Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

donfers wrote: »
    so no business done before euros?

good or bad thing?

strongest rumours so far are sigurdsson and diame - not exactly players that are going to blow the league away and perhaps neither of them would interest last season's top 5 but is that where we are at now? by the way i still think sig will be good signing and diame will be decent back-up for lucas but we really need two or three top class signings to get back in contention - are we in a position to land those type of players though?

Sigurdsson is a very good player, plenty of room for development too. He is a definite upgrade on what we have already. As is Diame in terms of cover for a very specific position. Neither will break the bank.

Its all about signing players who are an improvement on what we have to be honest.

Sigurdsson + Diame is better than Adam + Spearing.

Hopefully their potential addition will be supplemented with a couple of signings who are out and out first XI players.

I do think Sigurdsson will be a first XI player in time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

ricero wrote: »
    Heard were linked with Adam Johnson today that would be a cracking bit of buisness

I've wanted us to sign him for years lol

I think he's a superb player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've wanted us to sign him for years lol

I think he's a superb player.

I personally think he's over rated and secondly it was caughtoffside.com that linked him as far as I know

ricero wrote: »
    Heard were linked with Adam Johnson today that would be a cracking bit of buisness

not sure about Johnson, I think he is quite overrated. Would be expensive too.

I'm like a broken record at this stage, I think there are lots of players on the continent who failed to fire last season who can be bought for decent prices in the hope of them realising their potential.

Krasic, Canales (injured), Gago, Sahin, Afellay amongst some of the names.

Krasic is a lazy bugger by all accounts, but he has got alot of quality, would be cheaper than Johnson, and potentially could make a bigger impact aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Kess73 wrote: »

Totally agree on Yanga-Mbiwa. Have mentioned him a few times over the past season and would defo be my first choice to replace Skrtel.

What about this chap (Hummels), thought he was your #1

mats-hummels.jpg

Jayob10 wrote: »
    not sure about Johnson, I think he is quite overrated. Would be expensive too.

I'm like a broken record at this stage, I think there are lots of players on the continent who failed to fire last season who can be bought for decent prices in the hope of them realising their potential.

Krasic, Canales (injured), Sahin, Afellay amongst some of the names.

Krasic is a lazy bugger by all accounts, but he has got alot of quality, would be cheaper than Johnson, and potentially could make a bigger impact aswell.

I'd guess that although Krasic may arrive for a cheaper fee but his wages would be a lot more than Johnson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Diame and also Moses (Who's been rumored) kinda make sense. They'll come in as free agents and not command huge wages, plus they have experience of playing under a passing system in the EPL under Martinez. Solid enough backups. Seems like a decent way to get in backups and leaves the big money for the starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Does this club not post any ****ing scouts outside of England anymore? Christ.

RustySpoon wrote: »

mats-hummels.jpg

He just signed a new long term contract in the last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

mats-hummels.jpg

He's utterly unrealistic.

amiable wrote: »
    I'd guess that although Krasic may arrive for a cheaper fee but his wages would be a lot more than Johnson.

thats questionable, didn't Johnson sign a 5 year deal with City just before xmas? Something like 80k per week

G.K. wrote: »
    Diame and also Moses (Who's been rumored) kinda make sense. They'll come in as free agents and not command huge wages, plus they have experience of playing under a passing system in the EPL under Martinez. Solid enough backups. Seems like a decent way to get in backups and leaves the big money for the starters.

Is Moses on a free?

Not sure what to make of him, I don't think he'll ever be good enough for where we want to be.

thats questionable, didn't Johnson sign a 5 year deal with City just before xmas? Something like 80k per week

As I said in my original post I was guessing but I'd say Krasic would be on more money than Johnson at Juventus

I personally think he's over rated and secondly it was caughtoffside.com that linked him as far as I know

Well it wasn't me that brought up the rumour, I merely commented on it.

But I certainly don't think he's overrated. He has pace, trickery, end product and can score goals.

I think he's an excellent winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Lazy won't work, not with Rodgers being a proponant of working hard to get the ball back once you lose it. Players who lose it and stand with their hands on the hips (I'm looking at you, Cristiano) will NOT go down well...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ye should try and hijack Newcastles attempt at signing the North Korean star, Jong Il-Gwan. Looks a proper player!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I would have been open to the idea of us signing Johnson this time last year but upon reading about him a fair while ago last season, the lad had some issues. Rather we avoided. Honestly, if you can talk about realistically getting someone from City who'd be an excellent buy and relatively cheap, it's Guidetti.

Well it wasn't me that brought up the rumour, I merely commented on it.

But I certainly don't think he's overrated. He has pace, trickery, end product and can score goals.

I think he's an excellent winger.

Well I didn't say you brought it up, i merely commented on your comment :)

I genuinely think opinion of him has steamrolled in to this opinion that he should be played more often at City and he's better than he is.
    He's a decent player but I don't see him as much of an improvement on Stewart Downing TBH.
    I think there are better options out there across Europe at cheaper fees and wages than Downing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

-Ade- wrote: »
    I would have been open to the idea of us signing Johnson this time last year but upon reading about him a fair while ago last season, the lad had some issues. Rather we avoided. Honestly, if you can talk about realistically getting someone from City who'd be an excellent buy and relatively cheap, it's Guidetti.

Has he played a senior league game for them? Id rather give Adam Morgan a few games

Melion wrote: »
    Has he played a senior league game for them? Id rather give Adam Morgan a few games

Adam Morgan has struggled lately IMO.
    He may just need to get his head right.
    Joao Teixeira looks like he could be a player Rodgers will like going on his Next Gen performances

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    Ye should try and hijack Newcastles attempt at signing the North Korean star, Jong Il-Gwan. Looks a proper player!

I can see the Mrs. Doyle jokes already...

Are the North Korean players even allowed leave the country??
    Well I didn't say you brought it up, i merely commented on your comment :)

I genuinely think opinion of him has steamrolled in to this opinion that he should be played more often at City and he's better than he is.
    He's a decent player but I don't see him as much of an improvement on Stewart Downing TBH.
    I think there are better options out there across Europe at cheaper fees and wages than Downing.

I personally have always thought Johnson was far superior to Downing. There was a time a couple of years ago that I really wanted us to sign both.

Guidetti? Nope he hasn't played a game for City. Just basing my opinion of him from his time at Feyenoord namely.

Guidetti? Nope he hasn't played a game for City. Just basing my opinion of him from his time at Feyenoord namely.

Id rather see him playing in the english league first, everyone knows how "random" the dutch league can be (Kezman/RVN)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Kess73 wrote: »
    I'm more of an Irish hero than he is. Yes I concede that he might have been a slightly better footballer than I, and he may have had the slight advantage of being a world class defender.

But I beat him on one score when it comes to being an Irish hero.

I was born in Ireland, he cannot beat that.:pac:

He's a better rapper than you are though.

I wonder how he felt about being called 'The Black Pearl'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I can see the Mrs. Doyle jokes already...

Are the North Korean players even allowed leave the country??

Yep, only recently though so Newcastle seem to be getting the cream of the crop from over there if it goes through.

Id rather see him playing in the english league first, everyone knows how "random" the dutch league can be (Kezman/RVN)

This is the scouts job to judge whether a player can make the transition to play EPL.
    It's about time we uncovered a few gems from some of Europes ''lower leagues''

Sappy404 wrote: »

I wonder how he felt about being called 'The Black Pearl'?

Ah it was a different era then ;)

Every league produces flops. Too narrow minded to have an outlook like that IMO. From his movement, to his appreciation of teammates around him let alone his goals. He's a genuine talent, and whoever signs him will reap the rewards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Very talented defender, would you reckon he is a realistic target though? There will be alot of interest I reckon.

Love to see us bring Dede of Vasco da Gama to Europe. More in the Agger style of centre half in terms of being the ball player but he is excellent in the air and quite quick aswell.

He'll end up at Milan or Barca though, himself and Thiago Silva will be a great partnership.

Yanga-Mbiwa was meant to be one of the Montpellier players we were scouting under Comolli, and again under Kenny. I think at present he would be a realistic target, but, like so many players we missed out on over the years, he is only one move away, imho of course, from becoming an unrealistic target pricewise.

Have you heard Kess rap?

• Advertisement

Every league produces flops. Too narrow minded to have an outlook like that IMO. From his movement, to his appreciation of teammates around him let alone his goals. He's a genuine talent, and whoever signs him will reap the rewards.

Ive never seen him play so ill take your word for it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Samich wrote: »

cant be bad sure isnt he a world cup winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Have you heard Kess rap?

Nope. just basing my opinion on the fact that he couldn't possibly be any better than our Paul in that song.

mats-hummels.jpg

He was right up until the end of the season before last. At that point he was out of our price range. I think that our only chances of getting Hummels were at the ends of the 09/10 season and the 10/11 season.

Now he would cost mega money to get, that's even if he wanted to move.

Fantastic centre back imho. Would have Thiago Silva, Hummels, and Kompany as the three best in the word in the position, but given that Hummels is only 23 at present I think it will not be too long before he nudges himself into the number one slot and keeps it for years.

Now I am not saying that Yanga-Mbiwa is a Hummels level player or will ever be on that level, but he is already a very good centre back who may go on to be a top class one. But I think that this summer is the chance to get him before he either joins another big club which would most likely see his stock rise a hell of a lot, or he sits out the last 12 months of his contract and then joins a big CL club and his stock rises. Either way I think from the summer of 2013 onwards he will be worth a hell of a lot more than this summer.

Same thing applies to the likes of Belhanda, Sigurdsson, M'Vila (who would already command a £20m fee imho), Welliton, Moussa Sissoko etc.

Meh, why rap when you can rock.:D

Have you heard Kess rap?

Rula K Kess Flash in da house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Victor Moses?

Jebus crisp.

Didin't he have the record of having more shots than anyone without hitting the target by christmas?

Think it was 46 shots without hitting the post or making the keeper work.

Eh no thanks.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Victor Moses?

Jebus crisp.

Didin't he have the record of having more shots than anyone without hitting the target by christmas?

Eh no thanks.

It was something pathetic alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Victor Moses?

Jebus crisp.

Eh no thanks.

He is still only 21. He showed a marked improvement last year compared to the year before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Hahaha was just watching SSN and noticed this, someone messed up they have Michel Vorm down as Liverpool keeper.:D248180_446279042058720_370773225_n.jpg

Gbear wrote: »
    He is still only 21. He showed a marked improvement last year compared to the year before.

What, was it 92 shots last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

SSN saying Clarke to be announced as West Brom boss within 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dickerty wrote: »
    What, was it 92 shots last year?

He had more end product this year.

6 goals. Better than Stewie.
    6 assists aswell, whatever that counts for.

On the cheap we could do worse.

If it allowed getting more quality in another position I'd be all for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Not that impressed with talk of Moses, Diame seems a decent buy, might mean Spearing sold and more money for transfers.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

SSN saying Clarke to be announced as West Brom boss within 24 hours.

I'm happy for him. And for all the headline writers saying "Clarke axed", we could have held on and looked for compensation. We did right by him.

Wonder if he'll bring Keen with him?

• Advertisement

Better than Downing line needs to stop. Nothing to shout home about :pac:

I'd have Diame here though as a squad buy, offers some pace and athleticism in that midfield we so sorely need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Hahaha was just watching SSN and noticed this, someone messed up they have Michel Vorm down as Liverpool keeper.:D248180_446279042058720_370773225_n.jpg

Could he be on his way to us....???!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

RT @Richard_Buxton_: Maxi Rodriguez leaving #LFC in favour of a return to where it all began at Newell's Old Boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

@rihanna: The Sun Newspaper is like a ****in ass hair, full of ****!!!!!!” < #DontbuytheSun #ynwa -- Ryan Babel (@RyanBabel)

Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The Adam Johnson thing, it said our opening bid would be £16m :eek:
    I don't know much about the guy, not getting his game (okay, it's city), but an opening bid of £16m who apparently started 10 games last season causes me concern.

It's obviously a risk but the amount being offered is not risk like.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement