Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats more ridiculous is no Arbeloa, and 3 left backs and no right backs in the squad......3 left backs is ridiculous

He was pretty mediocre to be honest, easily the least imposing element on the typical Spain starting 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Vicxas wrote: »
    Love the way its constantly being pushed back

The Sigurdsson transfer situation is mirroring the Ulster Bank snafu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Those Gerrard highlights - if that was Iniesta or Pirlo, the world would be fawning over them. Not cool to love Gerrard in the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Suarez will be featured on Football Mundial on Sky Sports 1 soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Jackson Martinez signs for Porto for 8.5m euro...and Moses will cost us more than that...ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

People should take a break from the internet and sports channels If they're getting that worked up over rumours, gonna be a long summer of it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

markie29 wrote: »
    Jackson Martinez signs for Porto for 8.5m euro...and Moses will cost us more than that...ffs

Might be yet another canny buy from Porto. They have an excellent track record of snapping up players for modest fees then selling them on a few seasons later for many times what they cost.

Rumours that they are looking at Casemiro as well.

Netherlands and Portugal seem to be the two breeding leagues for players to come in and prove themselves, before moving on to one of the big 4 leagues. Would love to see how the numbers stack up on that (sales v purchases)...

Dickerty wrote: »
    Netherlands and Portugal seem to be the two breeding leagues for players to come in and prove themselves, before moving on to one of the big 4 leagues. Would love to see how the numbers stack up on that (sales v purchases)...

Russia seems to be getting in on the act as well, especially with young South American talent. The Belgian league gets a hell of a lot of young African talent and young Eastern European talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

There are work permit issues that stop British clubs signing these African and South American players directly, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

amiable wrote: »

Had forgotten about the exchange between Reina and Coentrao until I saw it listed at the end of that video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I think it's time Pepe knocked the ol' joker in the pack schtick on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kess73 wrote: »
    Might be yet another canny buy from Porto. They have an excellent track record of snapping up players for modest fees then selling them on a few seasons later for many times what they cost.

Rumours that they are looking at Casemiro as well.

Just had a quick gander at wiki.

Including the sale of Hulk, they've sold about €200m worth of players in the past 4 years.

I think I heard someone say they've sold something in the region of €1bn worth of players over the past 10 years.

They seriously get it.

According to his father, Dzagoev has an offer from Spurs (amongst others) and may move on from CSKA...yes please!

Him on the left, Suazez on the right, with Huntelaar in the middle!
    Oh, I mean Carroll. Yeh, Carroll...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Had forgotten about the exchange between Reina and Coentrao until I saw it listed at the end of that video.

I missed that exchange during the match...what was the background?

Vudgie wrote: »
    I missed that exchange during the match...what was the background?

Reina was shouting something, and Coentrao pointed at Reina and grabbed at his own crotch. Coentrao then got a yellow from the ref.

Don't know if there is a bit of history between them, or if Reina was reacting to something that happened on the pitch, but it was a bit unusual to see Reina getting so annoyed/animated on the touchline.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Reina was shouting something, and Coentrao pointed at Reina and grabbed at his own crotch. Coentrao then got a yellow from the ref.

Don't know if there is a bit of history between them, or if Reina was reacting to something that happened on the pitch, but it was a bit unusual to see Reina getting so annoyed/animated on the touchline.

Thanks, I must have dozed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I believe this is it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If any of us did that we would be arressted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Gylfi!!!

Has still not decided what he is doing, would he ever hurry up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Gylfi!!!

Has still not decided what he is doing, would he ever hurry up!

?

Just saw the hidden text. Curses

Never mind Im just being a príck and trying to prey on people (like myself who are waiting for news either way).

I never realised how close aqua mans eyes are untill I was reading through the bios on the website.....jesus!
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team/player/alberto-aquilani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Pepe is a handsome man an all but there's a time and a place which is what I think he got so upset over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think it's time Pepe knocked the ol' joker in the pack schtick on the head.

Liverpool fans are honestly a piece of work sometimes..

We get wind of a rumour that he might be looking to leave and all of sudden, we managed to turn around him being a genuine personality into a negative.

Honest to god, what a deluded bunch we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Liverpool fans are honestly a piece of work sometimes..

We get wind of a rumour that he might be looking to leave and all of sudden, we managed to turn around him being a genuine personality into a negative.

Honest to god, what a deluded bunch we are.

What are you on about?

It's just that Pepe is not that funny in the video....simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, it just wasn't that funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

When are the 1st team back in for pre season training??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

If any of us did that we would be arressted

Nah your wrong , I got away with robbing one of them off a ryanair flight . They will never charge me 6 pound for a sandwich again !!!

• Advertisement

When are the 1st team back in for pre season training??

Maxi just tweeted flight to liverpool today so would imagine they're meeting up soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Maxi just tweeted flight to liverpool today so would imagine they're meeting up soon enough.

I thought Maxi had left?

While I know there is plenty left in the window to buy players, it's pretty disappointing that we haven't signed anyone with pre season starting soon.

tok9 wrote: »

I thought Maxi had left?

While I know there is plenty left in the window to buy players, it's pretty disappointing that we haven't signed anyone with pre season starting soon.
    Seeing as Rodgers only met the current scouts a few weeks ago and were still recruiting new scouts in the last few days I'd say its to be expected that nobody had signed yet.
    Couple that with the fact Euros have just finished and some players are just returning from holidays I think its to be expected.

Maxi hasnt left but I think he will leave this summer.

Nope, there was a story a while ago that he was leaving for his home club back in argentina but he rubbished it when he heard about it. Of course he could still leave but looks like hes sticking around for a bit and ive certainly no complaints with that tbh.
    And the transfer window is not even 2 days old, i wouldnt be worrying that we havent signed anyone, for all we know rodgers is working away quietly away, he says he needs 3 or 4 players so ther'll be signings. The sig saga already shows he's at work.

Real Betis have confirmed they will retire the number 26 shirt in memory of Miki Roqué

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I think its a positive we havent signed anyone yet, as i hope it means.
    1. We got to get a look at a lot of players in Euro 2012 hopefully have our eye on some.

2. The english squad went home early and we would of signed other english players by now.

3. There hasnt been any crap signing so we can still live in hope of some great buys ( fingers crossed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Video of Alonso 3 sheets to the wind on stage with Reina.

http://www.telecinco.es/eurocopa/la_roja/Roja-agustito_3_1643265741.html

Reina is some unreal MC. Don't even understand him, but i think its brilliant! :P

I think its a positive we havent signed anyone yet, as i hope it means.
    1. We got to get a look at a lot of players in Euro 2012 hopefully have our eye on some.

2. The english squad went home early and we would of signed other english players by now.

3. There hasnt been any crap signing so we can still live in hope of some great buys ( fingers crossed)
    I sincerely hope we dont sign players solely based on their Euro 2012 performances.

HAHA, Xabi is absolutely w@nkered!!!

• Advertisement

I sincerely hope we dont sign players based on their Euro 2012 performances.

I'd take Iniesta, Pirlo and Ramos :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Agreed, it's easy to look good over 3/4 games but in reality be playing out of your skin because it's your country at a major final. imo, the Euros is a useful thing for selecting potential targets, but they must then be scouted and evaluated over at the very least, half a season, before any offer is made for their services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Mirror linking Liverpool with a move for Demba Ba.

monkey9 wrote: »
    The Mirror linking Liverpool with a move for Demba Ba.
    Same paper linking Suarez with Juve

lets buy dzagoev!!!!

On Demba Ba being linked.
    Didn't he fail a medical at Stoke?
    And didn't Woodgate pass a medical at Stoke?
    Am i being too simplistic in comparing those 2 situations or is there more to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Demba Ba would surely cost too much and would be too high risk to be worth considering.

Demba Ba would surely cost too much and would be too high risk to be worth considering.

£7 million release clause apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Now seen two tweets that Sigurdsson has been spotted in Hilton Hotel in Liverpool. (Of course it's true!)

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Now seen two tweets that Sigurdsson has been spotted in Hilton Hotel in Liverpool. (Of course it's true!)

The bloke who started that rumour has since admitted he was doing it to prove a point on twitter rumours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement