/index.html

Looks like Torres has won the golden boot.
    Imagine what he would have done with more game time :eek:

Class is permanent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Imagine what he would have done with more game time :eek:

Class is permanent.

He was brought on when teams had already been beaten and run ragged.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/120702/Liverpool_out_to_get_Moses

Apparently we're in the lead to sign Victor Moses with an £8 million bid currently on the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

spockety wrote: »
    He was brought on when teams had already been beaten and run ragged.

That's rather harsh on Ireland! :p

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/120702/Liverpool_out_to_get_Moses

Apparently we're in the lead to sign Victor Moses with an £8 million bid currently on the table.

Whoop di do. Crisis averted then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Excellent ... that should help us cement mid-table mediocrity for another few seasons

• Advertisement

Moses? really?

Is this what we've been reduced to......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good we need moar black players :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Apparently, 12 million will get him! :eek:
    (evening standard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Moses played well in the last 10 games of the season and showed some glimpses that he could be a very good player.

However, hard to know what he'd bring to Liverpool. Need more creativity rather than strenght. I suspect he's a player that needs to play alot to get up his form and confidence and I don't think he would at liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

(evening standard)

I'm sure it would. I really really would prefer our money to be spent elsewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

(evening standard)

"Mr Valentine has set the price...."
    (Trading Places)

Supplement Whelan for Valentine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Seriously, we are getting linked with some very average players - Moses, Davis, Sinclair, Dempsey, Johnson. They all have potential, or have done at a lower level, but how much better are they than Downing, Adam, Hendo, Bellamy or Shelvey?

Please, let us invest OVER the current level. Make our first team players into squad players, and buy first teamers - Jovetic, Ramirez, Rodriguez. Keep the back 5 intact, with a core of Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez up the middle, and invest in a real way to make it an XI that will challenge the best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Dave Whelan is buying a megaphone and a tiny little wooden hammer as we speak.

£12 million sounds crazy money for a player of his ability and experience who is in the last year of his contract.
    It would seem that Dave (the mouth) Whelan is actively trying to start an auction and generate interest.
    If potential buyers feel that Wigan want to sell it will put them in a stronger position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Always find it strange how we are linked with players in the media and people here assume it's a fact and slate the clubs ambition and transfer policy.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Always find it strange how we are linked with players in the media and people here assume it's a fact and slate the clubs ambition and transfer policy.

Whatever about last summer I think people are still scarred after signing Paul Konchesky and Christian Poulsen 2 years ago.
    I agree with you though that nobody knows what's happening behind the scenes and a lot of the speculation is started by agents.

Markus Babbel
    Gylfi is near agreement with a PL club. I assume transfer will be done by the end of the week

Love the way its constantly being pushed back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Stevie named in UEFA team of the tournament:

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Italy), Casillas (Spain), Neuer (Germany)

Defenders: Pique (Spain), Coentrao (Portugal), Lahm (Germany), Pepe (Portugal), Sergio Ramos (Spain), Jordi Alba (Spain)

Midfielders: De Rossi (Italy), Gerrard (England), Xavi (Spain), Iniesta (Spain), Khedira (Germany), Busquets (Spain), Ozil (Germany), Pirlo (Italy), Xabi Alonso (Spain)

Attackers: Balotelli (Italy), Fabregas (Spain), Ronaldo (Portugal), Ibrahimovic (Sweden), Silva (Spain)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I wonder how often the Golden Boot winner doesn't make the team of the tournament?

J.

• Advertisement

Rightfully so, himself and Johnson were the best English players by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Italy), Casillas (Spain), Neuer (Germany)

Defenders: Pique (Spain), Coentrao (Portugal), Lahm (Germany), Pepe (Portugal), Sergio Ramos (Spain), Jordi Alba (Spain)

Midfielders: De Rossi (Italy), Gerrard (England), Xavi (Spain), Iniesta (Spain), Khedira (Germany), Busquets (Spain), Ozil (Germany), Pirlo (Italy), Xabi Alonso (Spain)

Attackers: Balotelli (Italy), Fabregas (Spain), Ronaldo (Portugal), Ibrahimovic (Sweden), Silva (Spain)

Golden boot boy didn't make the striker list :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Whats more ridiculous is no Arbeloa, and 3 left backs and no right backs in the squad......3 left backs is ridiculous

murpho999 wrote: »
    Well, it does seem to be club policy to buy players who have played in the Premier League. It's frustrating, especially when you have less prestigious clubs like Newcastle buying excellent, young, European-based players. They have recently bought Santon, Cabaye, Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa, etc for a lot less than we paid for the likes of Henderson, Carroll and Downing, and are now being linked with the likes of Debuchy, De Jong, Douglas, etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Came across this last night..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement