Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

djPSB wrote: »
    Looks like Sig going to Spurs.

If that's the case then I hope he's a flop or a perpetual benchwarmer. Normally I wouldn't wish ill on a player like that but this fiasco has been a drawn out joke. At least we needn't feel bad about Swansea now

Ha! Come off it, if he did what hazard did then yeah grand but he's done nothing wrong, standard transfer stuff. Good luck to him, hold no grudges. Hopefully well sign someone better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yeah apologies.....mediocre is a better fit.

I hope he proves you very very wrong. As I`m sure you do yourself. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If that's the case then I hope he's a flop or a perpetual benchwarmer. Normally I wouldn't wish ill on a player like that but this fiasco has been a drawn out joke. At least we needn't feel bad about Swansea now

Sigurdsson hasn't said a word during all of this. He chose Spurs. So what?
    The transfer has only seemed to take such a long time because we are all freaking out on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ha! Come off it, if he did what hazard did then yeah grand but he's done nothing wrong, standard transfer stuff. Good luck to him, hold no crushes. Hopefully well sign someone better

Can he at least hope he turns out to be sh*t like Phil Jones?:pac:

I hope he proves you very very wrong. As I`m sure you do yourself. :)

I hope he does but I won't hold my breath....I think he was hired purely on the basis of agreeing with whatever direction the owners want to go. But I am sure this has been debated repeatedly over the last few weeks so I will save it all until the start of the season.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sigurdsson hasn't said a word during all of this. He chose Spurs. So what?
    The transfer has only seemed to take such a long time because we are all freaking out on twitter.

Sigurdsson, his father, his agent, Dave whelan... Same difference. It felt like an eternity and he still arrived at the wrong answer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Has anyone found RAWK? Its seems to have wandered off somewhere.

I hope he does but I won't hold my breath....I think he was hired purely on the basis of agreeing with whatever direction the owners want to go. But I am sure this has been debated repeatedly over the last few weeks so I will save it all until the start of the season.:D

....and the start of the season can`t come soon enough.

Jesus Christ,the European Championship only finished 2 days ago and I`m going out of my mind from football withdrawal already.

Football withdrawal and all these bloody rumours.

Oh,and the GAA. Bloody GAA ruins every summer more than the rain does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

mike65 wrote: »
    Has anyone found RAWK? Its seems to have wandered off somewhere.

Can't be long now til the uber-fans over at RAOTL realise and crack open the champagne...

Everyone seems to be running with Aquilani back to Liverpool for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Here we go again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Raheem Sterling said recently that Rodgers wanted him on loan last season so hopefully he has plans to use him a lot next season. I honestly think he's our best winger, even though he's only 17, but that's not difficult with the wingers there already :P

amiable wrote: »
    Here we go again

Somebody shoot me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,792 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/sports/aquilani_heads_back_to_liverpool
    Recently, apart from a slight ankle sprain, Aquilani has had no major fitness problems.
    He hasn't even started training, but the phantom ankle problems are back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

....and the start of the season can`t come soon enough.

Jesus Christ,the European Championship only finished 2 days ago and I`m going out of my mind from football withdrawal already.

Football withdrawal and all these bloody rumours.

Oh,and the GAA. Bloody GAA ruins every summer more than the rain does.

What have the GAA done to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Not too worried with sigurdsson they are losing modric more than likely too. I think ba might struggle next season. Rodgers hasn't had the chance to meet all the players yet so I wouldn't expect any movement this week at least. Although now would be the time to get in the likes of ramirez, gain some momentum and other targets will start to take notice. To us, the sigurdsson deal we came off best but to the majority of other fans and the media it looks like we couldn't get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

31 year old striker.

Big wages

Questionable attitude and commitment.

No thank you.
    I don't think he has a questionable attitude or commitment. When he was top scorer in the league and Fergie didn't even put him in the squad for the champions league final he never said a word to the press. If I was him I'd be bitter.

Not saying we should sign him but think its unfair to say he has questionable attitude and commitment when there's players worse than him. Hazard, Ballotelli, Ibra..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Really hope we sort out the trequartista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

hefferboi wrote: »
    I don't think he has a questionable attitude or commitment. When he was top scorer in the league and Fergie didn't even put him in the squad for the champions league final he never said a word to the press. If I was him I'd be bitter.

Not saying we should sign him but think its unfair to say he has questionable attitude and commitment when there's players worse than him. Hazard, Ballotelli, Ibra..

This. Definitely this. Berbatov is the consummate professional. The amount of crap he has taken at Old trafford is unreal and you never hear a peep out of him. Imagine not even making the bench on the biggest night of your career......so that Michael Owen can sit there.

Like Pogba, Berbatov was promised more game time every few months for years and and was lied to and it looks like they are both off. Fair played to both of them tbh.

Berbatov is far too good a player to not play. When he moves and starts playing every week again I'm sure some of the football goldfish will remember that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Off Topic but in yesterdays Independent, there were ratings for the 1970's Brazil side and Spain's side now. Brazil got 94(?). Spain got 88. No Brazil player was below 8 out of 10. Arbeloa got 6 and Xabi Alonso got 7!! Some joke! I'd rate Alonso at 9 just behind Xavi and Iniesta and on par with Casillas and Ramos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Even the Arbeloa rating is stupid, he did NOTHING wrong. Alba just stood out on the other side. But the Xabi rating suggest that a duck was typing that piece. Yes, a duck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'd be airing more to the side that he just doesnt care than he is a model professional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Really hope we sort out the trequartista.

Always sign him in Football Manager....class player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Younes Belhanda in negotiations with Montepellier about a contract extension

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

The fact that Berbatov is 31 and on high wages means he won't fit in with FSG's transfer policy anyway. Case closed!

The fact that Berbatov is 31 and on high wages means he won't fit in with FSG's transfer policy anyway. Case closed!

It was only speculation from boards posters so I wouldn't worry too much!

Well we have to worry about something. The lack of news is BORING....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well Rodgers is looking at 3-4 players so he must have his thinking cap on. He doesnt seem to bothered about the rumoured players.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It was only speculation from boards posters so I wouldn't worry too much!

The fact that people are trying so hard to defend him makes me a sad panda.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Guess it's better to a degree if he stays there if doesn't move to us. But like many players in the past, there's a time and a moment where you have to make a call when it comes to these type of players. Genuine quality not just potential right now we risk completely missing out on 12 months from now if we do not obtain Champions League football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Montpellier's wage structure is tiny compared to any of the clubs who are supposedly interested in him. It will be blown out of the water if they get to tie him down to an extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Why do people question Hazard's attitude and commitment? From what I can tell it is based on his transfer this season and nothing else.

He got a send off from the Lille fans that would put the one Suarez got at Ajax to shame, and even though he only turned 21 this year, he gave Lille four seasons as a first team regular during which his on pitch attitude and commitment was beyond reproach. Not once did he bs the Lille support about staying, and he was totally up front about leaving.

Seems to me that a lot of people are basing their opinion of the guy on twitter comments and similar regarding his move this summer.

All I can say about the guy is that if he brings the same on pitch attitude and commitment to his Chelsea career as he did to his Lille career, then there will be a hell of a lot of happy Chelsea supporters.

Andy Carroll to AC Milan? Seems unlikely - http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premier-league/47769/liverpools-andy-carroll-sought-berlusconi-jnr-ac-milan

If we got £20 million for him, I would take it to be honest.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Guess it's better to a degree if he stays there if doesn't move to us. But like many players in the past, there's a time and a moment where you have to make a call when it comes to these type of players. Genuine quality not just potential right now we risk completely missing out on 12 months from now if we do not obtain Champions League football.

Would be really surprised if he stays tbh. The Montpelier chairman came out and said that he would sell the player if the right offer came in (Much in the way that the Lyon chairman came out and said that Lloris is available if the right club offers €20m/£16m) and said that the right offer would have to be starting at 12 million.

Would be folly for Liverpool not to at least try for the player because as you have said, he is genuine quality right now (and miles above our current young talent for CM and AM) and will only get better with time.

If we don't go after him this summer, then methinks come this time next year he will be out of our price range.

Plus a top quality player like him would go a long way towards making the difference between hoping to get a Europa spot and being able to compete for a CL spot.

Andy Carroll to AC Milan? Seems unlikely - http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premier-league/47769/liverpools-andy-carroll-sought-berlusconi-jnr-ac-milan

If we got £20 million for him, I would take it to be honest.

I reckon it is a nothing story. Berlusconi Jnr was being asked about players he liked at the Euros, and from what I gather the answer he gave was to a question from a British journo, so he was probably just naming a british player for that jorno.

Even if there was a grain of truth in it, I could never see Carroll moving to Italy. The guy has struggled to settle just 130 miles from Newcastle so I doubt that he would manage if he was 800 miles from Newcastle and having to deal with a language that was not english.

Would also reckon that there would be no chance that Milan, or any other club for that matter, would offer £20m for him. He was not a £20m player when we spent £35m on him, so no way another club would pay stupid money for him after a season where he struggled to score.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Well Rodgers is looking at 3-4 players so he must have his thinking cap on. He doesnt seem to bothered about the rumoured players.

Just give me one now. Something that we can use to draw up our imaginary team-sheets in how we will play come August. Or actually, 21st July against Toronto FC - only 2 1/2 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Players at Melwood today - Jones, Gulacsi, Carra, Enrique, Wilson, Flanagan, Adam, Lucas, Spearing, Shelvey, Maxi, Cole, Sterling, Pacheco

from Twitter - there may be others missing from that list

Pacheco? Right that's interesting. So his loan within a loan hasn't resulted in either club
    taking him full time (yet?).

Pacheco? Right that's interesting. So his loan within a loan hasn't resulted in either club
    taking him full time (yet?).

The fact that he was injured for a good chunk of his loan spell played a big part in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I can actually see Pacheco playing a part under rodgers. He seems happy to be back in Liverpool going by his twitter posts(bar the weather). His trickery could have been useful last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Apparently Maxi will ask to be released from the club. He's on his way back to Liverpool today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Players at Melwood today - Jones, Gulacsi, Carra, Enrique, Wilson, Flanagan, Adam, Lucas, Spearing, Shelvey, Maxi, Cole, Sterling, Pacheco

from Twitter - there may be others missing from that list

There looks to be more in the photos on lfc website but it could be training staff too. The training gear looks great too, also rumour is Maxi is going to asked to be released to go home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Kess73 wrote: »
    Why do people question Hazard's attitude and commitment? From what I can tell it is based on his transfer this season and nothing else.

He got a send off from the Lille fans that would put the one Suarez got at Ajax to shame, and even though he only turned 21 this year, he gave Lille four seasons as a first team regular during which his on pitch attitude and commitment was beyond reproach. Not once did he bs the Lille support about staying, and he was totally up front about leaving.

Seems to me that a lot of people are basing their opinion of the guy on twitter comments and similar regarding his move this summer.

All I can say about the guy is that if he brings the same on pitch attitude and commitment to his Chelsea career as he did to his Lille career, then there will be a hell of a lot of happy Chelsea supporters.

Kess still loves Hazard
    Kess still loves Hazard:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Pacheco eh. Maybe he'll stay. Maybe he'll be good. Remember everyone thought he was on the verge of being world class. Now with this tiki taki philosophy at the club I think the more Spanish players we have the better. Pacheco came from Barca right? He should be well used to that style of play. Himself and Sterling to tear up the league this year!

Pach in Maxi out? Hmmm

One thing that's been bugging me. If Rodgers wanted Sterling on loan at Swansea last year why didn't we let him go and get some experience. :confused:

LimGal wrote: »
    Kess still loves Hazard
    Kess still loves Hazard:P:D

I think he is a fantastic player, but the love is gone now that he wears blue.

Now my dreams are of many Moussa Sissoko powered tackles on Hazard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

One thing that's been bugging me. If Rodgers wanted Sterling on loan at Swansea last year why didn't we let him go and get some experience. :confused:

Was he not 17? Surely his development is best watched at close quarters

Probably down to his NextGen commitments, Borrell might not have wanted to lose him while he'd still have been free to get some first team squad time (sadly not enough game time though).

budgemook wrote: »
    Pacheco eh. Maybe he'll stay. Maybe he'll be good. Remember everyone thought he was on the verge of being world class

Goes to show how loosly people throw around this phrase these days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement