Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The Adam Johnson thing, it said our opening bid would be £16m :eek:
    I don't know much about the guy, not getting his game (okay, it's city), but an opening bid of £16m who apparently started 10 games last season causes me concern.

It's obviously a risk but the amount being offered is not risk like.

16m for him would be madness, absoulte madness. If the club really want to prove they've learnt from their mistakes they should stay the fcuk clear for anything over 10m, its just not worth the value.

16m could probably more or less get you Belhanda or Gaston Ramirez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hopefully just silly rumours. I hope we sign someone, I am bored. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

cheerio to maxi he was a decent servent to the club and never complained even though he should have got more gametime

On a plus thats another maybe £90,000 a week off the wage bill

just on the Diame signing he will provide decent backup for lucas without costing a fortune win win for us. regarding spearing there is no point selling him, his wages are hardly massive and he is not going to bring in a huge transfer fee. hold onto him we have plenty of matches this year and he can provide emergency cover. I wreckon he could still get 15+ games this year in all comps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Twitter is banging on about Maxi being off to Newells Old Boys.

Ah well, its no surprise. The real pity is LFC didn't sign him about 5 years sooner!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea and he did go missing a lot but in a short time he had on the pitch especially when he started, he was damn effective in front of goal.

Last season, started 10 and score 4 goals. Season before that, started 24 and scored 10.

One of our better free transfers in recent years, wish Maxi all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is everyone on 90k at the club? Seems to be the only figure i see here, is there any evidence or just a big general guess?

So then of the first team squad three well flagged names have left, all of a certain age and wage. Will Joe Cole make it a quartet? I'd say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Diame would be a great buy for ye I reckon. Really impressed me last season, wouldn't mind seeing him at Utd :D On a free too.

Is everyone on 90k at the club? Seems to be the only figure i see here, is there any evidence or just a big general guess?

I'm fairly sure I read last year sometime that Maxi was on 60K a week. Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mike65 wrote: »
    So then of the first team squad three well flagged names have left, all of a certain age and wage. Will Joe Cole make it a quartet? I'd say so.

Hopefully so, should make a big difference to the wage bill.

We had reports of about a £30 Million kitty plus sales, I wouldn't be a fan of spending at least half that on Johnson.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

-Ade- wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I read last year sometime that Maxi was on 60K a week. Could be wrong though.

I think there was a big signing on fee which brought it up, bit like the Cole and Jova deals.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

it mostly educated guesses but the majority of reports I have seen quate maxi on close to £90k a week but that would have part of his signing on fee incorporated id imagine

K-9 wrote: »
    Hopefully so, should make a big difference to the wage bill.

We had reports of about a £30 Million kitty plus sales, I wouldn't be a fan of spending at least half that on Johnson.

Johnson & Johnson?

johnson-and-r_article_large.jpg

or

free-johnson-and-johnson-baby-coupons.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Johnson & Johnson?

Jay Spearing likes this:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

redzerdrog wrote: »
    it mostly educated guesses but the majority of reports I have seen quate maxi on close to £90k a week but that would have part of his signing on fee incorporated id imagine

Surely it should be incorporated though? As far as I'm aware, the big clubs don't really do signing on fee's in big lumps anymore. It gets spread out. So it is basically a part of a players weekly wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I am the only one the doesn't rate Diame ?

And by the way Maxi is going nowhere . At least not for now .

I've watched him alot under martinez. I quite like him. He's big physically, strong, quick, has good feet. He is like a lesser version of toure although diame has a much better engine. Toure can be a bit lazy. A very useful player and a great bit of business for liverpool on a free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I don't think Clarke will be a successful manager.

Good coach, but don't think he's great with the media.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    I don't think Clarke will be a successful manager.

Good coach, but don't think he's great with the media.

Mourinho says he is ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Leiva wrote: »

Mourinho says a lot of stuff.

He's very reserved.

He should have taken some of the interviews when Kenny was feeling the heat.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Mourinho says a lot of stuff.

Yea like I am going to win the league before a certain date and does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Clarke not speaking to the media wasn't his idea I would guess. I posted an hour long interview he did a while back and he came across very well.

The Maxi thing looks like it isn't true. Newell Boys reporting it as false.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Not always.

• Advertisement

Clarke has a good reputation but it's odd that both of the last two projects he has been involved in have failed. i.e Dalglish + Zola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

"Right after I vastly outspend all my rivals":pac:

From the Newcastle thread:

'Just listened to an interview there live with Graham Carr on TalkSport. Amongst the key points he made were:

- He does not have an extensive network of scouts. He has 6 scouts he trusts and works very closely with them.

- The lower leagues in England simply do not have the talent currently to produce top talent, in the way Ian Wright, Stan Collymore etc were uncovered.

- All transfer targets for this summer are already identified. As such, he won't be monitoring the Euros with this summers window in mind.

- He relies almost wholly on his eyes versus technology. He disregards dvds from agents etc and bases all his work from his eyes and/or trusted scouts eyes.

I think the most important point for NUFC fans was this:

- Carr had a 3 hour meeting with Ashley and LLambias on tuesday. Ashley told him he was in this for the long term and wants Carr to continue his work of uncovering gems but NUFC will not become a selling club, that he wants to build on the success and potential of this season, but by continuing in the same method of unearthing top talent versus spending big.'

Sounds like the complete opposite to Comolli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Clarke has a good reputation but it's odd that both of the last two projects he has been involved in have failed. i.e Dalglish + Zola.
    To a degree. He was at Liverpool as a defence coach. That side can't be considered a failure. People can question how big his impact was, but regardless, our defence was extremely solid, and was almost instantly better after he joined last season.

How he'll do when in charge of the whole shebang next season will be interesting to see. I bet West Brom will be mean in defence though.

With regards the media, who cares to be honest, it'll be one of the least important aspects of his job. It's not Liverpool - he'll just have to spout a few minutes of cliches after games, job done. Won't have a lot of Mainstream media exposure beyond that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Ah well the he must be so..... ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I always got the feeling Clarke was running things last season and Kenny was more of a figurehead.

From the Newcastle thread:

'Just listened to an interview there live with Graham Carr on TalkSport. Amongst the key points he made were:

- He does not have an extensive network of scouts. He has 6 scouts he trusts and works very closely with them.

- The lower leagues in England simply do not have the talent currently to produce top talent, in the way Ian Wright, Stan Collymore etc were uncovered.

- All transfer targets for this summer are already identified. As such, he won't be monitoring the Euros with this summers window in mind.

- He relies almost wholly on his eyes versus technology. He disregards dvds from agents etc and bases all his work from his eyes and/or trusted scouts eyes.

I think the most important point for NUFC fans was this:

- Carr had a 3 hour meeting with Ashley and LLambias on tuesday. Ashley told him he was in this for the long term and wants Carr to continue his work of uncovering gems but NUFC will not become a selling club, that he wants to build on the success and potential of this season, but by continuing in the same method of unearthing top talent versus spending big.'

Sounds like the complete opposite to Comolli.

Which is why Ashley just got him to sign a 8yr ( yes 8yr) contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Daime and Sigurdsson look like Liverpool's first 2 arrivals of the summer. Good enough acquisitions as they will push out the likes of Spearing and Adam from the first XI.

I wouldnt mind seeing a good overhaul of the squad to be honest. I think a lot of cash could be saved on wages alone by pursuing some options as opposed to what Liverpool have available.

If looking for a full back i think young Olsson from blackburn would be a useful addition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Also reckon we need a left full as Enrique is terrible going forward don't now how he is going to get on under Rodgers as he can't pass or cross a ball. No place for head down running anymore. I seriously believe we need a new left back and not as cover but as first choice would love to test evertons resolve and fire a big bid in for baines now this kid would be a revelation for us and is deadly from set pieces. Throw a 15 million bid in and test the water

Also reckon we need a left full as Enrique is terrible going forward don't now how he is going to get on under Rodgers as he can't pass or cross a ball. No place for head down running anymore. I seriously believe we need a new left back and not as cover but as first choice would love to test evertons resolve and fire a big bid in for baines now this kid would be a revelation for us and is deadly from set pieces. Throw a 15 million bid in and test the water

He can pass. and under rodgers system of zonal positioning when attacking he will always have an option open. If nobody is free or making themselves free, who can you pass to on the wing?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

I am the only one the doesn't rate Diame ?
    I don't think he's good enough to start every game but is a fine back up for Lucas who will be playing the majority of the games. He's free and as long as his wages aren't excessive then im happy. It's much better then spending around 5 million on some other DM that's going to sit on the bench.

EDIT: Anyone got a rough idea on what we have to spend this summer anyways?

Maxi Rodríguez ‏@MR11ok

Happy with the birth of my second daughter Aitana
    Expand Collapse

* RetweetedRetweet
    * Delete
    * FavoritedFavorite

14m Maxi Rodríguez Maxi Rodríguez ‏@MR11ok

Feliz con el nacimiento de mi segunda hija Aitana
    Expand Collapse

* RetweetedRetweet
    * Delete
    * FavoritedFavorite

22m Maxi Rodríguez Maxi Rodríguez ‏@MR11ok

Now I am enjoying the birth of my second daughter
    Expand Collapse

* RetweetedRetweet
    * Delete
    * FavoritedFavorite

29m Maxi Rodríguez Maxi Rodríguez ‏@MR11ok

Ahora estoy disfrutando del nacimiento de mi segunda hija

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Maxi Rodríguez ‏@MR11ok

Happy with the birth of my second daughter Aitana
    Expand Collapse

* RetweetedRetweet
    * Delete
    * FavoritedFavorite

14m Maxi Rodríguez Maxi Rodríguez ‏@MR11ok

Feliz con el nacimiento de mi segunda hija Aitana
    Expand Collapse

* RetweetedRetweet
    * Delete
    * FavoritedFavorite

22m Maxi Rodríguez Maxi Rodríguez ‏@MR11ok

Now I am enjoying the birth of my second daughter
    Expand Collapse

* RetweetedRetweet
    * Delete
    * FavoritedFavorite

29m Maxi Rodríguez Maxi Rodríguez ‏@MR11ok

Ahora estoy disfrutando del nacimiento de mi segunda hija

I don't get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

King Kenny is working for the mirror now ????

Kenneth Dalglish ‏@kennethdalglish
    Delighted to be working again...for The Mirror. KD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

stick-dan wrote: »
    King Kenny is working for the mirror now ????

Kenneth Dalglish ‏@kennethdalglish
    Delighted to be working again...for The Mirror. KD

http://twitpic.com/9tvtq2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Kirby wrote: »
    He can pass. and under rodgers system of zonal positioning when attacking he will always have an option open. If nobody is free or making themselves free, who can you pass to on the wing?
    Summary of last season tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Everything's coming up Milhouse for King Kenny.

Adam Johnson linked to Sunderland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

For someone who had such contempt for the media and wouldn't "play the game" I'm surprised he's jumped into bed with them so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

For someone who had such contempt for the media and wouldn't "play the game" I'm surprised he's jumped into bed with them so quickly.

I find it all a bit lol that he's writing for The Mirror tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Adam Johnson would be a great addition to the team. Not sure if Man City would sell him to us though.
    I was disappointed when Gylfi Sigurdsson was going to sign for Swansea. A bargain for him. Hopefully he will sign for us.

Adam Johnson would be a great addition to the team. Not sure if Man City would sell him to us though.
    I was disappointed when Gylfi Sigurdsson was going to sign for Swansea. A bargain for him. Hopefully he will sign for us.
    Why would City not sell to Liverpool? They let Adebayor go to Spurs and seem willing to make it permanent

He was writing for one of them right up until he got the Liverpool job.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

opr wrote: »
    He was writing for one of them right up until he got the Liverpool job.

Opr

The Daily Mail, wasn't it? He was still writing for them for a few months after he got the Liverpool job iirc.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    The Daily Mail, wasn't it? He was still writing for them for a few months after he got the Liverpool job iirc.

Yeah I think it was them. I don't really see peoples problem. Kenny being uncomfortable in front of a camera, showing contempt towards certain sections of the media has very little to do with him writing a newspaper column. If the tabloids had more people like him writing for them they wouldn't be in such a state.

Opr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement